Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woody removes one testicle from new GM before search begins

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    No doubt about it, regarding accountability on Sanchez, the sanchez extension, and tebow. There may have been a pretty large rift between rex and mike regarding offensive personnel.

The other thing that tannebaum should be debited for is the fact of drafting sanchez - a super raw QB - and pairing him w a defensive minded HC trying to build a great defense.

Look at Eli. The giants built Eli. The Jets built a defense.
    A defense that will be LB and Safety deficient next year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post

You posted this same BS in another thread.
    What, you didn't like what you were hearing in that one?
    That thread didn't talk enough about testicles.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I have no doubt that should a great GM Candidate exist, and be hired, and NOT want Rex, that GM would be given permission by Woody to fire Rex.

Just because Woody says Rex isn't going right now, doesn't mean thats all she wrote. New GM hired changes everything, and Woody can always say "well, my great new GM wanted to go in another direction".

Tanny gone/Rex staying also lays squarely the blame for the Sanchez pick (worst QB in last 4 years) and Tebow aquisition on Tannenbaum.

Best of luck to him in his next job (cause he will get another GM job IMO).
    I disagree. Yes, Tanny is being scapegoated for the Tebow and Sanchez moves. That doesn't mean he had prime responsibility for them.

I also don't believe that any prospective GM that doesn't want Rex will ever be hired.

Rookie
    "NUTS"

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;4751248]I disagree. Yes, Tanny is being scapegoated for the Tebow and Sanchez moves. That doesn't mean he had prime responsibility for them.{/quote]

Agreed. We Fans will likely never know the whole story or the true % of responsabillity on those two decisions.

I also don't believe that any prospective GM that doesn't want Rex will ever be hired.
    Agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    did woody have prostetic testicles installed cause he never had any real ones.
    LOL

because there is a serious shortage of them in Florham Park right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    It's not a matter of should Rex stay or go. It's a matter of empowering your new General Manager to make the most important decisions. Woody has already removed a testicle from whoever the new GM will be. Just like Schott was forced up Rex's ass, now Rex is being forced up the new GM's ass. This is sheer lunacy on the part of this terrible, terrible owner.
    The new GM will not be able to turn this team around in 1 year. There are too many holes, too little talent, and too little cap space. Under those circumstances, especially with a coach you (as the owner) like, it makes sense to tell the GM "keep Rex here for a year and evaluate him, and restock the roster for 2014. After this year, keeping Rex or cutting him loose will be your call".

Bottom line, the Jets' job is not an attractive head coaching job - and there are some actually attractive ones coming open this year. Philadelphia and San Diego have more talent, less cap problems, and a more stable ownership. The Jets would be better served conducting a HC search, if necessary, next year - when their cap position will be far more stable, the bad contracts and old players this team is saddled with have been excised, and the franchise is poised to trend upwards rather than down.

Any new GM should want this scenario. It gives them a chance of success with at least 2 HC's. Rex succeeds, great. Rex fails... he wasn't my guy, fire him, hire a new HC. If the new GM gets his HC from day 1, he may never get a chance to pick a second HC.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Woody doesn't want to blow up the team and start from scratch. I don't blame him. He wants anew GM to keep Rex and his Defense and build a team around that.

Look at Indy last year. They got a QB and a bunch of new players and are in the playoffs. We can get rid of the rust and start building again next year.
    Indy bit the bullet and cleaned house. New GM, new coach, considerable roster turnover.

It will be hard to do that when you have a coach in Ryan who is done as Jets HC if they don't at least reach the playoffs.

Totally different situations.