Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Hill makes that catch vs the Pats...Jets make the playoffs

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He's the guy on First Take that worships Tebow on a daily basis. He's basically a pro-Tebow version of you.
    So he thinks Rex Ryan is an idiotic defensive coordinator run amok and that the Jets defense is the reason we aren't in the playoffs? Cool.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    So he thinks Rex Ryan is an idiotic defensive coordinator run amok and that the Jets defense is the reason we aren't in the playoffs? Cool.

SAR I
    Not entirely, but close enough. He thinks nothing is ever Tebow's fault and that he's really a good QB.

You know; delusional.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's well-known how terrible our offense has been this season.

But the (shh) dirty little secret is how terrible our defense has been this season. Especially against elite competition, especially late in games. This defense hasn't been able to get a big 4th quarter stop in ages. This defense hasn't been able to win us a single game through their dominance.

We over-invest on the D and our expectations are higher there. Yet the press and the social media and the feeble-minded discussion forum population just want to scream at the quarterback when they should actually be screaming at the linebacker.

SAR I
    Hard to be a dominant defense when Sanchez constantly fumbles the ball in your own territory. Oh and I think that Revis guy got hurt too.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    You can't exactly say that the offence is keeping its end of the bargain when they can only put up 10 points. You also can't discount the number of turnovers they've had, which puts the defense's back against the wall. But it's a team game and they underachieved all around this year, everyone included. That said, it's obvious things will be better next season, it's hard not to be optimistic.
    The Titans had the worst offense in the NFL at the time we played them.

Our defense let them go 95 yards in 1 play. Our defense let them go 65 yards on 10 plays right after we took a late lead.

Yet all we talk about is Mark Sanchez throwing picks and fumbling. If the D does its job, Mark Sanchez gets the W. Same for New England. Same for Miami.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not entirely, but close enough. He thinks nothing is ever Tebow's fault and that he's really a good QB.

You know; delusional.
    Can't wait to see Tebow get run out of Jacksonville in 2 years. I feel bad for Shorts and Blackmon they both should demand trades as soon Tebow comes to Jax. Their careers will be over.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Our defense let them go 95 yards in 1 play. Our defense let them go 65 yards on 10 plays right after we took a late lead.

Yet all we talk about is Mark Sanchez throwing picks and fumbling. If the D does its job, Mark Sanchez gets the W. Same for New England. Same for Miami.

SAR I
    And that was 1 play. Suckchez also threw 4 picks. Turnovers by the offense will kill any defense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Hard to be a dominant defense when Sanchez constantly fumbles the ball in your own territory. Oh and I think that Revis guy got hurt too.
    Revis' injury didn't have much of an impact because the safeties and Cromartie rose to the occasion and played great.

The Holmes injury exposed just how thin we are at WR and Keller missing half the season (again) exposed just how bad we are at TE.

For a defense that was stocked with talent and over-invested in by the GM and HC it played feebly in very big spots, didn't dominate and steal a win for us in years.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    > Hold opposing offense to 14 points
    > Your own offense only scores 10 points
    > "OMG, THE D LET US DOWN! DEY DIDN'T GET DA MANDATORY SHUTOUT! WORST D EVER! MURKY MURK DAAAAAAA BESS!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You know; delusional.
    If you know his schtick you should know he knows who Skip Bayless is.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    And that was 1 play. Suckchez also threw 4 picks. Turnovers by the offense will kill any defense.
    The defense was supposed to play great, be the best in the NFL.

The offense was supposed to play weak, be the worst in the NFL.

Expectations out of Cortland were very different for the two squads. Mark Sanchez was destined to suck this season. We all saw the crap they put on the field in Corltand.

Mark sucking is not a surprise. Should have been expected.

The defense sucking is a surprise. Should never have happened.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    > Hold opposing offense to 14 points
    > Your own offense only scores 10 points
    > "OMG, THE D LET US DOWN! DEY DIDN'T GET DA MANDATORY SHUTOUT! WORST D EVER! MURKY MURK DAAAAAAA BESS!"
    The Jets let the worst offense in the NFL get a 95 yard TD on a single play.

You think they're awesome.

The Jets get a lead and let the worst offense in the NFL get a 65 yard answer-back drive.

You are in college. You are still learning. Football is on your curriculum. Pay better attention.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis' injury didn't have much of an impact because the safeties and Cromartie rose to the occasion and played great.
    And Rex gets 0 credit for both of those things why?

The Holmes injury exposed just how thin we are at WR and Keller missing half the season (again) exposed just how bad we are at TE.
    Agree with your initial point but no way does it excuse Sanchez fumblitis.

For a defense that was stocked with talent and over-invested in by the GM and HC it played feebly in very big spots, didn't dominate and steal a win for us in years.

SAR I
    Disagree 100%. Our defense kept us in a lot of games this year. Suckchez fumbling and throwing crazy picks ever other play sunk the ship. The Tebow nonsense was the icing on the cake.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets let the worst offense in the NFL get a 95 yard TD on a single play.

The Jets get a lead and let the worst offense in the NFL get a 65 yard answer-back drive.

You are in college. You are still learning. Football is on your curriculum. Pay better attention.

SAR I
    lol, no. I know they're flawed. I just recognize that Mark is more flawed and leads to more **** ups than they do (ok, save for Kyle Burntson). Don't get mad just because Murk isn't perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    If you know his schtick you should know he knows who Skip Bayless is.
    Mate, I'm pretty sure he IS Skip Bayless. lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Broken record with the 95 yard argument. Chris Johnson is one of the most talented RB's in the NFL he'd still be putting up elite stats if he had a competent QB playing with him who could spread the field instead of letting everyone stack 8 in the box.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today when the defense forces a turnover inside the Bills Red Zone down 14-9, and the offense gets no points out of it, doesn't count right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets sucked this season. I'm not making any excuses for them. But a few observations: Hill getting the dropsies seemed to be contagious. He was a huge diappointment. Sanchez had him and Kerley and a hamstrung Keller to throw to. When they played the Colts, the team seemed to believe they were going to win. You could sense the energy.

When Hill dropped that pass in NE, it was such a downer that the defense lacked that XFactor.

I see the Giants with the same problem. Some games they come up flat and go through the motions and other times they beat the top teams.

Winning and making plays generates energy on both sides of ball. Hills drop meant losing to NE. Tom Brady is the 2 minute comback QB and everyone was wondering if it was going to happen again. And it did and the Jets were never the same.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total crock.

The jets had the worst starting Qb in the league, a suspect running game, a lousy oc and aging parts of their D. They lost to schlep teams down to the wire. this team was a legit 6-10 disaster.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Broken record with the 95 yard argument. Chris Johnson is one of the most talented RB's in the NFL he'd still be putting up elite stats if he had a competent QB playing with him who could spread the field instead of letting everyone stack 8 in the box.
    In a must-win game against the worst offense in the NFL, with 3 backups on their OL and a 4th string center, the New York Jets Defense allowed a player to run 95 yards for a TD on a single play:

____True

____False

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Would that mean that Sanchez is good, or that the defense would be literally carrying the team and winning in spite of him. I agree, the defense didn't do their part. Did Mark?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Today when the defense forces a turnover inside the Bills Red Zone down 14-9, and the offense gets no points out of it, doesn't count right?
    Is it to much to ask that they intercept every pass and return it for a TD? I mean, c'mon! How is Murk supposed to succeed if his D isn't pitching a shutout and setting the record for pick 6's?