Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Jets ask 49ers to Interview Tom Gamble for GM

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    And Guaranteed SB tickets for 2014 weather our team is playing or not, Woody still has a owners box in the place.
    whether

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Any GM candidate is going to inquire as to the current state of the team, meaning salary cap situations, pending free agents and salaries on the books.

Gamble, or any of the other candidates can look at all the information made available by Woody's staff and all them would come to the conclusion that 2013 will be a limited opportunity to turn over the roster. It also doesn't take a PHD to realize that some very bad contracts will be off the books March 1, 2014 giving the Jets a TON of cap space.

This will allow ANY potential candidate the opportunity to come in with no pressure to win now and they can build up all of their chips for a MAJOR move in 2014.

Looking at all of the openings for GMs, it looks like the Jags are the only other team talking with Gamble & Caldwell (as of now) and I haven't heard Ross's name come up in any other teams short list.

I think that is promising. Even if Gamble goes to Jax, I think we will get a great GM.
    Good post

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm sure he's doing his due diligence as well.

We'll see how attractive the job is to him.

Let's not put the cart before the horse.
    WTF is your point dbag, other than you have to have a smarmy response to everybody you have a problem with on the Internet.

The report came out that Polian tried selling Gambe on the Jets job, it's obvious he's interested or he wouldn't have agreed to do the interview, there is nothing to argue here, the media *******s tried painting doom and gloom about the jets job and as usual, they are clueless. STFU already.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    WTF is your point dbag, other than you have to have a smarmy response to everybody you have a problem with on the Internet.

The report came out that Polian tried selling Gambe on the Jets job, it's obvious he's interested or he wouldn't have agreed to do the interview, there is nothing to argue here, the media *******s tried painting doom and gloom about the jets job and as usual, they are clueless. STFU already.
    HEY! Will you calm down!??!?!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    No it's not common sense. Because you're assuming that every GM will have a problem with giving Rex another year.

We've seen coaches get 1 last year from new GM's before getting the axe. Holmgren gave Mangini another shot. Chicago's GM gave Lovie Smith another shot. Pittsburgh's GM kept Cowher

You're assuming that every candidate will have a problem with Woody saying "You can be our GM, but you have to keep Rex for 1 more year". Some might, but not everyone will. Every person is differen.t

You know what they say about assuming...

Oh boy... is this really hard to understand? I am not assuming EVERY candidate will have a problem with not being able to pick their own coach. I am saying SOME, perhaps MANY, will. Meaning you are unnecessarily limiting your pool of candidates.

That's it. That's all I'm saying. If Woody truly is telling these guys, "hey, I would prefer to keep Rex, but that decision will be up to you" then I have no problem with this. But that is not how it appears.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Oh boy... is this really hard to understand? I am not assuming EVERY candidate will have a problem with not being able to pick their own coach. I am saying SOME, perhaps MANY, will. Meaning you are unnecessarily limiting your pool of candidates.

That's it. That's all I'm saying. If Woody truly is telling these guys, "hey, I would prefer to keep Rex, but that decision will be up to you" then I have no problem with this. But that is not how it appears.
    The fact that the Jets are not allowing Rex to address the media makes me think Woody is going to allow the new GM to decide his fate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    The fact that the Jets are not allowing Rex to address the media makes me think Woody is going to allow the new GM to decide his fate.
    And if said G.M. decides that Rex's time here is over, he will be my new favorite G.M. in this organization's history. If said G.M. keeps him, well, we would have been better off sticking with Tannenbaum for another year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I think whoever had that press conference planned needs to get a brain. You were going to put Rex in a bad situation that he didn't want to be in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    And if said G.M. decides that Rex's time here is over, he will be my new favorite G.M. in this organization's history. If said G.M. keeps him, well, we would have been better off sticking with Tannenbaum for another year.
    What if he fires Rex after the year?

Will he become your favorite GM then?

The Jets NEW GM would be my favorite if he did a BETTER Job at building this team up THE RIGHT WAY in becoming a Contender year-in and year-out.

(plus, Bringing back Braylon wouldn't hurt either.... )

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    What if he fires Rex after the year?

Will he become your favorite GM then?

The Jets NEW GM would be my favorite if he did a BETTER Job at building this team up THE RIGHT WAY in becoming a Contender year-in and year-out.

(plus, Bringing back Braylon wouldn't hurt either.... )
    No, because it will show he has no spine and will eventually be a failure, like all the rest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Any GM candidate is going to inquire as to the current state of the team, meaning salary cap situations, pending free agents and salaries on the books.

Gamble, or any of the other candidates can look at all the information made available by Woody's staff and all them would come to the conclusion that 2013 will be a limited opportunity to turn over the roster. It also doesn't take a PHD to realize that some very bad contracts will be off the books March 1, 2014 giving the Jets a TON of cap space.

This will allow ANY potential candidate the opportunity to come in with no pressure to win now and they can build up all of their chips for a MAJOR move in 2014.
    And THAT is why you keep Rex as HC for 1 more year because the new HC will have a better situation in 2014 than if he came here in 2013 in a serious rebuilding year and be tainted by that year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    No, because it will show he has no spine and will eventually be a failure, like all the rest.
    Be honest, 124. If the Jets went 4-12 in a rebuilding year in 2013, would you rather have Rex as the HC or New HC?

Rex will be fired after such a year and a New HC could be brought in to a better situation in 2014 with younger players and more cap space.

Or, New HC, who is tainted by the 4-12 season will be under serious pressure in 2014.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    LOL, it's always the guy who retaliates that gets the flag...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    LOL, it's always the guy who retaliates that gets the flag...
    LOL. Poor Ray Ray getting his panties in a bunch.

Retaliate??? You got worked up over nothing. Well, any thought or comment here that doesn't fall in line with Sgt. Ray Ray I guess is subject to attack.
    Last edited by Jordy; 01-04-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Browns are getting in on the Gamble action

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

The Browns have asked the Niners for permission to interview Tom Gamble for their GM post. Gamble being pursued by NYJ, Jax and SD also.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes, we got alot of competition for Gamble.

In fact, everybody is interview the same candidates.

It's like a game of musical chairs. The GM version...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jan 3 1:20PM ET from 7:05 AM - 3 Jan 13

Jets scheduled to interview Tom Gamble

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...iew-tom-gamble
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-03-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN: RT @AlbertBreer Browns have asked Niners for permission to interview Tom Gamble for GM post. Gamble being pursued by NYJ, Jax and SD also.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As bad this season was and how disgusted I am with this organization, it's still better than all other teams pursuing Gamble.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Be honest, 124. If the Jets went 4-12 in a rebuilding year in 2013, would you rather have Rex as the HC or New HC?

Rex will be fired after such a year and a New HC could be brought in to a better situation in 2014 with younger players and more cap space.

Or, New HC, who is tainted by the 4-12 season will be under serious pressure in 2014.
    SOJF dopes think the Jet-hating NY media will let up and stop the butthurt of making fun of the Jets if Ryan leaves now. No such luck.