Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez: I plan on playing here forever.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez reminds me of every mexican gardener/landscaper I ever met. They never quit.

They all start off cheap and do a great job, in a few years they are doing a so so job and overcharging you. Eventually you have to fire them and get another.

They never quit and always be more than happy to work for you forever just as long as you overpay them and put up with sloppy work.

Sanchez would have made a good gardener/landscaper.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Sanchez reminds me of every mexican gardener/landscaper I ever met. They never quit.

They all start off cheap and do a great job, in a few years they are doing a so so job and overcharging you. Eventually you have to fire them and get another.

They never quit and always be more than happy to work for you forever just as long as you overpay them and put up with sloppy work.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

As an American Hispanic (family here since 1915) (not Mexican American). I think your post is racist. You went from bashing a qb (rightfully so) to bashing his race. (totally uncalled for);

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We have known about the weakness of this offense since July. I'm flabbergasted as to why everyone is going crazy about it here in December when we have been seeing this the entire season. Nothing about Mark Sanchez's performance in Buffalo is any different than any other offensive performance this entire year. Running backs don't run, wide receivers don't catch, OL doesn't block, coordinator is lost, Mark Sanchez takes the blame.

Mark Sanchez is good when he had playmakers like:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Washington.

Mark Sanchez isn't good when he has fap like:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene.

No quarterback could succeed with this group of offensive sh-t. And I didn't list the offensive line. And I didn't talk about the coordinator.

If we had replaced these players with higher-quality playmakers we still may not be 100% pleased with Mark Sanchez's progress, but he certainly would be our starting quarterback and we certainly be somewhere near an 11 win team.

This is the reason why Mark Sanchez will stay with the Jets, why he will get a good look in training camp, and why he will be the starting quarterback in 2013.

SAR I
    Mark Sanchez has never been good ! His first two years when the team had talent he was barely average.

He never will be any more than just average especially when you have to hide his flaws.
    Eyeball test= He's a bust

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    Mark Sanchez has never been good ! His first two years when the team had talent he was barely average.

He never will be any more than just average especially when you have to hide his flaws.
    Eyeball test= He's a bust
    His first year he was a rookie.

His second year we got off to a 9-2 start enroute to an 11-5 finish and no one complained at all.

His third and fourth year he was neglected by his GM who was just fired for that very reason.

30% chance Mark Sanchez can return to good form, 70% chance he's destroyed. We're going to find out.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    His first year he was a rookie.

His second year we got off to a 9-2 start enroute to an 11-5 finish and no one complained at all.

His third and fourth year he was neglected by his GM who was just fired for that very reason.

30% chance Mark Sanchez can return to good form, 70% chance he's destroyed. We're going to find out.

SAR I
    return? to good? in order to return to being good he had to be good at some point in the first place. he has sucked for the most part, and when he had an elite o-line, an elite running game and a great defense he was average at best. give me a break. rex ryan could have thrown for more yards that year

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is going to be around here next season, like it or not. I want to see us go out and get a good offensive mind in here. Not Tony f***ing Sparano. A #1 receiver would be nice too. Dwayne Bowe anyone? And draft a RUNNING BACK! Doesn't have to be in the first round, but someone like Montee Ball in round 2 would put a big smile on my face.

2013:

Receivers:
    -Dwayne Bowe
    -Santonio Holmes
    -Braylon Edwards
    -Jeremy Kerley
    -Stephen Hill

Running backs:
    -Montee Ball
    -Joe McKnight
    -Bilal Powell

And obviously some re-tooling with the o-line. Would like to see us draft a right tackle with the 9th pick. Taylor Lewan from Michigan?

Do all that, show COMMITMENT to improving the offensive side of the ball, and I can see Sanchez bouncing back.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    return? to good? in order to return to being good he had to be good at some point in the first place. he has sucked for the most part, and when he had an elite o-line, an elite running game and a great defense he was average at best. give me a break. rex ryan could have thrown for more yards that year
    After his first 10 games of rookie jitters, Mark Sanchez led the Jets to a 16-4 run.

He was good then. And so were legitimate NFL weapons like Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Jericho Cotchery, Ladanian Tomlinson, Tony Richardson, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, and Dustin Keller. All of whom were let go and never replaced and/or got injured and didn't contribute.

It's not like the offense stayed consistent the last 4 years and Mark Sanchez was the thing that sucked; he lost every playmaker he had during our successful seasons. Don't believe me. Ask Mike Tannenbaum, he knows.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Every Hispanic (they're not all Mexican) landscaper I've ever met has worked their absolute ass off and put my white, American work ethic to shame. They're some of the hardest working people I've ever met.

But that point wouldn't matter to you, because it's not coated in racism.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    as the permanent backup that they'll never dress for the game

Jets Insider VIP
    JI Staff Photographer

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with SAR. Sanchez isn't the biggest problem by far. That was taken care of today, with the release of the GM. Sanchez has issues, for sure, but the Jets don't need to bring in somebody else's benchwarmer, like Flynn. Let's give him some NFL type offense and see if he responds in training camp.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Would it be a bad thing If I attacked this clown(verbally)?

Holy sh-t, man..... This is one of the most racist posts I've ever seen to date(I've seen worse but still)....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    seriously alcro

time for you to apologize ASAP

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Every Hispanic (they're not all Mexican) landscaper I've ever met has worked their absolute ass off and put my white, American work ethic to shame. They're some of the hardest working people I've ever met.

But that point wouldn't matter to you, because it's not coated in racism.
    My Niece's husband is in the Tree's biz in FL and according to him the worst of all his Hispanic workers are the Cubans.. He says it's something about growing up in Communist Cuba.. Oh and he's Cuban.. Your right about the American work ethic I don't think there is one anymore.. Look how many posters are at work and they are on here most of the day..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rorjets View Post
    Sanchez isn't the biggest problem
    he's a very close second.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to see sanchez succeed in NY. that said we need to bring in an actual QB be it a vet or through the draft to compete with him if he can't get the job done

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

this is one of the stupidest statements I've read on JI. FWIW mark is about the least ethnic mexican-amercan kid I've ever seen. I think the only spanish words he knows are items from the taco bell menu. and as far as athletes go, mexican boxers are among some of the toughest SOB's in sports

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was better his rookie year than he is now. I staunchly defended him until the Arizona game, now I want him gone, especially since his dysfunctional BFF WR is sadly the only person who wants to be a member of this team.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    On #4 odds are 70% that you're correct and 30% that my pipe dream is correct.

Here's the deal:

We are going to suck next season. We will have a new offensive coordinator. We will have better talent at WR, TE, OL, and RB. The Tebow distraction will be over. Mark Sanchez is on our team next season. The offense has to take steps to improve next season. There are no great QB's out there in FA or the draft. So there's no harm in starting the offensive rebuild with Sanchez under center in '13 to see if he wasn't the problem in '12.

It's a very simple concept. It's not a ridiculous request. And it's going to happen anyway.

SAR I
    how are the Jets going to sell this pathetic piece of crap to an already hostile and fed up fanbase. Buttchez is as popular in NY as a tax increase and you are in a very small minority here.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez