Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Hill makes that catch vs the Pats...Jets make the playoffs

If Hill makes that catch vs the Pats...Jets make the playoffs

Looking back, That OT loss crushed them...Sanchez outplayed Brady, and that game was in the bag if Hill doesn't let that ball go through his hands. That said the Houston Monday night game was very winnable as well. Just sucks...

7-9 makes the playoffs? Da fuq?

If we had a good QB....OH the possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Looking back, That OT loss crushed them...Sanchez outplayed Brady, and that game was in the bag if Hill doesn't let that ball go through his hands. That said the Houston Monday night game was very winnable as well. Just sucks...
    Yeah and if Ray Ray were a Pats fan, his optimistic posts would still be ridiculous!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    I felt like that drop by Hill cost them the season also. The extra effort after that game was missing. The bias was negative.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    7-9 makes the playoffs? Da fuq?

I just think they would've had Aton of momentum after that win...and the rest of the season wouldn't have fallen apart. Their defense got a lot better as the season wore on...

I just think they would've had Aton of momentum after that win...and the rest of the season wouldn't have fallen apart. Their defense got a lot better as the season wore on...
    This is the New York Jest, lol. If we're not falling apart, we wouldn't be us.

All Pro
    This team has lots of warts and they had some really bad games, so I'm not sure a win there means the team is playoff bound... But that was a huge huge play.

Not just game changing. I agree that the team, the O in particular, didn't look the same all season after that.

Could've been the straw that broke Sanchez back.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    As bad as our quarterback was, the defense cost us the playoffs.

@ New England: Mark Sanchez gives the well-rested defense a 3 point lead with 90 seconds on the clock. They let Tom Brady march up the field. Twice. Lose in an OT that we never should have been in.

Miami: A terrible Dolphin team visits, we let their backup quarterback have a field day beating us deep all day long. Special teams gives up a killer TD. We lose 30-9.

@ Tennessee: Jets defense gives up a 95 yard TD on one play, yet Mark Sanchez' Jets have a 3rd quarter lead. Defense gives up a 65 yard answer-back TD drive to lose it 14-10.

If those three games go our way, so too go games against San Diego and Buffalo. Beating New England in Foxboro makes all the difference, the D lost the biggest games of the season in retrospect.

SAR I

All League
    should have, would have, could have

JETS MOTTO

Tucker is actually right

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

@ New England: Mark Sanchez gives the well-rested defense a 3 point lead with 90 seconds on the clock. They let Tom Brady march up the field. Twice. Lose in an OT that we never should have been in.

Miami: A terrible Dolphin team visits, we let their backup quarterback have a field day beating us deep all day long. Special teams gives up a killer TD. We lose 30-9.

@ Tennessee: Jets defense gives up a 95 yard TD on one play, yet Mark Sanchez' Jets have a 3rd quarter lead. Defense gives up a 65 yard answer-back TD drive to lose it 14-10.

If those three games go our way, so too go games against San Diego and Buffalo. Beating New England in Foxboro makes all the difference, the D lost the biggest games of the season in retrospect.

SAR I

SAR I
    You are the Skip Bayless of JetsInsider.com

Huge fan of his and your craft

You can't exactly say that the offence is keeping its end of the bargain when they can only put up 10 points. You also can't discount the number of turnovers they've had, which puts the defense's back against the wall. But it's a team game and they underachieved all around this year, everyone included. That said, it's obvious things will be better next season, it's hard not to be optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post

It's a thing of beauty, honestly. Once you understand SAR's schtick, it's absolutely hilarious.

SAR I
    Seven games this year we've scored 10 points or less.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post

I know Skip Bayless' name but have no idea what his opinions are or how they relate to me.

I simply believe that since the Rex Ryan Strategy has a manifesto that says "We Shall Have The Best Defense In The NFL" and "We Shall Ground & Pound" that the onus is on those two areas to outperform the other areas of the team that are not as important and thus are neglected.

Mark Sanchez shouldn't have been successful this season. Anyone who saw us in Cortland knows he was set up to fail. But the defense? Tons of draft picks, tons of free agents, tons of investment. The ground game? Tebow and Wildcat were supposed to boost the Shonn Greene fail.

Those three games the defense was handed late leads or terrible competition and didn't rise to the occasion. Those losses are on them. Not sure if Skip Bayless would feel that way, that's how I feel.

SAR I

I know Skip Bayless' name but have no idea what his opinions are or how they relate to me.

I simply believe that since the Rex Ryan Strategy has a manifesto that says "We Shall Have The Best Defense In The NFL" and "We Shall Ground & Pound" that the onus is on those two areas to outperform the other areas of the team that are not as important and thus are neglected.

Mark Sanchez shouldn't have been successful this season. Anyone who saw us in Cortland knows he was set up to fail. But the defense? Tons of draft picks, tons of free agents, tons of investment. The ground game? Tebow and Wildcat were supposed to boost the Shonn Greene fail.

Those three games the defense was handed late leads or terrible competition and didn't rise to the occasion. Those losses are on them. Not sure if Skip Bayless would feel that way, that's how I feel.

SAR I
    He's the guy on First Take that worships Tebow on a daily basis. He's basically a pro-Tebow version of you.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Seven games this year we've scored 10 points or less.
    It's well-known how terrible our offense has been this season.

But the (shh) dirty little secret is how terrible our defense has been this season. Especially against elite competition, especially late in games. This defense hasn't been able to get a big 4th quarter stop in ages. This defense hasn't been able to win us a single game through their dominance.

We over-invest on the D and our expectations are higher there. Yet the press and the social media and the feeble-minded discussion forum population just want to scream at the quarterback when they should actually be screaming at the linebacker.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's a thing of beauty, honestly. Once you understand SAR's schtick, it's absolutely hilarious.
    +1

At first I was in disbelief and mad at how ridiculous his posts were. No one can be THAT thick headed.

But I understand now. It's all a schtick.

It's kind of like that show "Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!" , you just need to "get it"