Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New OC / DC (Dream Scenario)

good points about smith plus he had a better qb's in grossman and then cutler as opposed to sanchez to run his offense.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Rex runs a better defense than Lovie (who barely runs that defense, it's absolutely more Marinelli) and some of you guys horribly overrate Gruden.

That much will be proven when Gruden comes back to coach. Hopefully not my favorite team.

And it's amazing how anyone likes Lovie when the guy missed the playofs in 5 times out of 6 years yet Rex gets to the championship game 2 out of his 4 years and he must be fired. Confusing as hell. You'd figure that people would figure out just through every day life that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

General Manager - Tom Gamble (From 49ers)

Rex Ryan - Head Coach

Norv Turner - O-Co

Rob Ryan - D-Co

Mark Sanchez (and Tim Tebow and McEljoke), metaphoricly executed by proverbial firing squad and gone from the Jets.

Thats a 2013 I could look forward to.

See, some of us aren't too cowardly to say what we want ahead of time. Some folks could take a lesson from that, if they weren't just trolls.
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-31-2012 at 12:13 PM.

All League
    ny would explode if both ryans were on the same team

I can't see them ever working together

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    GM, John Dorsey from Green Bay

OC, Mark Trestman, head coach of Montreal in the CFL or Jeff Tedford formerly of California
    If the Jets pick up a young QB in the Draft, Tedford would be an amazing addition to the staff.

I think Trestman may get some serious HC looks, but I would be surprised if he would be willing to come back to the NFL as an OC. That's the reason he went to Canada in the first place, because he was not getting HC looks by being an NFL OC.

I can't see Rex selecting Lovie to become the DC. But I also cannot see Lovie turning it down if was offered the job. Lovie has his preference of how he runs a defense, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't change his strategy if he thought it worked best. And lets face it, there's a lot of people that would love to coach our secondary. Cro and Landry are pro bowlers this season and Oh, BTW we also have the best defensive player in the game on injured reserve.

Rex could get just about ANY candidate to come here and coach our defense. That's how enticing it is.

All Pro

My Plan

Marty Schottenheimer - GM

Lovie Smith - HC

Norv Turner - OC

Rod Marinelli - DC

Lovie reminds me so much of his mentor Dungy it's funny. The guy runs a solid defense but can't find an OC to save his life. The hiring of Norv should put an end to that.

You might say Rex has the same problem as Lovie,and while that may be true, Lovie is a quiet genuine leader while Rex is a loud mouth unbelieveable lying fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    If the Jets pick up a young QB in the Draft, Tedford would be an amazing addition to the staff.

I think Trestman may get some serious HC looks, but I would be surprised if he would be willing to come back to the NFL as an OC. That's the reason he went to Canada in the first place, because he was not getting HC looks by being an NFL OC.
    I like Trestman but don't think he's getting head coach looks here. He's always been a passing offense mind. He had a big part of those Raiders when Callahan ran the offensive line and running game while Trestman ran the passing offense.

But I do think it's amazing that Tedford gets thought of so highly. It was only a little while ago when people thought he ran good college schemes but was garbage developing QBs. Then Aaron Rodgers comes along and he's a genius.

Just wanna say that someone who I think would be a good GM hire would be Buddy Nix if he isn't kept by Buffalo.

I've been a big fan of their drafts over the last few years and really think the next coach/GM is going to get a ton of credit for a sudden "Turnaround" when it will be really due to Nix. He obviously did a great job years ago in San Diego as well. Just missed on the QB position... Which he realized and planned on drafting this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

Lovie Smith - HC

Norv Turner - OC

Rod Marinelli - DC

Lovie reminds me so much of his mentor Dungy it's funny. The guy runs a solid defense but can't find an OC to save his life. The hiring of Norv should put an end to that.

You might say Rex has the same problem as Lovie,and while that may be true, Lovie is a quiet genuine leader while Rex is a loud mouth unbelieveable lying fraud.
    Laughable... Lovie missed the playoffs in 5 out of 6 years but people would take him over Rex, despite Rex also being a better defensive coach.

All Pro
    Laughable... Lovie missed the playoffs in 5 out of 6 years but people would take him over Rex, despite Rex also being a better defensive coach.
    What was the bears record those 5 yrs. Who was the Qb those 5 yrs.

Personal Dream Scenario

GM - Gamble from San Fran

OC - Hue Jackson

QB Coach - Jeff Tedford

Offensive Assistant - Chad Pennington (groom to be QB coach)

Jackson has HC experience (which will hopefully help with our challenge/clock managment problems) and has been an excellent OC in his career.

Jeff Tedford has a history of developing QBs and comes from college where has has run spread-type offenses which is what we need to incorporate into the offense.

Any good staff needs continuity, and considering Hue was already a HC once,
    IF successful, I could see him getting another shot. Chad can bring some level-headedness to the staff and be groomed to eventually be the QB Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    General Manager - Tom Gamble (From 49ers)

Rex Ryan - Head Coach

Norv Turner - O-Co

Rob Ryan - D-Co

Mark Sanchez (and Tim Tebow and McEljoke), metaphoricly executed by proverbial firing squad and gone from the Jets.

Thats a 2013 I could look forward to.

See, some of us aren't too cowardly to say what we want ahead of time. Some folks could take a lesson from that, if they weren't just trolls.
    Hell to the no on Rob Ryan he is bad in Dallas. If not for Ware that D would suck.

What was the bears record those 5 yrs. Who was the Qb those 5 yrs.
    You are willing to consider those aspects for Lovie but not for Rex?

Who was Rex's QB for his 4 years? People have to realize that the grass isn't greener on the otherside.

I disagree with getting rid of Rex but if you MUST then at least have a legitimate replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Hell to the no on Rob Ryan he is bad in Dallas. If not for Ware that D would suck.
    They run different defenses anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    DREAM ABOUT PLAYERS, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE F'IN NEED.
    Exactly. Start with a new QB and work your way down.

They run different defenses anyway...
    It always amazes me when I watch Dallas games. They show him all the time he has like 4 charts and can never stop anyone on 3rd down. He looks lost and is always shaking his head. He is the Mark Sanchez of DCs IMO.

All Pro
    You are willing to consider those aspects for Lovie but not for Rex?

Who was Rex's QB for his 4 years? People have to realize that the grass isn't greener on the otherside.
    I disagree with getting rid of Rex but if you MUST then at least have a legitimate replacement.
    The guy he drafted and said gave his team the best chance to win all 4 yrs.

No, but atleast it should be grass, not something that looks like grass but smells like (insert Insult).

Rex Ryan is a fraud. A loud mouth fraud.

All Pro

Lovie Smith - HC

Norv Turner - OC

Rod Marinelli - DC

I don't want that family anywhere near this team.....