Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    sounds like you might actually be a Colonel
    It's worse.

He's a Phish fan.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Statement from Mike Tannenbaum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tanny uses Tapatalk too??

Anyone looking to trash Tannenbaum can do so in the hundred other threads on this board. Take that crap elsewhere.

Whatever you think of his successes as GM is irrelevant, this is a man thanking the organization and the fans.

And to that I say thank you Mike. You are a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    It's worse.

He's a Phish fan.
    Last night was awesome guy, you should go tonight.

i love how he praises himself for a couple good picks, when most his picks were just flat out terrible. especially the early 1st round busts a la sanchez and gholston

7 years and he sends his farewell using tapa talk? shame on Mike T.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Good Luck Mike, and thanks for almost getting us to the top

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Last night was awesome guy, you should go tonight.
    I'll pass. "Jam Bands" make me want to commit acts of violence.

He made enough terrible moves to warrant being dismissed. No need to pull the big phoney and pat him on the head as he leaves.

The old, he was great at this that and the other thing, but it was time to go attitude is idiotic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    i love how he praises himself for a couple good picks, when most his picks were just flat out terrible. especially the early 1st round busts a la sanchez and gholston
    not to mention his worst decision of all time, maybe the worst decision in the history of the NFL

trading two draft picks for the completely useless Teblow

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    aand the most delusional statement by a Jet fan of the year goes to: the both of you. Happy New Year
    For the record, I've hated having Tannenbaum as the GM since day one and am ecstatic he's been fired. However, something has to be said for the guy being able to work (con) his way up to being an NFL GM without knowing a damn thing about football. Because of this, there is no doubt in my mind he'll be fine.

Way to toot your own horn Mike see ya........

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He made enough terrible moves to warrant being dismissed. No need to pull the big phoney and pat him on the head as he leaves.

The old, he was great at this that and the other thing, but it was time to go attitude is idiotic.
    I question your Canadian citizenship; you must live in Elmhurst. Your soul is blacker than an Anthrax t-shirt.

It's gotta be, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I am incredibly grateful to have been a part of rebuilding a winning tradition for Jets fans over the past 15 years. My days with Coach Parcells through my years as General Manager of the team that went to back-to-back AFC Championship games have been the fulfillment of a dream
    Even Tannenbaum hangs onto that as a monumental accomplishment and of course was sure to mention it as part of his legacy. The dream would be going to the frickin Super Bowl and winning it!

I agreed that Mike did a bad job in the end and should have been fired and not kept here in any capacity. So should Rex IMO, but we'll see. That said while Mike's decisions were not good at times, he worked his ass off here. Mike was a guy who burned the candle at both ends looking for ways to make the team better. For that he should be praised. I hope he takes this experience to heart and learns from it when he gets another chance someday, which I believe he will.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I question your Canadian citizenship; you must live in Elmhurst. Your soul is blacker than an Anthrax t-shirt.

It's gotta be, right?
    ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Tanny is a good, intelligent, driven guy. He busted his ass for this team and despite not having a true football background, made it to the pinnacle of his profession. I have the utmost respect for the guy.

The harsh part about working your way up the ladder in an organization is that once you hit the top spot and things go south, your head is on the chopping block and you gotta go. I feel badly for him on a personal level that he is no longer with the Jets, the team that he gave his blood sweat and tears for.

That being said, it was time to go. I'm sure he'll land on his feet whatever he does. Thing is, I'm not so sure it will be within football. Or at least in another team's front office. Something tells me he'll take a high level position with the NFL. Seems to make the most sense to me.
    I have had opportunities to socialize with him in the past. He is very intelligent, and smarter in the x's and o's then people give him credit for. He has a huge ego which is essential to get where he did. I still think he got a bum deal because up to 2008 he was doing all he needed to do to build a solid franchise, but then the whole philosophy of the organization changed to win now and sell tickets. ESPN has a good article on that today.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...d-jets-decline

In many ways he was following his owner's wishes. For that reason I feel sorry for him being made the fall guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post

It's gotta be, right?
    Not at all. Hey it is never nice when a guy gets fired. No fun at all. I don't even mind Tanny for some of the things he did. What I hate our these after the fact disinegenious back slapping as a guy goes out the door. If he is as good as some people say then he should stay and the people saying this should be arguing vehemently for him to stay instead of saying.

Oh it was time for him to go but he was smart, a good gm and made a lot of great moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Even Tannenbaum hangs onto that as a monumental accomplishment and of course was sure to mention it as part of his legacy. The dream would be going to the frickin Super Bowl and winning it!
    Umm... So you are suggesting it means nothing?

It's clearly a very good accomplishment. Obviously not winning the super bowl but it's something that deserves to be mentioned. Hell, it's only happened a handful of times in this team's pathetic history and he had a big part in two of them.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Not at all. Hey it is never nice when a guy gets fired. No fun at all. I don't even mind Tanny for some of the things he did. What I hate our these after the fact disinegenious back slapping as a guy goes out the door. If he is as good as some people say then he should stay and the people saying this should be arguing vehemently for him to stay instead of saying.

Oh it was time for him to go but he was smart, a good gm and made a lot of great moves.
    But...this is the "Farewell Dinner" thread!