Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sanchez future with the Jets...(yes!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Watching Nfl network ... Looks like mark is coming back next year ... As a starter??????? God help us.
    At least that is what he thinks.

As long as his hands form into some bizarre lobster like crippled claws from holding a clip board all season long I don't care if he comes back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    But - if they don't keep Sanchez on the roster, wouldn't they have to pay an additional salary at the QB position? I think this would definitely enter the equation on whether or not to retain his services for 2013.
    Exactly!
    Thats why I think Woody keeps Sanchez around for 1 more year...saving that additional salary of $2 million for a back-up QB.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    You are probably right but I wouldn't rule a trade out completely. There are deal sweeteners that Sanchez might sign off on; for example, Sanchez might want to approve a change of scenery and the jets may pay part of his salary. He could signoff on the trade and the Jets wouldn't be liable for another 8.3 mill.

If he sits for a year his career is most likely over.
    Now you bring up the really interesting scenario...
    A major negotiation whereby Mark "buys" his freedom to play next year.
    But there is one catch in this...Does Mark know that he now SUCKS?

If he is honest with himself, he takes the $8.3 Million and happily grabs a clipboard for 1 year.

If he actually thinks he is still currently "NFL-starter" quality, then his agent helps to engineer a trade to (lets say) Arizona, and then restructures some of that guaranteed $8.3 million.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Now you bring up the really interesting scenario...
    A major negotiation whereby Mark "buys" his freedom to play next year.
    But there is one catch in this...Does Mark know that he now SUCKS?

If he is honest with himself, he takes the $8.3 Million and happily grabs a clipboard for 1 year.

If he actually thinks he is still currently "NFL-starter" quality, then his agent helps to engineer a trade to (lets say) Arizona, and then restructures some of that guaranteed $8.3 million.
    I don't think Mark has ever shown that kind of drive to prove himself. I'd be shocked if he asked out.

i agree if they can land a qb with the ability of wilson or luck or manning. if they get someone like smith then they need to have a competition.

I am hoping there is NO COMPETITION. Rex simply tells Sanchez, "You are my #2 QB now, and we are going out into Free Agency to get a #1."
    Or do it in the draft (see Wilson or Luck this past year).
    No competition. No controversy. Hand the starting QB job to new guy, as if Sanchez were not here.

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I don't think Mark has ever shown that kind of drive to prove himself. I'd be shocked if he asked out.
    I agree with that.
    I think he will take that big money, grab the #2 clipboard, and not be any kind of major distraction for 1 year.

$8.25 Million is a lot of cash to anybody (except our friend SAR)...

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    i agree if they can land a qb with the ability of wilson or luck or manning. if they get someone like smith then they need to have a competition.
    In reality, there would be little competition between Smith and Sanchez if you made your decision based on on-field capability.No contest...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    At least that is what he thinks.
    I havent watched any Sanchez interviews since the end of the season. Do you get the impression that HE BELIEVES that he should still be a starter/ #1 QB next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Ol' One Eye View Post
    Totally agree with the OP but I've been reading Bart may return at a reduced price. He's an invaluable leader so if it's really only for depth I'm all for it.
    ugh... Bart is a major source of leaks to the press. He follows the Rex "motor-mouth" philosophy. He is a detriment on and off the field. Bye bye Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    ugh... Bart is a major source of leaks to the press. He follows the Rex "motor-mouth" philosophy. He is a detriment on and off the field. Bye bye Bart
    we do have some younger LB's who should now be ready to step up...

I havent watched any Sanchez interviews since the end of the season. Do you get the impression that HE BELIEVES that he should still be a starter/ #1 QB next season?
    He's hoping for yet another chance.

All Pro
    I know you guys are gonna get upset with this post, but its time for a little reality dose, to start off your New Year.

Most of you focus on "on-field" issues. Obviously Sanchez totally sucked this season & has lost all ability to play and throw. We all watch the games.

Now here is the BIGGER issue. With an $8 million GUARANTEED contract for next season, he aint goin no-where.And because of the cap hit, it certainly aint happening before June.

Just get used to those 3 sentences (above). Re-read them one more time to make sure they sink in.

Woody understands MONEY. He aint gonna take this hit.
    Sanchez is merely gonna become our #2 QB for next season. Get used to it.
    We will draft or sign a FA as our #1 QB. But Sanchez aint leaving.

Sparano is leaving
    Pettine is leaving.
    Cavanaugh is leaving.
    Westhoff is leaving.
    Landry is leaving.
    B.Scott is leaving
    E.Smith is leaving
    Devito is leaving

SANCHEZ is staying one more year....Sorry.
    This thread is making me depressed!

Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Yup .. It's sad but true.

I know you guys are gonna get upset with this post, but its time for a little reality dose, to start off your New Year.

Most of you focus on "on-field" issues. Obviously Sanchez totally sucked this season & has lost all ability to play and throw. We all watch the games.

Now here is the BIGGER issue. With an $8 million GUARANTEED contract for next season, he aint goin no-where.And because of the cap hit, it certainly aint happening before June.

Just get used to those 3 sentences (above). Re-read them one more time to make sure they sink in.

Woody understands MONEY. He aint gonna take this hit.
    Sanchez is merely gonna become our #2 QB for next season. Get used to it.
    We will draft or sign a FA as our #1 QB. But Sanchez aint leaving.

Sparano is leaving
    Pettine is leaving.
    Cavanaugh is leaving.
    Westhoff is leaving.
    Landry is leaving.
    B.Scott is leaving
    E.Smith is leaving
    Devito is leaving

SANCHEZ is staying one more year....Sorry.
    Why does Landry have to leave in any scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Why does Landry have to leave in any scenario?
    Because is going to want huge $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    If we are honest with ourselves, our franchise is currently in a depressed state.
    No QB in a QB-driven league.
    No OC in a league where offenses need to put up 400 yards per game to win.

We are in a scary position right now.All of us feel that way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    if the jets are stuck with sanchez, as long as they bring in a qb to compete then it's okay. rex already made a big step in benching him for a game. sometimes that's all it takes for coach to make big decision.
    One way to reinforce positive play is to use the hook when a INT or pick 6 happens that is on the QB. Sometimes a DB makes an outstanding play so no hook in those cases.

When Sanchez gets clutzie then the hook. Even if the hook is for a series. I mean ideally get johnny unitas and jerry rice .