Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez future with the Jets...(yes!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    He gives us the best chance to win
    Rex?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island Green View Post
    And I don't mean to make fun of you, but you failed miserably in your "correction": the correct term is "ad nauseam" ... and watch your contractions. You're welcome. Happy New Year!
    Rhody!

In latin, its spelled U-M at the end, not A-M. I promise...

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Imo the whole slow as molasses squad on defense needs to be shown to the exit

Scott Pace Thomas Pouha for sure

Possibly Bell Harris and Devito too

We need at least some defensive players who can catch a Vereen a Ridley or a Spiller from behind or stay somewhere in the vicinity of a receiver or TE in coverage
    I think you are right about B.Thomas...add him to the Goodbye list.

The Jets will release Sanchez as a June 1 cut designee. No way does any new GM hook any portion of his star to Sanchez. He WILL BE CUT.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Woody is going to pay the same amount on players next year if Sanchez is on the team or not.
    Factually incorrect statement...and the very core of my post.

If Sanchez stays on, it will be as our #2 QB. Therefore we will not be paying someone like a Mark Brunell (or Tebow) a #2 QB salary, that we otherwise would be paying once Sanchez is gone.

This, in fact, will save the Jets about $2 million in salary per year, vs dumping Sanchez right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Factually incorrect statement...and the very core of my post.

If Sanchez stays on, it will be as our #2 QB. Therefore we will not be paying someone like a Mark Brunell (or Tebow) a #2 QB salary, that we otherwise would be paying once Sanchez is gone.

This, in fact, will save the Jets about $2 million in salary per year, vs dumping Sanchez right away.
    disagree. Woody will spend up to or very close to the cap every year. How it is distributed will change, but the overall salary costs will be about the same.

All Pro
    I know you guys are gonna get upset with this post, but its time for a little reality dose, to start off your New Year.

Most of you focus on "on-field" issues. Obviously Sanchez totally sucked this season & has lost all ability to play and throw. We all watch the games.

Now here is the BIGGER issue. With an $8 million GUARANTEED contract for next season, he aint goin no-where.And because of the cap hit, it certainly aint happening before June.

Just get used to those 3 sentences (above). Re-read them one more time to make sure they sink in.

Woody understands MONEY. He aint gonna take this hit.
    Sanchez is merely gonna become our #2 QB for next season. Get used to it.
    We will draft or sign a FA as our #1 QB. But Sanchez aint leaving.

Sparano is leaving
    Pettine is leaving.
    Cavanaugh is leaving.
    Westhoff is leaving.
    Landry is leaving.
    B.Scott is leaving
    E.Smith is leaving
    Devito is leaving

SANCHEZ is staying one more year....Sorry.

and i hope they boo him everytime he steps on the field and tears into him like that video that was posted earlier on the Thanksgiving game. You have to be a complete moron to believe he can be a QB much less a QB in ny.......He couldn't hold namath or o'briens jockstrap.

All League
    Sparano is leaving
    Pettine is leaving.
    Cavanaugh is leaving.
    Westhoff is leaving.
    Landry is leaving.
    B.Scott is leaving
    E.Smith is leaving
    Devito is leaving

If all of the above happens...the only one I'd be sorry about is Landry...but I think Devito is a good player. Maybe not equally as good run vs pass....but he could stay...

I also would not mind Scott as a cheap backup...if he can live with it I can live with it. But NOT starter over younger/faster players with decent upside.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    While I agree Sanchez is staying. It's not because Woody won't take the hit.

I want to be clear with everyone becaus this is happening way too often here.

Keeping Sanchez or cutting Sanchez is a football decision. Woody is going to pay the same amount on players next year if Sanchez is on the team or not. As we all know there is a very strict salary cap in place.
    But - if they don't keep Sanchez on the roster, wouldn't they have to pay an additional salary at the QB position? I think this would definitely enter the equation on whether or not to retain his services for 2013.

