Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Black Monday Thread (news, tweets, etc.)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    He'll welch. I'd bet the house on it.
    There is nothing to welch on

And once again, your pathetic shallow little life has you back trolling on a Jets board on Black Monday.

Get a life you ****ing loser.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

And once again, your pathetic shallow little life has you back trolling on a Jets board on Black Monday.

Sounds like he rustled your jimmies.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    Cancellation of Rex's presser called "organizational decision." No further info. Woody Johnson statement this a.m. said Ryan remains as hc.

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Black Monday casualties so far: Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel, Browns coach and GM Pat Shurmer and Tom Heckert. Jets GM Tannenbaum.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Sounds like he rustled your jimmies.
    Not at all

The loser needs to pound sand

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Who ever thought Rex would be scared of the media?

Is it just me, or is Coz turning into a troll?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    He'll welch. I'd bet the house on it.
    Really tired of reading this crap repeatedly...

He never promised or guaranteed these 12 wins...

You have absolutely no stake in anything that happens here, you're a guest and an extremely sh!tty one at that...

It's the same five or six douchebags constantly parroting this sh!t throughout the board, seemingly daily...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    Interesting, confusion spreading as #Jets announce Rex presser postponed. There will be no additional media availability after locker room

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    It was an organizational decision to not have Rex talk today, guessing to avoid him answering questions normally meant for a GM #guessing

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's so true, and I'm even a Sanchez supporter

Just look at John Fox in Denver, he goes from a year that he has Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow at QB and an average team that slides into making the playoffs for the first round, to the best team in the AFC all because of the upgrade at QB. Did John Fox get that much better as a coach? Did he not go through several average to above average years and then disappointment in Carolina due to up an down QB play?

Is Belichick a mastermind, or is a lot of his success due to Tom Brady?

The list goes on.
    I'll jump on board this as well - objectively, this team did better and played harder than I would have expected given what went down in the first few weeks. Whatever Rex's weak spots and blind spots, the team has hung in there fairly well - and the Rex's biggest weak/blind spots can likely be solved by a good OC and a competent GM.

I can definitely agree with that plan and it seems to be the way things are going to break. There is no team that has done well with a constantly changing roster of coaches.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    #Bears assistants are freaking out inside the building. Coach Lovie Smith's status is "not looking good." Decision time for #Bears.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    #Bears assistants are freaking out inside the building. Coach Lovie Smith's status is "not looking good." Decision time for #Bears.
    A year later this could be where the Jets are. One more year of Rex and if they suck he's gone and the new GM can take command.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    That is who I feel sorry for. The assistant coaches generally are not paid a lot or rich. They have families and children in school. The life of an NFL assistant is not glamorous at all.

Hopefully all the assistants land on their feet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Mike Tannenbaum addressed team today in what amounted to farewell address. #Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan isn't a pimple on John Fox's a$$. Fox has won a division, been to a SB and has a clue about how to run a football team and make tough decisions.

But yes, I do think Rex would win with Peyton Manning. But to assume he can be like Fox is a slap in the face to Fox.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Also, on Cards, Keim is expected to draw, and listen to, interest in GM openings outside AZ. Could motivate Bidwell to elevate him quick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That is who I feel sorry for. The assistant coaches generally are not paid a lot or rich. They have families and children in school. The life of an NFL assistant is not glamorous at all.

Hopefully all the assistants land on their feet.
    A lot of their D assistants are fine... They'll be retained or land elsewhere.

Their O assistants deserve whatever they get. The OL, QB, RB's and anyone not named Earl Bennett or Brandon Marshall generally sucked it up this year...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still think Rex is toast. Maybe not today, but shortly after the new GM is hired.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Report (or maybe we should say "sources"): Chargers not interested in Andy Reid http://wp.me/p14QSB-6QR8

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    A lot of their D assistants are fine... They'll be retained or land elsewhere.

Their O assistants deserve whatever they get. The OL, QB, RB's and anyone not named Earl Bennett or Brandon Marshall generally sucked it up this year...
    I understand.

I was talking about assistant coaches in general. These HC and GM changes effect a lot of lives.

But they know that when they sign up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What's so Black about it? All my coaches are fully employed, putting a game plan together for the playoff after their bye in two weeks.

And given how disagreeable you are every single day with almost everyone here, I'd say it is YOU who has a miserable life.

Lastly, do you need someone to post the definition of WELCHER for you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Whoa: Bears have sent out consent forms requesting permission to interview head-coaching candidates.