Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 132

Thread: Great News for the phony STH'ers

  1. #101
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Aren't there endzone seats in the mezzanine and lower levels also? Do they have bad views as well?
    I have row 2 Endzone Mezz seats and it is a great view, actually the same view as the game film to review plays... Also a great view on how Snachez fails to look around the field and locks in on a spot.

  2. #102
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Because he has the best seats in the house, no questions should be asked of him seats wise, he is the know all end all about everything. And excited to sell his seats in his new role as ticket broker. Got to pay for that 3 series...
    I'm sorry, I don't support Rex Ryan and the team's direction right now. I've been a season ticket holder for 12 years, and was the first in line to buy PSL's. I love the Jets and there's nothing I love more than going to games with my family.

    I think that speaks volumes as to what the Jets front office is currently doing. If they can lose a fan like me, there in a bit of trouble. Either way, I'm not selling my PSL's and am in this for the 30 year long haul. But I just can't go to games and watch a coach screw up and players not play hard. I'm sorry, I just can't do it for all eight games. I'm just going to go to four. I'll sell those other games and make a little bit of money, makes it a little easier to stomach.

    SAR I

  3. #103
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i thought you never sold your tickets and only did so this season because of hernia surgery.
    From 2001-2009 I lived 5 hours away in NH and could only attend 4-5 games a season. Often, the Miami games were on Sunday nights or Monday nights and those were definitely a no go for me.

    Since I go to games with my kids, even in MetLife Stadium I find it very difficult to attend Thursday nighters, Sunday nighters, and Monday nighters. Those are the games I often sell, I cannot justify having the kids up until 1 AM on a school night.

    SAR I

  4. #104
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,720
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    From 2001-2009 I lived 5 hours away in NH and could only attend 4-5 games a season. Often, the Miami games were on Sunday nights or Monday nights and those were definitely a no go for me.

    Since I go to games with my kids, even in MetLife Stadium I find it very difficult to attend Thursday nighters, Sunday nighters, and Monday nighters. Those are the games I often sell, I cannot justify having the kids up until 1 AM on a school night.

    SAR I
    You don't have to justify anything to anybody on how you spend your money.

  5. #105
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    You don't have to justify anything to anybody on how you spend your money.
    Thank you, I just wanted to clarify before things get out of hand.

    I'm sure I'm not the only season-ticket holder that's had enough of the Rex Ryan circus. After a while, it starts to suck the life out of you. Part of it is because we don't get a day off. It seems like since 2008, it's been nonstop Jets during weeks and months that traditionally would give us downtime.

    There's been nothing going on with the Yankees for the past month. It lets me forget the playoff disappointment, recharge the enthusiasm, and get ready for April. With the Jets, no opportunity like that exists. I miss the NHL terribly right now, as it usually helps me get away from the Jets season-end nonsense.

    SAR I

  6. #106
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phony STH's have been the norm for years way before PSL's. Giants stadium was littered with brokered seats creating a transient atmosphere. Had seats in the UD as a kid/teen and now LL's and it has slighty changed with the PSL's. Nothing new here.

  7. #107
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Phony STH's have been the norm for years way before PSL's. Giants stadium was littered with brokered seats creating a transient atmosphere. Had seats in the UD as a kid/teen and now LL's and it has slighty changed with the PSL's. Nothing new here.
    Something that needs to be said is pretty obvious but people don't recognize it:

    Attending 10 home games is simply impossible for most people. If the average season-ticket holder is a 42 year old dad, he's got young kids, he's got a wife, he has a high-pressure job, and you just can't make every contest. Take your Thursday nighters, your Monday nighters, and your Sunday nighters. The Jets recently, that's been two or three games a year. Working dad with young kids? Impossible to go to those kinds of games.

    Not to mention, you've got Little League travel baseball, Pop Warner football, ballet, soccer and all the other commitments that take place on football Sundays. I love the Jets, but I can't ignore the commitments that are important to my kids and my family.

    In a typical year, we will attend one preseason game and six regular-season games. For the Sunday nighters, and Monday nighters I will sell them on StubHub for the most money I can. If it turns out that enemy fans are buying them instead of Jets fans, I can't control that. It's not good business to eat $500 worth of tickets just to ensure that a Dolphins fan isn't sitting in my seats on a Monday at 12:00 AM.

    SAR I

  8. #108
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least for me, I LOVE the night games. Being a college student with a part time job helps. The atmospheres are awesome.

  9. #109
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Something that needs to be said is pretty obvious but people don't recognize it:

    Attending 10 home games is simply impossible for most people. If the average season-ticket holder is a 42 year old dad, he's got young kids, he's got a wife, he has a high-pressure job, and you just can't make every contest. Take your Thursday nighters, your Monday nighters, and your Sunday nighters. The Jets recently, that's been two or three games a year. Working dad with young kids? Impossible to go to those kinds of games.

    Not to mention, you've got Little League travel baseball, Pop Warner football, ballet, soccer and all the other commitments that take place on football Sundays. I love the Jets, but I can't ignore the commitments that are important to my kids and my family.

