Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Black Monday Thread (news, tweets, etc.)

Does anyone know how firings go? If Sparano is fired today who's decision is that considering No one knows who's really safe?

Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Does anyone know how firings go? If Sparano is fired today who's decision is that considering No one knows who's really safe?
    I would assume Woody would do it if Tanny's job is indeed done.

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
    @FOXSports.com link to #Browns HC Pat Shurmur firing story first reported by @JayGlazer: http://on-msn.com/TYWiGW

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
    In addition to Shurmur the Browns have also fired GM Tom Heckert

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Sparano never believed in Tebow. Rex finally put his foot down before MNF game vs Titans & mandated Tebow play 3rd series. Too late by then
    Tanny, Rex, Sanchez, Tebow, Sparano and Pettine all need to go.

Rex is not a HC. He has proven that over the past two years. It started with allowing the NE win to become their SB.

@ProFootballWkly: The #Jets announce that GM Mike Tannenbaum will not return in 2013.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Jets announce Mike Tannenbaum is out.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jets announce Mike Tannenbaum is out.
    One down.

Almost there.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Jets announced they fired GM Mike Tannenbaun and are keeping HC Rex Ryan.

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Johnson on Rex, in statement: "I believe that he has the passion, the talent, and the drive to successfully lead our team." #nyj

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Jets announce that GM Mike Tannenbaum has been fired, and head coach Rex Ryan will remain in place.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli has yet to learn whether he'll return http://wp.me/p14QSB-6QQA

yes! great news. Now get rid of Sparano and well the whole offensive staff

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Rex Ryan will remain coach, Woody Johnson announces. Tannenbaum is out. #Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    There simply is no point in firing the GM if you've hitched yourself to the coach. Why open a role you aren't putting yourself in position to fill it with someone better?

Mike Vorkunov @Mike_Vorkunov
    Mike Tannenbaum is out, Rex Ryan stays. The #Jets have hired the firm that found Seattle's GM to find their own. #NYJ players talk at 10

All League
    Charter JI Member

I knew something had officially gone down when I couldn't get on the board. It's already turning out to be a happy New Year!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    #Jets owner Woody Johnson on Tannenbaum (who won't remain with team): "New GM will be critical to getting this team back on the right track"

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    There simply is no point in firing the GM if you've hitched yourself to the coach. Why open a role you aren't putting yourself in position to fill it with someone better?
    If the GM doesn't like Rex after 2013 I'm sure the situation can be rectified...

Our post on Pat Shurmur's firing. Tough situation, but he never made a strong case to stay http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl