Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Great News for the phony STH'ers

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    dream on. why come watch them destroy the jets when they can go watch them play baltimore and watch a real football game cheaper and in a better atmosphere.
    You're an idiot. Whenever Pittsburgh plays here, whether its us or the Giants, it is always sold out. People who live here aren't here aren't going to ****ing drive to Baltimore every single year, when they can see the Steelers right in their own back yard. There are usually going to go where its most convenient.

You're giving other football fans too much credit. They'll come here for their win, not for the ****ing 'atmosphere'. This isn't a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You're an idiot. Whenever Pittsburgh plays here, whether its us or the Giants, it is always sold out. People who live here aren't here aren't going to ****ing drive to Baltimore every single year, when they can see the Steelers right in their own back yard. There are usually going to go where its most convenient.

You're giving other football fans too much credit. They'll come here for their win, not for the ****ing 'atmosphere'. This isn't a bar.
    im an idiot because you cant handle the truth?

tickets will be plentiful and cheap for the 2013 season.

you and sar i should get a room.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Miami 2x face value.
    Pittsburgh 3x face value.
    New England 3x face value.
    Oakland 3x face value.
    New Orleans 2x face value.

SAR I

I can see the Steelers and Saints being hot tickets. Even New England if we're competitive when we play 'em... but Oakland?

Would figure even the Tampa game to be more in demand than the Raider game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dolphag fans dont go to games in Miami but they will go here? Please. I done see anyone making money on Jet tickets anytime soon. Supply and demand. There is a supply- but no demand.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    I can see the Steelers and Saints being hot tickets. Even New England if we're competitive when we play 'em... but Oakland?

Would figure even the Tampa game to be more in demand than the Raider game.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Dolphag fans dont go to games in Miami but they will go here? Please. I done see anyone making money on Jet tickets anytime soon. Supply and demand. There is a supply- but no demand.
    Back in the 80s the Dolphins and Raiders were the hottest teams in the league, along with Pittsburgh. I have always been able to make money on Dolphins games going back as far as 2001. The Raiders only visit the area every three or four years at most, and their fans pay top dollar to see them. Steelers no question.

It's not just supply and demand. It's also quality of location. There are about 10,000 Jets fans with PSL's in highly desirable locations. In my case, first row, mezzanine, visitor side. It's quite a good formula, been working for me for years. And now in MetLife Stadium, there's an even bigger win. The fans with tickets in the adjacent Club section, like Row 15, will charge $400 to see the Steelers game, that's 2x face value. I can offer Steeler fans Row 1 in the section 3 feet away, at $375. That's 3x face value. I charge less than the fans next to me but make more money.

The reason this doesn't make sense to you is because you are Jets fans. Don't take this the wrong way, but single-game Jets fans as a whole are cheap. Visiting fans who flying in, spend money on hotel rooms, get rent cars, go to expensive restaurants, want very good seats and if they are paying $1,600 for flights, hotels, cars, food, whatwhaveyou, they are more than willing to pay $375 for a first row seat to see their team have a guaranteed win.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

+1

When I was a bit younger and had fewer kids, I would travel to a road Jet game every year. Green Bay, Kansas City, New England, Miami, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, and San Diego are just some of the cities that I have visited. Each weekend trip cost me around $2000 all-in.

And the last thing I would do is skimp on tickets to the games themselves. After all, I'm not going to travel 3000 miles to go sit in a crappy seat at Qualcomm Stadium. So instead of a lousy $100 seat in the upper deck, I'd spend $400 to get a really choice seat in the mezzanine or lower level. In the context of an expensive weekend vacation, spending good money on the game day ticket itself makes lots of sense.

The key is to list the tickets early. Most fans making these kind of travel plans do so months in advance. I've always attended Jets games since relocating back to the New York area three years ago, so when I've sold my Jets seats it was always a last minute thing, always put them on sale five days before the game. In a season like the one we are about to have, I will list the elite games in April when the schedule is announced at top dollar and patiently wait for them to sell. And they will.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    How did Ed sell out for 20 years? Didn't he go to all of the games, save 2007 when he sustained an injury while working as a firefighter? Again, I'm not saying that you have to go to games or do anything, do with your tickets as you please, I just don't understand why you classify him as a sellout and fraud of a fan, somebody who shouldn't be allowed to criticize the team, when, You: Criticize the team, and actually sell your own tickets and don't go to every game. Doesn't make sense. Seems hypocritical...

Edit: It's not likely that the 5 games you will attend will be five games more than I attend next year. I went to 5 games this year myself, and snapped a streak of going to every home regular season game since the New Stadium opened. I, like you, couldn't take how bad the team is, and most importantly, how hard it is to actually root for this year's team. So yeah, as long as the team seems ok next year and seems to be trying, unless I die or something in the meantime, it is my intention to be at most of the games...
    Any response, SAR I?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Any response, SAR I?
    No. Firefraud is gone. Mourn him elsewhere.

SAR I

Fans with strong traveling fanbases like Pittsburgh, Oakland, Miami, and New England spend a lot of money on flights, hotels, food, and rental cars. They don't skimp on gameday tickets.

Putting seats up for sale before the season starts ensures that those lucrative out-of-state enemy fans have time to make a good selection and pay top-dollar. My seats got 2x face value in 10 minutes when I put them up for sale 3 days before the 49ers game that I couldn't attend due to surgery. Had I put them up for sale in July I could have gotten 3x face value easy.

Row 1. Mezzanine. Visitors side. Resale gold. Jets fans are cheap, always looking for a deal, lousy customers. Visiting fans, the best.

SAR I
    I don't get it, No one I know goes to the Meadowlands. A lot of us go to Miami if it is in December. I only went to Giants Stadium once as I was meeting with Lucent in Whippany on a Monday.

