Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Official Black Monday Thread (news, tweets, etc.)

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Tim Tebow won't speak to media today. He's probably in Jacksonville already. #Jets

Rich firing shots.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Typical Jets BS. Can never do things the right way, hence the reason we never have a legit front office run by real NFL minds.

No real GM is coming here with Woody already telling him that the coach is in place.

The cycle continues!!

Spin it anyway you want, anyone who knows sports, knows this is BS.

We now know what happens here. No matter who the GM is, next year this team is going to stink. 6 wins tops, most likely less. So Rex will be fired anyways after next season. So why not just start the process now and let the GM do what GM's are supposed to do and form his own staff. Rex basically has one year left and keeping him next season just sets us another year back.
    Totally agree. If you want a strong GM, then you have to let him make the first decision critical to the start of his era.... hiring his own man as HC.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This scares me.

I think Woody Is onboard.

Doubling down on Sanchez.

2015 here we come.
    It's the long-con. Tanking for the 2014 draft. Teddy Bridgewater baby

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    WE JOHNNY FOOTBALL NOW!

All League
    good to see rex staying, maybe now we can get a GM that understands the importance of depth on a roster

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala
    Nick Foles says he can't even think abt next head coach and def not thinking "fresh start" coming. "I lost my head coach today."

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    Just finished final locker room availability. Tim Tebow was not made available. No explanation given. #Jets

Also MIA on #Jets last day: Braylon Edwards, Dustin Keller, Shonn Greene, Matt Slauson, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Antonio Cromartie...

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    Totally agree. If you want a strong GM, then you have to let him make the first decision critical to the start of his era.... hiring his own man OR KEEPING THE CURRENT GUY as HC.
    Fixed.

I think what Woody is doing is prudent business. As long as he's telling the new GM it's his call whether Rex stays or goes. JMHO

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala
    Nick Foles says he can't even think abt next head coach and def not thinking "fresh start" coming. "I lost my head coach today."

Just finished final locker room availability. Tim Tebow was not made available. No explanation given. #Jets
    ????

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    RT @buffalobills Chan Gailey: the staff has been relieved of duties as well

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    OK then. RT @MaryKayCabot: #Browns Haslam: "We're going to begin very quickly to look for a new head coach first, then GM.''

Teddy Bridgewater baby
    I am absolutely down for T bridgewater!

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    ????
    Nick FOLES, not Nick FOLK. lol.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    OK then. RT @MaryKayCabot: #Browns Haslam: "We're going to begin very quickly to look for a new head coach first, then GM.''
    the new Browns GM won't get to choose his coach, either

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    #Jets coaches have a staff meeting at 1 p.m. where they will find out more about their future. Guess we'll find out soon after #BLACKMONDAY

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Chiefs new HC will help determine fate of GM Scott Pioli like Jaguars new GM will help determine fate of HC Mike Mularkey.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    ????
    Reread that.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Antonio Cromartie delivered the most candid description of Jets season yesterday: "Piss poor." #nyj

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Antonio Cromartie delivered the most candid description of Jets season yesterday: "Piss poor." #nyj
    Except for you Cro, you da man

Mk, I'm done for the day. Someone else can take over, lol.

Disagree with the posts saying no real GM would take the job with Rex staying as Coach. IMO, it gives the new GM a mulligan. If Rex succeeds, great. If not, he wasn't the new GM's guy and after the new GM fires Rex and hires a new coach in 2014, the roster will be improved and hopefully the the next QB will be in the 2014 draft.

In fact, the new GM should be willing to forego any attempts as a quick fix for the 2013 season, cutting ties with overpaid veterans, trading to stockpile draft picks, and getting young as fast as possible through inviting as man undrafted free agents to camp as possible with the promise that the Jets will have more open spots than most teams.

I'd be very very on board with this.