    In a typical year, we will attend one preseason game and six regular-season games. For the Sunday nighters, and Monday nighters I will sell them on StubHub for the most money I can. If it turns out that enemy fans are buying them instead of Jets fans, I can't control that. It's not good business to eat $500 worth of tickets just to ensure that a Dolphins fan isn't sitting in my seats on a Monday at 12:00 AM.

    SAR I
    Everything you said is correct but the amount of full season tickets that were for sale through the years via Ebay, ticket sites, brokers and scalpers was high. Like I said I've seen it at different seat sections for a long time.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Something that needs to be said is pretty obvious but people don't recognize it:

    Attending 10 home games is simply impossible for most people. If the average season-ticket holder is a 42 year old dad, he's got young kids, he's got a wife, he has a high-pressure job, and you just can't make every contest. Take your Thursday nighters, your Monday nighters, and your Sunday nighters. The Jets recently, that's been two or three games a year. Working dad with young kids? Impossible to go to those kinds of games.

    Not to mention, you've got Little League travel baseball, Pop Warner football, ballet, soccer and all the other commitments that take place on football Sundays. I love the Jets, but I can't ignore the commitments that are important to my kids and my family.

    In a typical year, we will attend one preseason game and six regular-season games. For the Sunday nighters, and Monday nighters I will sell them on StubHub for the most money I can. If it turns out that enemy fans are buying them instead of Jets fans, I can't control that. It's not good business to eat $500 worth of tickets just to ensure that a Dolphins fan isn't sitting in my seats on a Monday at 12:00 AM.

    SAR I
    blah blah blah blah

    you knew all about those commitments prior to signing on right? what happened to the longtime diehard investment gold i attend every game from the best seats in the house fan that you once were?

    so if that dolphin fan is a blue collar fireman dirtbagger as you call them and burps and farts all game its ok because you sold them the ticket and you didnt lose any money?

    dont call stay home at pretzel chompers fair weather fans when you come here making excuses for why you dont go to the games they too have valid excuses.

  11. #111
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay!


  12. #112
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,723
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Something that needs to be said is pretty obvious but people don't recognize it:

    Attending 10 home games is simply impossible for most people. If the average season-ticket holder is a 42 year old dad, he's got young kids, he's got a wife, he has a high-pressure job, and you just can't make every contest. Take your Thursday nighters, your Monday nighters, and your Sunday nighters. The Jets recently, that's been two or three games a year. Working dad with young kids? Impossible to go to those kinds of games.

    Not to mention, you've got Little League travel baseball, Pop Warner football, ballet, soccer and all the other commitments that take place on football Sundays. I love the Jets, but I can't ignore the commitments that are important to my kids and my family.

    In a typical year, we will attend one preseason game and six regular-season games. For the Sunday nighters, and Monday nighters I will sell them on StubHub for the most money I can. If it turns out that enemy fans are buying them instead of Jets fans, I can't control that. It's not good business to eat $500 worth of tickets just to ensure that a Dolphins fan isn't sitting in my seats on a Monday at 12:00 AM.

    SAR I
    So true. The only reason I sold off my PSLs before this season was that I wasnt using the tickets nearly enough to justify keeping them. I would have last minute things come up, games re-scheduled, child illness and end up eating the tickets. Nobody can fault a season ticket holder for trying to offset their annual cost by selling off games they can not attend.

  13. #113
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So true. The only reason I sold off my PSLs before this season was that I wasnt using the tickets nearly enough to justify keeping them. I would have last minute things come up, games re-scheduled, child illness and end up eating the tickets. Nobody can fault a season ticket holder for trying to offset their annual cost by selling off games they can not attend.
    you just got to love how all the non season ticket holders profess how little we will get for resales when the reality is that PSL locations out of the endzone command substantially higher than face even when the Jets suck.

  14. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    you just got to love how all the non season ticket holders profess how little we will get for resales when the reality is that PSL locations out of the endzone command substantially higher than face even when the Jets suck.
    is this true? what locations are bringing in the bucks? my old seats were $295 a game i was never able to sell any games for even face value.

  15. #115
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,723
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    is this true? what locations are bringing in the bucks? my old seats were $295 a game i was never able to sell any games for even face value.
    My seats used to be in 111a, face of $145. Last year I was able to sell them easily for $300. The Giants game I was able to get $475. I can not speak to this years value, because I didnt have tickets.

  16. #116
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    is this true? what locations are bringing in the bucks? my old seats were $295 a game i was never able to sell any games for even face value.
    LSL. Section 135 for one. My friends in 142 have the same results. My Mezz corners in 245a, when I had them, almost always went for more than face.

