Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets ask 49ers to Interview Tom Gamble for GM

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Despite the fact that Gamble worked with his father?

One NFL insider is not enough to deter me.

Bottom line is that the position is going to be filled by somebody. It will be filled by somebody who we will not know the caliber of until they go on the job.
    that could be why, if true..

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't think that's all that esoteric a goal. Tanny, despite his non-football background, understood that as well. We had two top 6 picks and attempted to fill those needs. Unfortunately, he/they failed spectacularly in that regard. If the Jets hit on either of those picks, it's a completely different team.

For all those saying that this roster is devoid of talent, add a legit pass rusher and a competent+ QB and this a playoff team.
    Agreed completely, that's why besides the scouting end of the job everything else is basically a crap shoot just like the draft. I am not a tannenbaum fan but if Peyton comes to the jets last year he is executive of the year instead of unemployed. If just one of te Sanchez gholston pick plays up to their draft status. This whole overhaul never happens

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We needed corn and ferry for this? 95% of the board was saying to interview this guy.

Woody should just cut JI a check for 200K and let us run with this.
    It's Korn not Corn.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggreenugly View Post
    Norv's going to Dallas.
    Thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Thank god.
    Yeah, I think it was reported that he didn't want to come here anyway.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If he's smart he'll take the job from the team that says you can fire our Head Coach and bring in your own guy (Fingers crossed for Greg Roman).
    Greg Roman has very strong ties to Long Island. Love to see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dogg View Post
    Greg Roman has very strong ties to Long Island. Love to see it happen.
    Grew up in Ventnor City, NJ.

Speculation but Daniel Jeremiah at NFL network thinks Gamble is coming here

"New York Jets
    Out: Mike Tannenbaum
    My prediction: Tom Gamble. The current director of player personnel for the San Francisco 49ers has helped construct one of the NFL's deepest rosters. He has a strong reputation for his work with the Niners and Indianapolis Colts, and actually spent two seasons with the Jets organization as a defensive assistant/quality control coach in the mid-1990s."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ch-gm-openings

I just read Gamble spent two year with the Jets. Maybe we have an in?

Thank god.
    Why? He's an excellent OC..Terrible HC

I just read Gamble spent two year with the Jets. Maybe we have an in?
    coached under Kotite...Hopefully he doesn't hold that against the Jets

He'll instantly improve our talent level on defense ... if we had San Fran's talent level on defense we would have 10 wins even with this terrible offense. Offensively I hope we go after a back in the 1st round. We need a top 10 running back talent on this team badly.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    He'll instantly improve our talent level on defense ... if we had San Fran's talent level on defense we would have 10 wins even with this terrible offense. Offensively I hope we go after a back in the 1st round. We need a top 10 running back talent on this team badly.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Fix the OL first....an avg RB behind a real good OL will look really good! Once you fix the OL then look to get a great RB

Banned
    I'm encouraged by the guys they are looking at. Gamble and Ross both have strong backgrounds.

I hope the Jets hire Gamble this guy is a football professional the Jets need. I hope they dont screw this up and we end up with Clinkscales. We dont need anymore learn on the job Gms like Tanabaum.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Don't forget Seattle with Wilson and Lynch
    Seattle is FAR from ground and pound. They run the ball well, but have as diverse an offense as you will find in the nfl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why did the Jets ask to interview Gramble if Rex is deciding the next GM?

A HA!

It's to throw us all off.

Sent from a phone using an app

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    I hope the Jets hire Gamble this guy is a football professional the Jets need. I hope they dont screw this up and we end up with Clinkscales. We dont need anymore learn on the job Gms like Tanabaum.
    Gamble is being reviewed by JAX, SD, NYJ at a minimum.

Lots of competition for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    coached under Kotite...Hopefully he doesn't hold that against the Jets
    Thought the same thing.