Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No media availability for Rex and Woody

Veteran

No media availability for Rex and Woody

The ny media is not liking no press conferences where they can badger and try to back Rex into a corner to make a statement where they can twist it into anything they wish.
    IMO the front office has had enough and isn't willing to give the piranhas anything to work with, but even by staying silent the media says that something must be up. It's a no win. I applaud the decision and think they should send only a team spokesman out there to let them know what's going on.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    The ny media is not liking no press conferences where they can badger and try to back Rex into a corner to make a statement where they can twist it into anything they wish.
    IMO the front office has had enough and isn't willing to give the piranhas anything to work with, but even by staying silent the media says that something must be up. It's a no win. I applaud the decision and think they should send only a team spokesman out there to let them know what's going on.
    They are finally taking my advice!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    I think they have done a fine job of communicating what is going on. Statements were released regarding the dismissal of Tannenbaum and the hiring of Korn/Ferry to assist with the GM search. Currently they are looking for a GM. What else is there to say at this time?

i like it just the way it is. we all know when those 2 idiots talk it only makes matters worse and pisses us off.

besides who wants to see rexs long drawn out crying face now while we should be getting ready for the damn playoffs!

1. They have to talk...

2. They will talk. Why does the media think they may not? Big deal if it's today or Friday

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    1. They have to talk...

2. They will talk. Why does the media think they may not? Big deal if it's today or Friday
    The media wii ***** regardless, if they talk today, they should have waited until they had something to say, if they talk Friday they waited too long. Poor journalism

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    1. They have to talk...

Because the all self important, prima donna, dbags that comprise the media think that everyone has to jump when they say so. They are looking to stir the pot and create a story where there isn't one.

I don't think there's much for Rex to say at this point. I think the media is looking for a public lynching. Let the media do their job and work for stories.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I don't think there's much for Rex to say at this point. I think the media is looking for a public lynching. Let the media do their job and work for stories.
    a 6-10 season like we just had is more than enough words no need to say anymore.

All Pro
    The media want to have their cake and eat it too. Complain when it's a circus but whine when the organization pays for, and follows professional advice. Wah wah wah, the funny part is they think they matter.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Running away from the media is being a puss.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    F*ck the media. There a bunch of whores.

This silence is a good thing. The Jets are at a very important stage, picking a GM. The whole org should be buttoned up tight and silent until they get the best possible candidate. The team should be doing nothing to jeopardize a candidates interest.

The cone of silence is a good thing right now.

Finally the front office is doing the correct thing by getting their ducks in order before opening their mouths, and the media can't take it.. They knock the "circus", but now they don't know what to do without one going on.

Seriously, do we really need Rex to just "no comment" an entire interview because he's not at liberty to say anything? Go back to your holes.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I think they have done a fine job of communicating what is going on. Statements were released regarding the dismissal of Tannenbaum and the hiring of Korn/Ferry to assist with the GM search. Currently they are looking for a GM. What else is there to say at this time?
    +1

Lying quote-creating whores.

+2

Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    Do you really think they are running away from the media?

It's unfortunate that there are people like this who believe the dumb **** that some of these writers write.

Rex will talk to the media... As will Woody although Woody shouldn't have much of anything more to say.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Hire new GM, and sweep it under the rug.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    This silence is a good thing. The Jets are at a very important stage, picking a GM. The whole org should be buttoned up tight and silent until they get the best possible candidate. The team should be doing nothing to jeopardize a candidates interest.

The cone of silence is a good thing right now.
    I don't disagree, but they are mandated by the league to produce Rex for a press conference by Friday. They should have at least given an explanation as to why he wasn't produced on Monday.

Presumably the GM search won't be done within 2 days. So, they'll have to offer him up and let him flail in the wind.

If he had a presser on Monday, he could have spoken about the game half the time, how sad he was for Tanny to be gone, and then put some fluff about being disappointed and vowing to do a better job next year and have been done with it. Now, its just dragging on.

Jets Insider VIP
    You mean "They're " a bunch of whores. Obviously you are right and Er-a-ding like dat.

I mean who cares about their agenda of selling papers. It's hillarious when they try to stir the pot. The big question is who is going to be the next QB and OC. Who goes and who stays.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't disagree, but they are mandated by the league to produce Rex for a press conference by Friday. They should have at least given an explanation as to why he wasn't produced on Monday.

Presumably the GM search won't be done within 2 days. So, they'll have to offer him up and let him flail in the wind.

If he had a presser on Monday, he could have spoken about the game half the time, how sad he was for Tanny to be gone, and then put some fluff about being disappointed and vowing to do a better job next year and have been done with it. Now, its just dragging on.
    And when they are finally forced to offer Rex up to the wolves, he will be wearing a muzzle. And if he's not, then the front office is even stupider than I thought.