    Club seats like your alleged old ones are the biggest losers. (Upper deck too, but lets not interject non-PSL seats. Whole different animal, with entirely different economics). Mezz Clubs like "yours" are way overpriced. I happen to like the club seats in the cold/wet weather. A few times we sold the 135s for over face several weeks/months ahead and used the money to buy Mezz club seats the day before the game for considerably less than what we got for the 135's. For late November - January games, this strategy has been sensational for us. We've done it 3 times already. For example: Sold my 5 135's on Stub Hub for the Thanksgiving game for a ridiculous over face price in early October (most likely to one of those spend-anything Pats fans). My wife and daughter spent Thanksgiving at my sister in laws house in California (first Thanksgiving after the death of my mother-in-law). Me and the 2 boys stayed here in NJ for the holiday. Waited until about 10 days before Thanksgiving game and bought 4 tickets to 35 yard line in Mezz Clubs for us and my older son's g/f for ... gulp... $160 (after commission) each with a free Green parking pass. Ended up with enough extra money to buy the overpriced food in the clubs. Had we waited for a day or two before the game, would have got those seats for $125 each. (Face value $295.. har, har, har). Lower Sidelines PSL seats = Gold.
    Last edited by Dcat; 01-02-2013 at 12:56 PM.

  17. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    LSL. Section 135 for one. My friends in 142 have the same results. My Mezz corners in 245a, when I had them, almost always went for more than face.

    Club seats like your alleged old ones are the biggest losers. (Upper deck too, but lets not interject non-PSL seats. Whole different animal, with entirely different economics). Mezz Clubs like "yours" are way overpriced. I happen to like the club seats in the cold/wet weather. A few times we sold the 135s for over face several weeks/months ahead and used the money to buy Mezz club seats the day before the game for considerably less than what we got for the 135's. For late November - January games, this strategy has been sensational for us. We've done it 3 times already. For example: Sold my 5 135's on Stub Hub for the Thanksgiving game for a ridiculous over face price in early October (most likely to one of those spend-anything Pats fans). My wife and daughter spent Thanksgiving at my sister in laws house in California (first Thanksgiving after the death of my mother-in-law). Me and the 2 boys stayed here in NJ for the holiday. Waited until about 10 days before Thanksgiving game and bought 4 tickets to 35 yard line in Mezz Clubs for us and my older son's g/f for ... gulp... $160 (after commission) each with a free Green parking pass. Ended up with enough extra money to buy the overpriced food in the clubs. Had we waited for a day or two before the game, would have got those seats for $125 each. (Face value $295.. har, har, har). Lower Sidelines PSL seats = Gold.
    I have to agree with Dcat. I also have 4 seats in Sec 135. I've never sold a single ticket for a loss.
    Clubs are a different animal. I'm sure if the jets were a 12-4 team and actually competitive, club resales would be much better. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened the past 2 years. I can't speak for year 1 in Metlife, but i would imagine resale values weren't too bad during that first year.

  18. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Club seats like your alleged old ones are the biggest losers. (Upper deck too, but lets not interject non-PSL seats. Whole different animal, with entirely different economics). Mezz Clubs like "yours" are way overpriced.
    i made a very bad decision when i bought those seats. i went on the tour and just had to have those seats.the atmosphere the location. i was an upper decker prior to that and knew i couldnt enjoy the game from there.

    i had the money no mortgages, bills all paid,college tuitions in the bank,owned all my vehicles i figured why the hell not splurge on the jets a part of my life.

    then reality set in $295 a game x4 preseason included. 2 friends bailed and couldnt afford the game ticket let alone the psl fees that i had already paid. family only wanted to go when they felt the urge. i couldnt justify giving game tickets away at $295 a pop. my new tickets psls paid in full $125 per game.

    a friend hooked me up with this broker and we made it work for me if not i cash in and chalk it up as a life lesson learned better to have failed at an attempt than to have not tried at all.
    Last edited by Nike; 01-02-2013 at 01:22 PM.

  19. #119
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    blah blah blah blah

    you knew all about those commitments prior to signing on right? what happened to the longtime diehard investment gold i attend every game from the best seats in the house fan that you once were?

    so if that dolphin fan is a blue collar fireman dirtbagger as you call them and burps and farts all game its ok because you sold them the ticket and you didnt lose any money?

    dont call stay home at pretzel chompers fair weather fans when you come here making excuses for why you dont go to the games they too have valid excuses.
    In the first three years in the new stadium, 30 games, I attended 24 of them. I'm guessing that puts me in the Top 20% of all season ticket holders.

    Getting back to what matters, where's Page 3 of your PSL agreement GMC II? You know, the one that doesn't exist. You know, the one that proves you're a lying fraud. You know, the one that'll shut me up but good. Talk about that, Generator Boy.

    SAR I

  20. #120
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So true. The only reason I sold off my PSLs before this season was that I wasnt using the tickets nearly enough to justify keeping them. I would have last minute things come up, games re-scheduled, child illness and end up eating the tickets. Nobody can fault a season ticket holder for trying to offset their annual cost by selling off games they can not attend.
    Yup.

    I chose seats that I knew would do well on resale because it's just how it goes, can't go to every game every season, just too much going on with 4 kids under 14 right now.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us