Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: DONE- Jets fire GM Mike Tannenbaum and Rex STAYS! (MERGED)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    same guy that let brees, turner, sproles, jackson, cro, lt, tolbert go...
    same guy that has 4 play off wins?
    Brees was replaced with Rivers who is a pro bowler. There is no way they could have resigned Jackson he wanted insane money and LT was at the end of his career.

AJ Smith is the best candidate available I could care less how try to rationalize otherwise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    We didn't have a kicking game this year.
    really?

folk was fine and Malone probably deserved the team MVP award over Cro

Brees was replaced with Rivers who is a pro bowler. There is no way they could have resigned Jackson he wanted insane money and LT was at the end of his career.

AJ Smith is the best candidate available I could care less how try to rationalize otherwise.

the talent has consistently gone down
    the team is barely .500 the last 3 seasons
    barely any playoff wins in this tenure

first-round draft picks that failed to meet expectations like wide receiver Buster Davis (2007), outside linebacker Larry English (2009) and running back Ryan Mathews (2010).

facts. dont let them get in the way

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanri View Post
    Stop being rational, these boards can't handle that.
    Pittsburgh is a unicorn. For every one of these you will find multiple examples where that HC is fired after one season. Not sure how Cleveland benefitted from Mangini's one year of service under Holmgren. Maybe the Bears benefitted by having Lovie hang around another year. If so, it certainly hard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    facts. dont let them get in the way
    That the Chargers are 37-27 last 4 years? Ok.

That the Chargers are 37-27 last 4 years? Ok.
    that the chargers are 24-24 last 3 years?
    so ok what?

but keep reaching. maybe you will finally make a valid point

Woody is a moron for publicly backing Rex, without a disclaimer that whomever the Jets hire will have final determination on all football matters. He should have just added something simple to the Press Release. Just stupid.

That being said, I think he's come to grips that the roster needs to be overhauled, some cap hits are coming, and it may just take a year or two to get this roster to a place where a top notch coach would want this roster. Hopefully that is the case.

Still, a typically poorly executed Management play, even though the decision to let Tanny go was the right one.

Accorsi, Polian and others, should be added to the list.

Woody is a cheap. I expect we will hire an assistant from a team that's been near the top of the standings for the last decade who's not a household name.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    Accorsi, Polian and others, should be added to the list.
    only if the Jets want to run a nursing home for retired and frail former football personnel guys