Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Great News for the phony STH'ers

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Many JI members do not believe that you are being honest with us, that you laid out $75,000 for PSL's and sold them for $25,000. You invade every PSL thread (actually, you start several PSL threads) and then make a claim that you lost $50,000 and don't care.
    SAR I
    i dont play sar says. let me remind you again i dont work for you.

i paid $60k for 4 psls cash money something you know nothing about it.

i traded/sold the original 4 to a broker who had other seats in that location and a corporation wanted 4 more. in return i got $17.5 cash and 4 new seats with completely paid psls in another location. i have the option of cashing out and recieving an additional $12.5 prior to the invoice due date for 2013 season tickets. i sold the patriots thanksgiving game the broker gave me for $500 so if i cash out i lose $29.5 total not $50k.

i basically turned in a lease car and walked away. maybe that will help you understand.

i made a poor decision on my original purchase at least i got something back you wont get a dime.
    Last edited by Nike; 01-01-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Fans with strong traveling fanbases like Pittsburgh, Oakland, Miami, and New England spend a lot of money on flights, hotels, food, and rental cars. They don't skimp on gameday tickets.

Putting seats up for sale before the season starts ensures that those lucrative out-of-state enemy fans have time to make a good selection and pay top-dollar. My seats got 2x face value in 10 minutes when I put them up for sale 3 days before the 49ers game that I couldn't attend due to surgery. Had I put them up for sale in July I could have gotten 3x face value easy.

Row 1. Mezzanine. Visitors side. Resale gold. Jets fans are cheap, always looking for a deal, lousy customers. Visiting fans, the best.

SAR I
    Miami cant even sell 80% of their stadium, and they have a huge traveling fanbase???

Just stop.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by abs9940 View Post
    It's called a weekend in NYC. Blows away Baltimore and Pittsburg. Last time I checked, nyc is a popular travel destination for millions every year.
    Sad but true also is that there are hundreds of thousands of Patriots, Steeler, Cowboy, Raider, Dolphin, and 49ers fans in the NYC metro area.

Goes without saying that the Giants and Jets were awful in the late 70's and early 80's when these teams were in their glory, lots of 15 year olds eschewed the New York local NFL clubs and adpoted one of these instead.

So it's not only Raider fans flying in from Oakland as much as it's Raider fans driving in from Long Island and wanting a premium seat because they only get to see their favorite team in the flesh once every 4/5 years.

As always, the math sets you free. 82,500 seats. 27,000 upper deck with bad views. 12,500 Club seats too pricey. 15,000 seats in the end zones. That leaves 28,000 PSL seats with very good views that someone would sit in for a very special game. Those 28,000 good seats are 33% of the total seats in the stadium. If that percentage is constant over the typical 8,000 StubHub seats for sale each week, that means that only 2,600 seats are available for Steeler, Dolphin, Patriot, Raider, and Saints fans to get ahold of and that's not a lot.

And where to we see these fans? Game after game after game? That's right. On the LL and Mezz behind the road bench. Those aren't $50 upper deck seats and they don't get $50 upper deck prices. Some 49er fan paid me 2x face value 3 days before kickoff to see his team. $1000 to see an out-of-conference matchup between an elite NFC team and a pathetic AFC team.

So in a down year, fear not. Don't give up your PSL's and take a bath. Sell the good games, break even, attend a few games for free, look forward to 2014 when this Rex Ryan nightmare ends.

SAR I

Sad but true also is that there are hundreds of thousands of Patriots, Steeler, Cowboy, Raider, Dolphin, and 49ers fans in the NYC metro area.

Goes without saying that the Giants and Jets were awful in the late 70's and early 80's when these teams were in their glory, lots of 15 year olds eschewed the New York local NFL clubs and adpoted one of these instead.

So it's not only Raider fans flying in from Oakland as much as it's Raider fans driving in from Long Island and wanting a premium seat because they only get to see their favorite team in the flesh once every 4/5 years.

As always, the math sets you free. 82,500 seats. 27,000 upper deck with bad views. 12,500 Club seats too pricey. 15,000 seats in the end zones. That leaves 28,000 PSL seats with very good views that someone would sit in for a very special game. Those 28,000 good seats are 33% of the total seats in the stadium. If that percentage is constant over the typical 8,000 StubHub seats for sale each week, that means that only 2,600 seats are available for Steeler, Dolphin, Patriot, Raider, and Saints fans to get ahold of and that's not a lot.

And where to we see these fans? Game after game after game? That's right. On the LL and Mezz behind the road bench. Those aren't $50 upper deck seats and they don't get $50 upper deck prices. Some 49er fan paid me 2x face value 3 days before kickoff to see his team. $1000 to see an out-of-conference matchup between an elite NFC team and a pathetic AFC team.

So in a down year, fear not. Don't give up your PSL's and take a bath. Sell the good games, break even, attend a few games for free, look forward to 2014 when this Rex Ryan nightmare ends.

SAR I
    What do you have against end zone seats, mate?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Nothing at all.

It's just that as someone who has gone to road games in about a dozen NFL cities, the last thing you want to scimp on is the view of the game itself. Trust me, you wouldn't spend $2000 to travel to Kansas City to see the Jets play the season opener and then get upper deck tickets because you were taking the cheap route.

Traveling fans pay big bucks for seats because $250 for a seat is not expensive in the context of a $2000 weekend. And with $125 face, it's only a $125 uptick to sit in a great location. And for a very desirable contest or a Row 1 location, a $250 uptick is still not a lot of money. It's how it works.

