Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norv!!!!!!!!

All League
    How about Gamble at GM and he brings in Greg Roman or Mike McCoy as HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Dump. Truck. Norv is a proven loser capable of destroying extremely gifted QBs.
    I think he did a pretty good job with Aikman.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    He DEFINITELY won't have that chance here.
    LMAO

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    lol at people wanting norv

have you watched the chargers play? his offense and play calling is awful-he would not use their best weapon-mathews at all properly-rivers has been terrible under him lately-and before anybody points to the cowboys offense he ran-there were hall of famers all over that offense-my nephew who is 14 dominates at madden when using hall of famers on offense too

First of all, Mathews stinks.

The chargers had an awful offensive line. At various points this year, they started an entire set of backups. The chargers also had pretty weak offensive weapons with Gates declining and Vincent Jackson gone. The offense picked up steam upon the discovery of Danario Alexander.

The Jets have a capable offensive line. If we bring back Braylon, we get a healthy Holmes, matured Hill, Kerley, we have a semblance of a receiving cast.
    Add a QB..from somewhere, and I like Norv's chances to at least produce a league average offense.

All League
    Norv is the offensive version of Wade Phillips, great coordinator, average at best Head Coach.

I would be thrilled with Norv as OC. The Jets have some WR's that fit the mold he likes, but would need a RB overhaul. QB and OL obviously need upgrading as well, but if Norv came aboard, we at least have a piece or two at WR that fit his preference. Might as well bring Denario Alexander with him.

As far as GM, Gamble has been my top choice for a while, but the Falcons candidate would be my second choice.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Roman is going to be a hot commodity, and I would not be surprised if he ends up the HC wherever Gamble lands.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Why Mike McCoy? His style/philosophy fit Rex but I just don't think he's anything special...

I don't know a ton about Roman but he seems more of the same... I really want a coordinator who will open it up and and bring us into this century of the passing league the NFL has become...

EDIT to add... I didn't see you mention the HC part
    Last edited by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite; 12-31-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

Nobody should want that dude... He had LT/Gates in their prime and Brees/Rivers... Not to mention I personally feel it was Norv's offense and that they've gotten rid of or lost every good offensive skill player they had surrounding Rivers...

Since then his body of work includes the 1-15 Dolphins and the Jets South offense of Baltimore... Anybody that is too dumb to look at the winning percentage of your team when Rice gets 20 carries... And not give him 20 carries doesn't belong coaching football professionally...
    He has a good eye for talent he just isn't a HC. Balts O was top shelf this year they just had a ton of penalties. 4 years ago Balt had nothing on O and he helped build up one heck of a group. In the last 4 years how many young players has he developed? 1st Flacco, Oher. 2nd Osemele, Smith, Rice. 3rd Reid, Dickerson, Pierce. 4th Pitta. In SD who was drafted when he was there? Rivers, Turner, Gates, Jackson, Clary, Hardwick. If he is the one evaluating that talent side me up. Yeah I get it his draft in Miami was bad.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 12-31-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    First of all, Mathews stinks.

The chargers had an awful offensive line. At various points this year, they started an entire set of backups. The chargers also had pretty weak offensive weapons with Gates declining and Vincent Jackson gone. The offense picked up steam upon the discovery of Danario Alexander.

The Jets have a capable offensive line. If we bring back Braylon, we get a healthy Holmes, matured Hill, Kerley, we have a semblance of a receiving cast.
    Add a QB..from somewhere, and I like Norv's chances to at least produce a league average offense.
    Question about Norv.

Considering its 2013 and not 2002, where is Norv going to get experience with some spread offense plays or "pistol formation"? I ask because if you look at what is successful in the league NOW, it doesnt appeat that Norvs offense is the correct fit.

Also, we would be pairing 2 of the worst clock management/challenge coaches in the NFL with each other in Norv and Rex.

I just think we need some young, intelligent, blood in here that can start to bring our offense into the new NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    lol at people wanting norv

have you watched the chargers play? his offense and play calling is awful-he would not use their best weapon-mathews at all properly-rivers has been terrible under him lately-and before anybody points to the cowboys offense he ran-there were hall of famers all over that offense-my nephew who is 14 dominates at madden when using hall of famers on offense too
    Mathews sucks... He's not at all good after contact and that's one of the biggest judgements of a running back. He's also an injury disaster. Sorry for anyone who was dumb enough to take him in fantasy football.

Norv has always run an offense that puts up points. Pretty much regardless of where he's been.

And Dick Lebeau didn't run a top 5 defense when he was the head coach of Cincinatti, but does that mean Lebeau didn't know defense?

The greatest thing about Norv is that he's never getting another head coaching chance outside of us winning multiple super bowls. If he works, he's staying for a long time. That is pretty enticing.

Veteran
    you need a player capable of running the pistol/spread. rivers is a pocket passer . rg3 and cam are a rare breed you can't run that formation with slow pole Rodriguez.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He has a good eye for talent he just isn't a HC. Balts O was top shelf this year they just had a ton of penalties. 4 years ago Balt had nothing on O and he helped build up one heck of a group. In the last 4 years how many young players has he developed? 1st Flacco, Oher. 2nd Osemele, Smith, Rice. 3rd Reid, Dickerson, Pierce. 4th Pitta. In SD who was drafted when he was there? Rivers, Turner, Gates, Jackson, Clary, Hardwick. If he is the one evaluating that talent side me up. Yeah I get it his draft in Miami was bad.
    Rivers (Manning really) Turner, Jackson and Sproles were drafted under Cameron... Gates was a UDFA... But you're not even living in reality if you don't realize that is all AJ Smith... He's the career scout, not Cam...