Hall Of Fame
    I know you guys are gonna get upset with this post, but its time for a little reality dose, to start off your New Year.

Most of you focus on "on-field" issues. Obviously Sanchez totally sucked this season & has lost all ability to play and throw. We all watch the games.

Now here is the BIGGER issue. With an $8 million GUARANTEED contract for next season, he aint goin no-where.And because of the cap hit, it certainly aint happening before June.

Just get used to those 3 sentences (above). Re-read them one more time to make sure they sink in.

Woody understands MONEY. He aint gonna take this hit.
    Sanchez is merely gonna become our #2 QB for next season. Get used to it.
    We will draft or sign a FA as our #1 QB. But Sanchez aint leaving.

Sparano is leaving
    Pettine is leaving.
    Cavanaugh is leaving.
    Westhoff is leaving.
    Landry is leaving.
    B.Scott is leaving
    E.Smith is leaving
    Devito is leaving

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    and i hope they boo him everytime he steps on the field and tears into him like that video that was posted earlier on the Thanksgiving game. You have to be a complete moron to believe he can be a QB much less a QB in ny.......He couldn't hold namath or o'briens jockstrap.
    Suckchez could not hold his own jockstrap without fumbling it!

if the jets are stuck with sanchez, as long as they bring in a qb to compete then it's okay. rex already made a big step in benching him for a game. sometimes that's all it takes for coach to make big decision.

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    disagree. Woody will spend up to or very close to the cap every year. How it is distributed will change, but the overall salary costs will be about the same.
    Your definition of "the same" and mine differ by one point.
    We both agree that Woody will spend very close to The Cap.
    But in my scenario (keeping Sanchez), there is $2 Million more left over for the other 52 players because we wont need to bring in an additional back-up QB (like a Brunell-type) onto the roster....keeping Sanchez as back-up QB lets us save that money (approx $2 Million salary).
    Last edited by Baddniss; 12-31-2012 at 01:39 PM.

All League
    Your definition of "the same" and mine differ by one point.
    We both agree that Woody will spend very close to The Cap.
    But in my scenario (keeping Sanchez), there is $2 Million more left over for the other 52 players because we wont need to bring in an additional back-up QB (like a Brunell-type) onto the roster....keeping Sanchez as back-up QB lets us save that money (approx $2 Million salary).
    That's what I was alluding to in my post. Now, if Sanchez' presence turns out to be too much of a distraction to the team - they may have to bite the bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    if the jets are stuck with sanchez, as long as they bring in a qb to compete, then it's okay. rex already made a big step in benching him for a game. sometimes that's all it takes for coach to make big decision.
    I am hoping there is NO COMPETITION. Rex simply tells Sanchez, "You are my #2 QB now, and we are going out into Free Agency to get a #1."
    Or do it in the draft (see Wilson or Luck this past year).
    No competition. No controversy. Hand the starting QB job to new guy, as if Sanchez were not here.

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    That's what I was alluding to in my post. Now, if Sanchez' presence turns out to be too much of a distraction to the team - they may have to bite the bullet.
    After watching him for 4 years, I dont get the feeling that Sanchez has one of those DISTRACTING personalities...

Jets Insider VIP

scout team behind starter Matt Moore and backup Greg McElroy, inactive 16 games

gone goodbye

All League
    After watching him for 4 years, I dont get the feeling that Sanchez has one of those DISTRACTING personalities...
    Yeah he does. Tell me you've never gotten distracted during a Sanchez interview!

Jets Insider VIP

your scpellin sucks

You are probably right but I wouldn't rule a trade out completely. There are deal sweeteners that Sanchez might sign off on; for example, Sanchez might want to approve a change of scenery and the jets may pay part of his salary. He could signoff on the trade and the Jets wouldn't be liable for another 8.3 mill.

If he sits for a year his career is most likely over.

Watching Nfl network ... Looks like mark is coming back next year ... As a starter??????? God help us.