Thread: Which FA's should we keep? Which can we keep?

Which FA's should we keep? Which can we keep?

Unrestricted

Yeremiah Bell - Kind of old so he may retire. If not I wouldn't mind him back at the right price

Mike DeVito - Heard he has one foot out the door. Decent player, but replaceable.

Braylon Edwards - Given the WR situation, I want him back. He won't cost much and he's solid.

Nick Folk - Had a pretty decent season. He should be allowed back at the right price.

Shonn Greene - Some seem down on him, but he has run for 1,000 yards the last 2 years. Really depends on the price I suppose. RB's aren't hard to find.

Lex Hilliard - He made no impression on me. I really don't care either way.

Dustin Keller - I get the feeling he's gone. Some team is going to be idiotic and overpay him. I hope it isn't the Jets, because he's basically a slightly above average TE. I hope they don't franchise him.

Laron Landry - Had a very good year, but I think he'll get a lot more money from someone else and head out.

Brandon Moore - Seems like it might be time for him to go. The offense is about to get a major overhaul.

Chaz Schilens - Meh. See Hilliard.

Matt Slauson - See Moore.

Bryan Thomas - Same as some other players, his time seems to be up with the Jets. They should be trying to get younger at the LB position.

Restricted

Jeff Cumberland - I like Cumberland. As a restricted FA, he's back.

Austin Howard - He's young and been getting better slowly, but I get the feeling a RT is going to be an early pick for the Jets.

Joshua Mauga - Eh. Whatever.

Tanner Purdum - Eh. Whatever.

Let's see....

RE-SIGN BRAYLON EDWARDS.

Umm...

uhh.....

err...........

That's all I can think of at this time.

Gotta keep Landry..

Let Keller walk

Unrestricted

Yeremiah Bell-BYE

Mike DeVito - BYE

Braylon Edwards - resign 1 yr deal

Nick Folk - resign I guess

Shonn Greene - BYE, replace with an effective 3rd down back and make Powell the 1st and 2nd down back.

Lex Hilliard - BYE, replace with Peyton Hillis

Dustin Keller - resign, 1 yr $2mil deal

Laron Landry - resign, pay the $$ or otherwise we're back to the old days of Smith and Leonhard

Brandon Moore - BYE, get younger, bigger and stronger

Chaz Schilens - BYE

Matt Slauson - BYE

Bryan Thomas - BYE

Restricted

Jeff Cumberland - 3rd stringer

Austin Howard - resign 1 yr deal

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Unrestricted

Yeremiah Bell - Kind of old so he may retire. If not I wouldn't mind him back at the right price

Mike DeVito - Heard he has one foot out the door. Decent player, but replaceable.

Braylon Edwards - Given the WR situation, I want him back. He won't cost much and he's solid.

Nick Folk - Had a pretty decent season. He should be allowed back at the right price.

Shonn Greene - Some seem down on him, but he has run for 1,000 yards the last 2 years. Really depends on the price I suppose. RB's aren't hard to find.

Dustin Keller - I get the feeling he's gone. Some team is going to be idiotic and overpay him. I hope it isn't the Jets, because he's basically a slightly above average TE. I hope they don't franchise him.

Laron Landry - Had a very good year, but I think he'll get a lot more money from someone else and head out.

Brandon Moore - Seems like it might be time for him to go. The offense is about to get a major overhaul.

Bryan Thomas - Same as some other players, his time seems to be up with the Jets. They should be trying to get younger at the LB position.

Restricted

Austin Howard - He's young and been getting better slowly, but I get the feeling a RT is going to be an early pick for the Jets.

I think whoever is willing to take a pay cut stays. I like Braylon. Landry wants too much. Howard is cheap. Cumberland is cheap.Folk is a keeper. Bell keeper. But no large contracts.....amen

Unrestricted

Yeremiah Bell - Pass old

Mike DeVito - Pass overpaid and over rated

Braylon Edwards - pass he still sucks 1 good game isn't changing that

Nick Folk - pass

Shonn Greene - pass Powell is the same back no reason to have 2 of them

Lex Hilliard - Keep but bring in someone to compete

Dustin Keller - Offer a 4 year 16 mil deal 3 5 5 3. If he says just platoon at TE with late and UDFA to find someone. No need to spend big bucks or high round picks on TEs IMO.

Laron Landry - Offer the same deal you offered Keller. You have Bush and Allen no need to overpay for Landry. Yeah maybe an insult I dont he is worth more then that.

Brandon Moore - Yes bring back. He is older worth a 3 year 10 mil deal. That should do it as he will not have a great demand in FA.

Chaz Schilens - pass

Matt Slauson - Please pass

Bryan Thomas - I'd offer vet min. Either way you need to fill 2 OLB starter roles. I think he'd be an OK BU.

Restricted

Jeff Cumberland - please pass

Austin Howard - eh I guess tenure and offer a 2 year 3 mil deal. I'd rather test the FA market for a new RT this is a descent year for it really.

Joshua Mauga - pass

Tanner Purdum - pass unless he can play G/C. Dont know if he has or just been long snapper in practice. Would think he plays C but knowing this coaching staff maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post

Braylon Edwards - pass he still sucks 1 good game isn't changing that

I wonder what the New GM will do.

