Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets ask 49ers to Interview Tom Gamble for GM

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He was also a solid TE for the Texans for a few years before that.
    Had had the benefit of being the #2 TE behind Owen Daniels

All League
    Perhaps the favorite.

@AlbertBreer
    Also sounds like, early on, 49ers personnel man Tom Gamble is atop the Jets' list. Bill Polian apparently went to bat for him big-time w/NY.

All Pro
    RT @AlbertBreer: Also sounds like, early on, 49ers personnel man Tom Gamble is atop the Jets' list. Bill Polian apparently went to bat for him big-time w/NY.

Hall Of Fame
    Gamble is beginning to look like the "best" choice.

Hope we can close the deal.

If we select Gamble and he accepts will we hear before the 49ers are eliminated ???

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Perhaps the favorite.

@AlbertBreer
    Also sounds like, early on, 49ers personnel man Tom Gamble is atop the Jets' list. Bill Polian apparently went to bat for him big-time w/NY.
    Like that. Really hope there is strong mutal interest, which I anticipate there will be.

Gamble was very creative in aquiring talent through free agency, and saw guys that suited his team's scheme better than the scheme they just came from. We will need some creativeness in this off season to upgrade talent. Obviously, San Fran has drafted well recently, so hopefully he is able to bring some talented scouts with him.

If he is given the ability to fire Rex, and choses to do so, I assume we would have an inside track at one of the "sexiest" names in the up and coming Head Coach ranks in Greg Roman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    If we select Gamble and he accepts will we hear before the 49ers are eliminated ???
    Why not? Hes not a part of the coaching staff

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Perhaps the favorite.

@AlbertBreer
    Make it happen Tanny!

Wait, sign this beast Woody!

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    YES.THis is my first choice. Make it ****ing happen.
    I welcome any positive change; but let's not forget the Niners picked high in the draft; it's about 9-10 drafts since Mariucci left, not one winning season in 8 years.

The Niners have gotten their talent at or near the top of every round for what looks to be about 70 rounds.

I love all the ProBowlers; they are really stocked.

I will be cool with one of four guys. But this guy is atop my list. Drafts well, and gets productive FA without breaking bank.

So Gamble is a top candidate, has a history with Buddy, received an endorsement from Polian, sure seems to me Gamble is also a good candidate for Rex.

And so much for the Jets' GM position not being an attractive job with Polian's endorsement...

Oh that silly media and fans who eat up their bull****...

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Obviously, San Fran has drafted well recently, so hopefully he is able to bring some talented scouts with him.
    And awayyyyy we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    So Gamble is a top candidate, has a history with Buddy, received an endorsement from Polian, sure seems to me Gamble is also a good candidate for Rex.

And so much for the Jets' GM position not being an attractive job with Polian's endorsement...

Oh that silly media and fans who eat up their bull****...
    Has anyone, Gamble included, accepted the job of GM for the Jets? (You do know Polian turned it down I assume) Until then, how can you determine the job is attractive? Just more pom pom waving.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    No- why would he leave a team that has a chance to win a SB, but I am sure we will here 2 hours after they are knocked out.

"One NFL insider speculated that Gamble won't have serious interest in the Jets because of the stipulation that Rex Ryan must be retained."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-to-49ers-exec

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    "One NFL insider speculated that Gamble won't have serious interest in the Jets because of the stipulation that Rex Ryan must be retained."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-to-49ers-exec
    One NFL insider SPECULATED.....

Plus if it's one and done thing it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

No need to yell, I can read. Just seems pretty obvious that no serious candidate will take a job without having final say on the coach. Why would he?

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Has anyone, Gamble included, accepted the job of GM for the Jets? (You do know Polian turned it down I assume) Until then, how can you determine the job is attractive? Just more pom pom waving.
    What part can't you comprehend, troll?

@AlbertBreer

Speculate - Form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence.

aka, he doesn't have any proof to that. It's just an opinion of an unknown person.

I'm not going to take that serious

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

Mike Pettine is suddenly everyone's favorite anonymous source...