Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Browns are doing it the right wa

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    625
    Post Thanks / Like

    Browns are doing it the right wa

    Edit: ...right way

    They intend to hire a head coach with full authority over the roster. The Jets need to do the same. Hire a personnel guy, but have him report to Rex. The league has gotten away from this but I see it making a comeback in a big way. Let's be ahead of the curve for once.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, lets copy the browns. Maybe throw in a little from the lions as well. That should do it.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish we were like the browns!











    said no one ever

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    buahahaahah!

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they can lure Gruden or Cowher out of retirement, it's a smart move. If they can't, it's moronic.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Browns haven't done it the "right way" in 25 years.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If they can lure Gruden or Cowher out of retirement, it's a smart move. If they can't, it's moronic.
    We already have our man, we need to give him the power to make things work.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,565
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread was well-thought out.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    We already have our man, we need to give him the power to make things work.
    LOL.

    Rex Ryan will be the Head Coach for at maximum one more calendar year.

    He's gone after 2013 if he lasts that long.

    He's not a coach, he's a coordinator.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well it couldnt be Rex in that dual role. In fact the new GM might need to ban Rex from the draft war room (seriously).

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Edit: ...right way

    They intend to hire a head coach with full authority over the roster. The Jets need to do the same. Hire a personnel guy, but have him report to Rex. The league has gotten away from this but I see it making a comeback in a big way. Let's be ahead of the curve for once.
    First, the Browns haven't done anything the right way since they rejoined the league.

    Second, Rex is a bad judge of talent because (1) he thinks he can coach up everyone on defense and (2) he knows nothing about offense. So having a personnel guy reporting to Rex would be a bad move.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    what

    have the general manager report to the head coach?


    Has there been a single team ever that did it that way since Paul Brown was the Head Coach and Owner in Cleveland??

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    what

    have the general manager report to the head coach?


    Has there been a single team ever that did it that way since Paul Brown was the Head Coach and Owner in Cleveland??
    Yeah, it's been done plenty. They usually don't have the title of General Manager, usually it's director of personnel or whatever, but they're the head front office guy. Belichick does it, Cowher used to. It was a lot more common in previous years than now, but there's a reason Parcells wanted to shop for the groceries in New England.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us