Will he have your thinking or will he have the thinking of those who don't think he sucks?

Should be interesting to see what happens.....

I really think Braylon ends up with a 1-year deal with incentives.....but then again, he might not. It's going to be a very interesting offseason to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I wonder what the New GM will do.

Will he have your thinking or will he have the thinking of those who don't think he sucks?

Should be interesting to see what happens.....

I really think Braylon ends up with a 1-year deal with incentives.....but then again, he might not. It's going to be a very interesting offseason to say the least.
    It wouldn't shock me but I don't see the up side. You have 2 young WR that looked good this year. I know people where unhappy with Hills drops but he was open a LOT this year and is a very physical WR. I am not ready to uit on him after 1 year and sitting him does 0 good. Has the ability to be one of the best. Unless we trade Holmes the 3 starters are locked and I'd rather have anther young guy and someone that can return kicks in Kerleys place. If we go with 6 WR ok why not but if vet min does go up I don't see where it is a cheap option just for depth.

1 year isn't going to hurt long-term.

It's the Multiple-year deals that kill this team.

Hopefully the New GM doesn't turn out as stupid as Tanny.

All Pro
    Unrestricted

Yeremiah Bell - bye........age

Mike DeVito - bye now we have coples and wilkerson

Braylon Edwards - 1 yr deal

Nick Folk - bye

Shonn Greene - bye powell is better

Lex Hilliard - Keep but bring in someone to compete

Dustin Keller - bye........not good at all and can't stay on the field

Laron Landry - multi-year deal

Brandon Moore -bring back depending on price

Chaz Schilens - bye

Matt Slauson - bye

Bryan Thomas - bye

Restricted

Jeff Cumberland - bye

Austin Howard - bye

Joshua Mauga - min deal

Tanner Purdum -bye

Unrestricted

Yeremiah Bell - NO, he needs to retire

Mike DeVito - Neutral

Braylon Edwards - I'm a hater. He's trouble, I never liked him, and his BFF Marky is incurable.

Nick Folk - I'd like to see what that guy from Norway can do. Always a last resort though.

Shonn Greene - Don't overpay him.

Lex Hilliard - Pass

Dustin Keller - NO, he is overrated and not worth the $$ he thinks he is.

Laron Landry - We have so many needs but he did play his all this year so neutral.

Brandon Moore - He won't be back.

Chaz Schilens - Neutral

Matt Slauson - Pass

Bryan Thomas - He should retire.

Restricted

Jeff Cumberland - KEEP- he has potential.

Austin Howard - Not the worst option for depth.

Joshua Mauga - ???

Tanner Purdum - ???

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Unrestricted

Restricted

your really are indifferent on Schillens what did he do for us other than drop balls?

you can frame this better by saying you have 15 mill to spend now who do you want to keep and at what salary.

What the hell is keep but dont overpay mean? something different to everyone here.

Yeremiah Bell - 1 year at 1.25
    Mike DeVito - Will be paid more somewhere else
    Braylon Edwards - 1 year 2 mill, anything else he will find another team.
    Nick Folk - 1 year 1.50 mill.
    Shonn Greene - walks
    Lex Hilliard - don't know if new OC uses a Full back. if yes vet min 600,000
    Dustin Keller - Say hello to Atlanta
    Laron Landry - 4 years 20 mill with a two stage bonus. 6 now and 6 in 2015.
    1 mil salary 1st year and 4 mill in 2014. 1st year cap hit 2.5 mill but his puts
    11 mill in his pocket over the next two years. if he is injured he does not get the 2nd 6 mill SB.
    Brandon Moore - 1 year 2 mill him or slauson.
    Chaz Schilens - vet min 600,000
    Matt Slauson - have to keep him or moore?
    Bryan Thomas - walks

Restricted

Jeff Cumberland - walks, not worth the 1.8 to tag as a RFA.
    Austin Howard - 1 year tag at 1.8 mill
    Joshua Mauga - walks

That is 13.2 mil the 1.75 mill left goes to Garrard at QB.
    Last edited by patman; 12-31-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Veteran
    The only player out of that list is Landry. He stayed healthy and could be even more scary with Revis back there!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Yeremiah Bell - 1 year deal, vet min

Mike DeVito - Most likely gone, maybe a vet minimum

Braylon Edwards - Resigned

Nick Folk - gone

Shonn Greene - Resigned, unless he wants decent money then he is gone

Lex Hilliard - resigned

Dustin Keller - gone

Laron Landry - Resigned

Brandon Moore - resigned

Chaz Schilens - gone

Matt Slauson - resigned, need to keep depth

Bryan Thomas - gone

Restricted

Jeff Cumberland - resigned

Austin Howard - resigned, depth

Joshua Mauga - gone

Tanner Purdum - gone

cuts will include pace, j smith, e smith, teblow

I think scott will restructure his contract to stay one more year

Why do so many people want Cumby back? In all the years I have watched football I have honestly never seen a worse TE. He is a former WR that can't catch, run patterns, block, and often seems to be running the wrong play. I'd rather resign BE and turn him into a TE.