His draft in Miami might have had three of the four worst offensive picks in the first two rounds in NFL history...

Ginn
    Beck
    Booker

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Question about Norv.

Considering its 2013 and not 2002, where is Norv going to get experience with some spread offense plays or "pistol formation"? I ask because if you look at what is successful in the league NOW, it doesnt appeat that Norvs offense is the correct fit.

Also, we would be pairing 2 of the worst clock management/challenge coaches in the NFL with each other in Norv and Rex.

I just think we need some young, intelligent, blood in here that can start to bring our offense into the new NFL.
    Dunno why people think the Pistol or spread is all that positive because the best QB's in the league (Brees, Peyton, Brady, and Rodgers) all run pretty typical pro offenses.

That gimmick stuff will again not be winning a super bowl. And the only team with a real shot at changing that is San Francisco for the only reason that they have all pros everywhere on that roster.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Dunno why people think the Pistol or spread is all that positive because the best QB's in the league (Brees, Peyton, Brady, and Rodgers) all run pretty typical pro offenses.

That gimmick stuff will again not be winning a super bowl. And the only team with a real shot at changing that is San Francisco for the only reason that they have all pros everywhere on that roster.
    Thats exactly my point though.

You listed the 4 best QBs in the league, 2 of whom are first ballot HOF, what are we supposed to do, hope and pray we get the #1 pick in a year where peyton 2.0 is available?

The spread and pistol allow you to compete with less talent at the QB position. Is Russel Wilson good, absolutely, is he a legitimate 70% passer as an NFL rookie or does the seattle offense, with misdirection plays, pistol and zone read runs, simply put him in the best possible position to succeed?

Norv was a great coordinator with 3 HOFs on offense with Aikman, emmit and Irvin. Is he really the guy that is going to help out offense with whatever we have at QB in 2013? Is he the guy to work with whatever "developmental" QB we draft this year?

Im not sure that he is the best fit....

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Rivers (Manning really) Turner, Jackson and Sproles were drafted under Cameron... Gates was a UDFA... But you're not even living in reality if you don't realize that is all AJ Smith... He's the career scout, not Cam...

His draft in Miami might have had three of the four worst offensive picks in the first two rounds in NFL history...

Ginn
    Beck
    Booker
    I disagree with that being the worst picks in NFL history. Ginn is still a good player 9th was just a massive reach and most people said it. He was 2nd round value. Great STs guy and an OK WR. Beck was a 2nd round QB what do you really want. He fooled Shanahan too. Booker was not a bad RB either. They built that team around Williams and he left them high and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I disagree with that being the worst picks in NFL history. Ginn is still a good player 9th was just a massive reach and most people said it. He was 2nd round value. Great STs guy and an OK WR. Beck was a 2nd round QB what do you really want. He fooled Shanahan too. Booker was not a bad RB either. They built that team around Williams and he left them high and dry.
    lol

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Question about Norv.

You don't run a pistol just because other teams run a pistol. The pistol works for San Fran and Washington because they have QBs that are adept at that. Shanahan and his son spent the entire offseason researching the pistol and implementing a system that would suit RGIII's skillset.

Norv knows offense, and if you strip him of HC responsibilities and let him focus on just offense, you'll get a productive offense. I don't think the Jets can take a gamble on a young up and comer..they need someone with proven results on the offensive side of the ball. I also like the potential stability offered with Norv as OC .. he's not going to leave in a year to be a HC...he's likely a coordinator for the rest of his career.

You don't run a pistol just because other teams run a pistol. The pistol works for San Fran and Washington because they have QBs that are adept at that. Shanahan and his son spent the entire offseason researching the pistol and implementing a system that would suit RGIII's skillset.

Norv knows offense, and if you strip him of HC responsibilities and let him focus on just offense, you'll get a productive offense. I don't think the Jets can take a gamble on a young up and comer..they need someone with proven results on the offensive side of the ball. I also like the potential stability offered with Norv as OC .. he's not going to leave in a year to be a HC...he's likely a coordinator for the rest of his career.
    Im not saying we need to run the pistol...im saying we need an OC that ADAPTS, just like the shannahans did. Is norv that kind of guy? Or is he going to run what he knows...just like many other NFL re-treads do?

For GM - The Giant's scouting guy - Marc Ross. Done a good job there.
    HC - Brian Kelley from Notre Dame. Organized, smart and tough. A Coughlin type. Was impressed with stories about him. Changed the ND culture. Let him cobble together a staff.
    Let fat Rex foul up some other program. He's too poor a speaker to get a TV gig.

I don't think the Jets can take a gamble on a young up and comer..they need someone with proven results on the offensive side of the ball. I also like the potential stability offered with Norv as OC .. he's not going to leave in a year to be a HC...he's likely a coordinator for the rest of his career.
    This... Any type of stability with this franchise will be a welcome change.