Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Hill makes that catch vs the Pats...Jets make the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    7-9 makes the playoffs? Da fuq?
    Actually, the Jets would've won that game(probably) and if things developed like they did, they'd be 8-8 now.

But seriously.....that was a BLESSING in disguise 'cause quite honestly, the Jets would've been ANNIHILATED in the first round had they BACKED-IN to the playoffs this year.

We HAVE NO QB.

end of story.

At least we have a high draft pick to do SOMETHING.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Would that mean that Sanchez is good, or that the defense would be literally carrying the team and winning in spite of him. I agree, the defense didn't do their part. Did Mark?
    No, Mark sucked.

But the Jets defense sucked more.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Yeah and if Ray Ray were a Pats fan, his optimistic posts would still be ridiculous!!!!
    Hey bro, I know you want me, I get it. Let's move on, I don't swing on that side of the fence, put the obession to rest already.

What does it say to the talent level of the NFL, when the Jets are borderline playoff material? This team is absolutely atrocious, and any talk Goodell has of expanding the playoffs should end with exhibit A: The Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Actually, the Jets would've won that game(probably) and if things developed like they did, they'd be 8-8 now.

But seriously.....that was a BLESSING in disguise 'cause quite honestly, the Jets would've been ANNIHILATED in the first round had they BACKED-IN to the playoffs this year.

We HAVE NO QB.

end of story.

At least we have a high draft pick to do SOMETHING.....
    There is no way to tell what happens if we beat NE; however, we can speculate and say a demoralized Sanchez never happen and he doesn't break.
    Who knows.

I know when the Jets lost that game I was pissed. I'm sure it demoralized the team as well. I gotta give Rex credit for keeping the team believing until Tenn
    debacle.

In any case it all doesn't matter now. Our season sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet View Post
    What does it say to the talent level of the NFL, when the Jets are borderline playoff material? This team is absolutely atrocious, and any talk Goodell has of expanding the playoffs should end with exhibit A: The Jets
    Goodell is inept.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No, Mark sucked.

SAR I
    Mark gave the Jets, at best, the 5th worst QB play in the league.

The Jets defense was not one the 5 worst in the league.

But the Jets defense sucked more?

No, Mark sucked.

SAR I
    The Jets defense is THE only thing that kept this season alive for as long is it was. This was worse than 96. This season sucked. sucked ass. sanchez sucked ass...and don't tell me it was the coaching...even when they cuff him, he manages to throw pick sixes at will. He has NO business being a starting NFL QB.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    There is no way to tell what happens if we beat NE; however, we can speculate and say a demoralized Sanchez never happen and he doesn't break.
    Who knows.

I know when the Jets lost that game I was pissed. I'm sure it demoralized the team as well. I gotta give Rex credit for keeping the team believing until Tenn
    debacle.

In any case it all doesn't matter now. Our season sucked.
    So wait, the Jets struggled for the following NINE games because they were so demoralized by a single overtime loss?

This thread is freakin' hilarious. The lengths people will go to rationalize a bad season. If I didn't know any better I'd think people were talking about a tee-ball team of 6 year-olds, not a professional team of grown men playing a sport at the world's highest level.

All Pro
    It's well-known how terrible our offense has been this season.

But the (shh) dirty little secret is how terrible our defense has been this season. Especially against elite competition, especially late in games. This defense hasn't been able to get a big 4th quarter stop in ages. This defense hasn't been able to win us a single game through their dominance.

We over-invest on the D and our expectations are higher there. Yet the press and the social media and the feeble-minded discussion forum population just want to scream at the quarterback when they should actually be screaming at the linebacker.

SAR I
    The D has come up small late in games soooo many times in the past 4 years. Tebow last year, Atlanta in 09, didn't show up for the 1st half against Pittsburgh in the AFC title game, just a couple of the many examples.

Sanchez sucks, we know this. But when he gives the D a lead late in a game, they should be able to hold it. And they have blown it way too many times, really amazing when you think about it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    The D has come up small late in games soooo many times in the past 4 years. Tebow last year, Atlanta in 09, didn't show up for the 1st half against Pittsburgh in the AFC title game, just a couple of the many examples.

Sanchez sucks, we know this. But when he gives the D a lead late in a game, they should be able to hold it. And they have blown it way too many times, really amazing when you think about it.
    Thank you.

I wish you worked for WFAN, SNY, the Daily News, or the New York Post. Someone has to preach it. This dirty little secret has to stop.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

Usually half of those points are from the D...Sanchez contributed 6 to get a whopping 13 on the board, and the D is expected to hold it after bailing his ass out for 3.75 quarters?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The Jets defense is THE only thing that kept this season alive for as long is it was. This was worse than 96. This season sucked. sucked ass. sanchez sucked ass...and don't tell me it was the coaching...even when they cuff him, he manages to throw pick sixes at will. He has NO business being a starting NFL QB.
    No.

The fortunate schedule is the only thing that kept this season alive. The last 6 games were against the jokes of the NFL and all we did was pad our defensive stats against the scrubs.

The season was lost in a 2 week span in which the D blew it against the Patriots and then pulled the no-show against the Dolphins backup.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Mark gave the Jets, at best, the 5th worst QB play in the league.

The Jets defense was not one the 5 worst in the league.

But the Jets defense sucked more?
    The Jets defense was built to be a dominant force in the NFL. It wasn't.

The Jets offense was built to be a laughingstock in the NFL. It was.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    So wait, the Jets struggled for the following NINE games because they were so demoralized by a single overtime loss?

This thread is freakin' hilarious. The lengths people will go to rationalize a bad season. If I didn't know any better I'd think people were talking about a tee-ball team of 6 year-olds, not a professional team of grown men playing a sport at the world's highest level.
    That's right they had NE beat on their turf. That was huge and then it was taken away.

All Pro
    Usually half of those points are from the D...Sanchez contributed 6 to get a whopping 13 on the board, and the D is expected to hold it after bailing his ass out for 3.75 quarters?
    That isn't the point.

It doesn't matter what happened for 58 minutes if the team has a lead with 2 minutes to play, that's exactly what this team is built for, to make stops.

If the offense is terrible and have sucked all day long, but somehow they have a lead in the closing minutes, it's on the D to shut it down and get the W. Everything else up to that point is a wash.

The D has blown 10-7 leads and 26-23 leads. The score at the time of the blown lead is irrelevant, as are any game circumstances up to that point.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 12-30-2012 at 11:17 PM.

No, Mark sucked.

SAR I
    That's one of those things that, if it makes you sleep better, it's OK to believe it. But it's not quantifiable at all. Offense affects defense and vice versa, and there's no way to judge one entirely independent of the other. I still think Sanchez could a good QB for us, but the window is closing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    That's one of those things that, if it makes you sleep better, it's OK to believe it. But it's not quantifiable at all. Offense affects defense and vice versa, and there's no way to judge one entirely independent of the other. I still think Sanchez could a good QB for us, but the window is closing.
    I agree with your post with the exception about window is closing. He's finished at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    That's right they had NE beat on their turf. That was huge and then it was taken away.
    No, Green Bay had a game truly "taken away." How did they manage to overcome all of that demoralization and win 11 games?

Are the Jets just a really emo team?

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Looking back, That OT loss crushed them...Sanchez outplayed Brady, and that game was in the bag if Hill doesn't let that ball go through his hands. That said the Houston Monday night game was very winnable as well. Just sucks...
    If worms had .45's, birds wouldn't f\/ck with them.