Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 223

Thread: Official Black Monday Thread (news, tweets, etc.)

  1. #161
    Kelli Bartik ‏@KelliBartik
    Ron Rivera says he has not talked to Panthers owner yet today, says its just a matter I time. As of right now, he's still head coach.


    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Brevity from Panthers coach Ron Rivera RT @josephperson: Rivera: "I'd like to have the job." #BLACKMONDAY


    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Also, Chiefs formalize what I pointed out earlier - GM Scott Pioli under review. could still be let go pending coaching search

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Who wants a GM job where you can't choose the head coach?
    Don't see how not firing Rex means that. If anything, it allows the new GM to either keep him, or can him. If he's fired today, that restricts the new GM's options, no?

  3. #163
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Players have not been informed about Sparano. Ferguson, on changes in general, said #jets would be "naive" to think there wouldn't be any

  4. #164
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,508
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Great. Now he's going to come over to my house and use my computer to troll.
    lol

    Lock the fridge & liquor cabinet and have your kid sit on momma's lap till he's gone.

  5. #165
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Mangold on Tannenbaum firing: "You kind of expect it, but it still stings." #nyj


    Faux John Madden ‏@FauxJohnMadden
    Bills fire Chan Gailey after his team was only able to intercept Mark Sanchez one time yesterday.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    lol

    Lock the fridge & liquor cabinet and have your kid sit on momma's lap till he's gone.
    Hey! I resemble that remark.

  7. #167
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,508
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Don't see how not firing Rex means that. If anything, it allows the new GM to either keep him, or can him. If he's fired today, that restricts the new GM's options, no?
    +1

    Make the GM hire, and let the GM decide.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets officially rule out Jetsfan95 as candidate for vacant GM position. Am told the decision was very easy. #nyj
    Back off bro. Gailey's always been a good OC, just never a good HC. Essentially the same as Norv Turner.

  9. #169
    NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Bigger question in Buffalo is whether GM Buddy Nix will stay. Unclear at this stage

  10. #170
    NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Chiefs fire Romeo Crennel; GM Scott Pioli expected to stay, per @wyche89 http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

  11. #171
    Mike Vorkunov ‏@Mike_Vorkunov
    Jeff Cumberland says his agent & #Jets have talked a little. As rest FA would like to return #nyj


    Mike Vorkunov ‏@Mike_Vorkunov
    Joe McKnight said media reports made #Jets "mad" this year but wouldn't tear them apart #nyj


    Mike Vorkunov ‏@Mike_Vorkunov
    Mark Sanchez said he had a "positive meeting" with Rex Ryan. "We'll be ready to go next year." #jets #nyj

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, you are not looking at the whole picture. We can argue about what they have accomplished on the field and I will agree to disagree. But what about off the field and in the locker room. Rex has lost his authority two years in a row. There is not way around that. Rex has been unprofessional. He dressed one healthy QB agains the Pats. He allows his coaches to betray him and offers them extensions.

    Time to send the clown car to the junkyard.
    Complete media bull****, all of it.

    The proof is with the player responses today and even yesterday after the Jets game.

    Revis, who is about as straight forward and honest as they come, admitted the media scrutiny was out of control, and overblown.

    You need to learn to read between the tea leaves, the media has brainwashed you.

  13. #173
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,183
    Rex doesn't need to have a presser. Mr Johnson already announced that Tanny is out the door ....YES!!!... and Rex is the HC..YES AGAIN!!!!

    We all know Sparano and Pettine and most importantly Tebow are done
    Ll pikp l uqp palm
    Time to wait for the new GM to handle the Jackals
    Mehta will just make up crap anyhow

  14. #174
    Joe Person ‏@josephperson
    Told Jerry Richardson didn't want to do anything rash. Wants to think it through. With New Year's, could be Wed till he sits down w/ Rivera.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Rex doesn't need to have a presser. Mr Johnson already announced that Tanny is out the door ....YES!!!... and Rex is the HC..YES AGAIN!!!!

    We all know Sparano and Pettine and most importantly Tebow are done
    Ll pikp l uqp palm
    Time to wait for the new GM to handle the Jackals
    Mehta will just make up crap anyhow
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Can confirm that Jet fan SG3 is mirin' mah reporting skills. #cornball brother #nyj

  16. #176
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    McElroy said he feels fine now. Explained that concussion symptoms weren't obvious. #jets

  17. #177
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Complete media bull****, all of it.

    The proof is with the player responses today and even yesterday after the Jets game.

    Revis, who is about as straight forward and honest as they come, admitted the media scrutiny was out of control, and overblown.

    You need to learn to read between the tea leaves, the media has brainwashed you.
    I will respectfully disagree.

  18. #178
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,128
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

    Mike Vorkunov ‏@Mike_Vorkunov
    Mark Sanchez said he had a "positive meeting" with Rex Ryan. "We'll be ready to go next year." #jets #nyj
    This scares me.

    I think Woody Is onboard.

    Doubling down on Sanchez.

    2015 here we come.

  19. #179
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Bears' firing not a shocker. Lovie's a good coach. But he missed playoffs 5 times in 6 years, and new GM/his contract created a crossroads.


    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    RT @JayGlazer: Bears already asked for permission to interview Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. Very, very hot name #BLACKMONDAY

  20. #180
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Tebow not talking today.


    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    No Tebow. That's it from Jets land today. #nyj

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us