Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannenbaum statement

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tannenbaum statement

Statement from Mike Tannenbaum

I want to thank Woody and his entire family for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime -- serving as the General Manager of the New York Jets for seven years.

I am incredibly grateful to have been a part of rebuilding a winning tradition for Jets fans over the past 15 years. My days with Coach Parcells through my years as General Manager of the team that went to back-to-back AFC Championship games have been the fulfillment of a dream I have had since I was a little kid and I'll always be grateful to Woody, the two head coaches, Rex and Eric, as well as all of the players, staff and the entire organization for this opportunity.

While of course it is disappointing to not achieve the ultimate goal of winning a championship, I am incredibly proud of our overall winning record and success. I feel very fortunate to have been the general manager who drafted cornerstone players during a period that yielded four playoff victories and 22 Pro Bowl appearances.

I appreciate that it is rare for someone to stay with one organization with such a wide range of responsibilities for so many years. My time with the Jets will always be special to me and my family and it has prepared me well for whatever comes next.

There are champions on this team that havenít been crowned yet. I am confident that the base we've established will allow the New York Jets to continue a winning tradition for years to come and I wish everyone in the organization the best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy trails Tanny. You are handling this with class.

Wonder if he ends up anywhere in the NFL? Maybe goes to TV?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    thanks, i needed something to wipe my ass with
    You wipe your ass with your computer? Now that's strange.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny is a good, intelligent, driven guy. He busted his ass for this team and despite not having a true football background, made it to the pinnacle of his profession. I have the utmost respect for the guy.

The harsh part about working your way up the ladder in an organization is that once you hit the top spot and things go south, your head is on the chopping block and you gotta go. I feel badly for him on a personal level that he is no longer with the Jets, the team that he gave his blood sweat and tears for.

That being said, it was time to go. I'm sure he'll land on his feet whatever he does. Thing is, I'm not so sure it will be within football. Or at least in another team's front office. Something tells me he'll take a high level position with the NFL. Seems to make the most sense to me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mike, you forgot something.Please go back and take your garbage (Rex Ryan) with you . What are we supposed to do with it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Statement from Mike Tannenbaum

I want to thank Woody and his entire family for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime -- serving as the General Manager of the New York Jets for seven years.

I am incredibly grateful to have been a part of rebuilding a winning tradition for Jets fans over the past 15 years. My days with Coach Parcells through my years as General Manager of the team that went to back-to-back AFC Championship games have been the fulfillment of a dream I have had since I was a little kid and I'll always be grateful to Woody, the two head coaches, Rex and Eric, as well as all of the players, staff and the entire organization for this opportunity.

While of course it is disappointing to not achieve the ultimate goal of winning a championship, I am incredibly proud of our overall winning record and success. I feel very fortunate to have been the general manager who drafted cornerstone players during a period that yielded four playoff victories and 22 Pro Bowl appearances.

I appreciate that it is rare for someone to stay with one organization with such a wide range of responsibilities for so many years. My time with the Jets will always be special to me and my family and it has prepared me well for whatever comes next.

There are champions on this team that haven’t been crowned yet. I am confident that the base we've established will allow the New York Jets to continue a winning tradition for years to come and I wish everyone in the organization the best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    You wipe your ass with your computer? Now that's strange.
    LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Tanny is a good, intelligent, driven guy. He busted his ass for this team and despite not having a true football background, made it to the pinnacle of his profession. I have the utmost respect for the guy.

The harsh part about working your way up the ladder in an organization is that once you hit the top spot and things go south, your head is on the chopping block and you gotta go. I feel badly for him on a personal level that he is no longer with the Jets, the team that he gave his blood sweat and tears for.

That being said, it was time to go. I'm sure he'll land on his feet whatever he does. Thing is, I'm not so sure it will be within football. Or at least in another team's front office. Something tells me he'll take a high level position with the NFL. Seems to make the most sense to me.
    I am not sure it is harsh at any level in an organization to be judged held responsible for the outcomes that your are responsible for. His choices, his outcomes.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was bad and he should feel bad.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree completely

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    you must be a Tebow fan
    when I was an enlisted man in the USAVN I had the opportunity to meet quite a few individuals with the same first name as yours

and most of them were efficient at only one thing, getting their enlisted men killed unnecessarily

sounds like you might actually be a Colonel

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I am not sure it is harsh at any level in an organization to be judged held responsible for the outcomes that your are responsible for. His choices, his outcomes.
    As I said - its time to go. There's no doubt about that. But, if he was simply good at negotiating deals and working the cap, he probably would have been here for his entire career, or at least would have had the option.

But, because he ascended to the top position, he basically ensured that he would one day get canned (unless he experienced success the likes of which neither you or I could imagine, as Jet fans) from the team he spent the majority of his adult life with. Its the inevitable reality, but its still harsh. Its just a little different than a guy like Parcells ducking in for a few years and then moving on, that's all. If you don't like harsh as the terminology, we can agree to disagree.

I'm happy the Jets are moving on, but I don't feel the need to re-joice or talk about wiping my ass with his statement.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's sometimes difficult to separate the positive emotions that can happen when someone like a HC or GM is fired as a fan, from the reality that it is a person working 100 hours a week to do the best job he can, and then gets tossed away as a failure. So while I wish Tanny the best in whatever new endeavor he tries in his future, I am giddy with delight that he has been let go, as I never believed even a little in the way he tried to build a football team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean he took some shots with Bret Farve and Sanchez that didn't pan out, but it hasn't been dull. His biggest fault IMO is signing pro player contracts instead of pro team contracts.

He was a class guy and I wish him success.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    when I was an enlisted man in the USAVN I had the opportunity to meet quite a few individuals with the same first name as yours

and most of them were efficient at only one thing, getting their enlisted men killed unnecessarily

sounds like you might actually be a Colonel
    I agree. This yahoo is probably just the kind of guy to drown after going into water whilst wearing a suit of armor.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. This yahoo is probably just the kind of guy to drown after going into water whilst wearing a suit of armor.
    please kiss my ass with this ****. thanks i'm not a warmonger

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tannenbaum cost the Jets 10's of MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN WASTED ROSTER DECISIONS since he's been here... what potion of that makes him 'good' and 'intelligent ??
    He also drafted guys like brick, mangold and revis.

Tannenbaum was the very good and the very bad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear he stopped sending checks to "Jews for Jesus".

Good luck, Mike.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    please kiss my ass with this ****. thanks i'm not a warmonger
    Uh, Col, it was a play on your name....just a joke, muh-man.