I was thinking about going one year but I am different as I am cursed with children that like the Jets and Seahawks.

Do the jets sell the premium sideline seats individually?

You can't get 3x face value for any game. Stop kidding yourself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not 3X true.

Rather than bull I'll stick with facts

I only sold 4 of my LSL seats last regular season

1 for the Bills opening week (one of our three was on a transatlantic cruise) and all three for Thanksgiving night (family T Day was in Pittsburgh)

Used Stubhub

Got 328 per seat for the 3 seats after stubhub fees for Thanksgiving and 254 for the one Bills ticket.

All Pro

Miami 2x face value.
    Pittsburgh 3x face value.
    New England 3x face value.
    Oakland 3x face value.
    New Orleans 2x face value.

That's $6,500 right there. My seats cost $5,000. So I'll attend Buffalo, Cleveland, and Tampa contests for free and make $1,500 in profit. Then use a bit of that $1,500 and get last-minute cheap StubHub seats to two of these better games (Sunday 1PM only) and wind up attending 5 games for free and make $1,000 dead-net.

MetLife rocks.

SAR I
    You're only getting paid $1,500 to watch the Jets play BUF, CLE and TAM? You're getting screwed. I wouldn't travel to the stadium to sit through all three of those games for less than $5k cash in pocket.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    You're only getting paid $1,500 to watch the Jets play BUF, CLE and TAM? You're getting screwed. I wouldn't travel to the stadium to sit through all three of those games for less than $5k cash in pocket.
    Better that way dan...stay away...its better at the stadium with Jet fans there rather than the likes of you and the SOJF ilk

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    3x for the pats, are you kidding me? from who? New Orleans also? Why would anyone pay a premium for those seats. You can get tickets at face for the jets in foxboro.
    I have resold my Pats-Jets tix for absurd markups, among the highest I have gotten. They are right up there with Pittsburgh as far as driving prices up. MY wife and daughter were in California with my inlaws on Thanksgiving so we sold our 5 LSL seats in section 135 for Thanksgiving night for $240 each less commission and used $450 of the money to get 3 Mezz club seats on the 35 yard line for well under face. We used the money left over to feed us in the overpriced clubs. Pats fans are great. They'll spend to the hilt even for Thanksgiving.

the market will be so flooded with tickets you are kidding yourself.

woody will increase tickets for psl holders.

keep dreaming. miami pittsburgh and new orleans all suck.

its going to be a down year for jets tickets. book it.

wanna bet the jets sell upper deck tickets for $25 or buy 1 get 1. watch and see.
    Mia, Pitt and NO will get a minimum of double face (a little less if we get stuck with Thanksgiving again). I got a little less than double face for my Thanksgiving Patriots tickets this season. Had it been a normal Sunday game, it would have been triple. Always is. Miami used to be better than now, but still easily get close to double. Oakland and Pittsburgh might easily triple due to their demented, spend anything fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Mia, Pitt and NO will get a minimum of double face (a little less if we get stuck with Thanksgiving again). I got a little less than double face for my Thanksgiving Patriots tickets this season. Had it been a normal Sunday game, it would have been triple. Always is. Miami used to be better than now, but still easily get close to double. Oakland and Pittsburgh might easily triple due to their demented, spend anything fan base.
    thats great. and if you were in business selling jets tickets you would be standing on the local corner selling pencils or on welfare.

add it up guys psl fees pre season tickets parking there isnt much profit even selling tickets 2x face value for a few choice games.

dream on. why come watch them destroy the jets when they can go watch them play baltimore and watch a real football game cheaper and in a better atmosphere.
    you have no idea what you are talking about. You need to be quiet in ticket threads. You are embarrassing yourself. You should change your user name again because when anyone sees "Nike" posts, particularly in a ticket thread but elsewhere as well, we brace ourselves for your bitterness combined with abject stupidity. Not a pretty combination.

you have no idea what you are talking about. You need to be quiet in ticket threads. You are embarrassing yourself. You should change your user name again because when anyone sees "Nike" posts, particularly in a ticket thread but elsewhere as well, we brace ourselves for your bitterness combined with abject stupidity. Not a pretty combination.
    been there done that. dont kid yourself or try to bull**** those who have psls and season tickets. stop icing the cake we already licked the frosting in the bowl.

you like others dont wanna hear the truth. sorry to crash your investment dreams you made in jets season tickets.

im sure they are lining up at your door for 2013 jets tickets.

been there done that. dont kid yourself or try to bull**** those who have psls and season tickets. stop icing the cake we already licked the frosting in the bowl.

you like others dont wanna hear the truth. sorry to crash your investment dreams you made in jets season tickets.

im sure they are lining up at your door for 2013 jets tickets.
    dude, my stub hub and NFL ticket Exchange sales for my extra tickets or for games I chose not to attend speak for themselves. No problemo selling section 135. Mezz corners, other than SAR's 1st row, a little tougher but always netted at least face. LSL almost always net well over face. Very happy with that. Can you imagine what happens when the Jets right their ship. Gold.

dude, my stub hub and NFL ticket Exchange sales for my extra tickets or for games I chose not to attend speak for themselves. No problemo selling section 135. Mezz corners, other than SAR's 1st row, a little tougher but always netted at least face. LSL almost always net well over face. Very happy with that. Can you imagine what happens when the Jets right their ship. Gold.
    i didnt sell game tickets ever up until this season i did the 1 game i retained on thanksgiving night to a neighbor jets fan. id give them away or collect them if i couldnt make the game.

anyone who says they profit off of jets tickets is a flat out liar.

owning season tickets for 30 years i know all the ins and outs and all bull**** lies some spew.

i lost on psls and you will too. mark my words.
    Last edited by Nike; 01-01-2013 at 01:29 PM.