SAR I

Nothing at all.

It's just that as someone who has gone to road games in about a dozen NFL cities, the last thing you want to scimp on is the view of the game itself. Trust me, you wouldn't spend $2000 to travel to Kansas City to see the Jets play the season opener and then get upper deck tickets because you were taking the cheap route.

Traveling fans pay big bucks for seats because $250 for a seat is not expensive in the context of a $2000 weekend. And with $125 face, it's only a $125 uptick to sit in a great location. And for a very desirable contest or a Row 1 location, a $250 uptick is still not a lot of money. It's how it works.

SAR I
    Aren't there endzone seats in the mezzanine and lower levels also? Do they have bad views as well?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Aren't there endzone seats in the mezzanine and lower levels also? Do they have bad views as well?
    Yes. Mezz B and the lowest of the LL's. They don't command strong prices the way certain Mezz A and LL's do.

SAR I

Yes. Mezz B and the lowest of the LL's. They don't command strong prices the way certain Mezz A and LL's do.

SAR I
    So am I sucker for having LLEZ corner seats? You are the authority to go to for any SARxplanations anybody needs regarding seating in the Stadium, mate!
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 01-02-2013 at 12:12 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Miami cant even sell 80% of their stadium, and they have a huge traveling fanbase???

Just stop.
    Dolphins have a lot of traveling fans at Metlife...from Bergen County.

One thing to remember here...when will these games be scheduled?

If we get Pittsburgh in September or October that game can sell for 2-3 times face value and the last row of the upper deck could sell for $200 a ticket. If we get them on Thanksgiving Night or in December be happy with face value.

Oakland doesn't have the fan base out here that it once did and the team isn't as good as it used to be that could still get double face in certain parts of the stadium not all.

Miami tickets went for below face value this year. Was before Sandy but still like I said all depends on when the game is scheduled. In 2011 we played them on MNF and I know people who got seats for below face.

All depends when we play these teams and what times we play them.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

So am I sucker for having LLEZ corner seats? You are the authority to go to for any SARxplanations anybody needs regarding seating in the Stadium, mate!
    Corner seats are dicey because some of them give a semi-sideline perspective and some are dead behind the end line.

You can answer the question for me, actually. Have you been unable to attend an elite contest and sold them on StubHub? If so, how much did you get? My max was 2x face value for the 49ers. I've seen other Row 1 Mezz A corners go for more than that. What's yours?

SAR I

Corner seats are dicey because some of them give a semi-sideline perspective and some are dead behind the end line.

You can answer the question for me, actually. Have you been unable to attend an elite contest and sold them on StubHub? If so, how much did you get? My max was 2x face value for the 49ers. I've seen other Row 1 Mezz A corners go for more than that. What's yours?

SAR I
    Haven't missed an elite game yet, so the only baseline I have is that I needed an extra ticket for the 49ers game, and paid like 200 (face is 125) for a seat in the same section, in a row close to where mine are...

you wouldn't spend $2000 to travel to Kansas City to see the Jets play the season opener and then get upper deck tickets because you were taking the cheap route.
    I wouldn't pay $2000 to travel to kansas City, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    I wouldn't pay $2000 to travel to kansas City, period.
    For me it is Joe Robbie. Not a big foodie or drinker anymore so NO don't hold the same appeal it used to. Got family in Charlotte so that is always a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    One thing to remember here...when will these games be scheduled?

If we get Pittsburgh in September or October that game can sell for 2-3 times face value and the last row of the upper deck could sell for $200 a ticket. If we get them on Thanksgiving Night or in December be happy with face value.

Oakland doesn't have the fan base out here that it once did and the team isn't as good as it used to be that could still get double face in certain parts of the stadium not all.

Miami tickets went for below face value this year. Was before Sandy but still like I said all depends on when the game is scheduled. In 2011 we played them on MNF and I know people who got seats for below face.

All depends when we play these teams and what times we play them.
    Pittsburgh would sell for near, at or over 2x face value if the game was played at midnight during a 4 foot snow shower in March after the NFL had to postpone the season three months due to World War III.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Dolphins have a lot of traveling fans at Metlife...from Bergen County.
    Yep.

There are more Miami fans in NJ/NYC than in Miami. I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Yep.

There are more Miami fans in NJ/NYC than in Miami. I'm sure of it.
    I have not seen a lot of Miami fans in Foxboro since Marino retired. In the 80s the only time you seen a lot of women in the stadium was when Marino came to town.
    Miami travels a little better than some other teams in that flights are cheap between miami and the east coast. The last trip was $650 for 3 nights on the beach in Lauderdale., airfare and tickets and food.
    Last edited by patman; 01-02-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I have not seen a lot of Miami fans in Foxboro since Marino retired. In the 80s the only time you seen a lot of women in the stadium was when Marino came to town.
    Miami travels a little better than some other teams in that flights are cheap between miami and the east coast. The last trip was $650 for 3 nights on the beach in Lauderdale., airfare and tickets and food.
    Miami fans don't go to Foxboro because it's a certain loss.

Miami fans who don't live in NYC go to East Rutherford because it's a certain win.

Since I've owned my season tickets in 2001, I have never gotten below face value for a home Miami game.

SAR I

Miami fans don't go to Foxboro because it's a certain loss.

Miami fans who don't live in NYC go to East Rutherford because it's a certain win.

Since I've owned my season tickets in 2001, I have never gotten below face value for a home Miami game.

SAR I
    i thought you never sold your tickets and only did so this season because of hernia surgery.

Because he has the best seats in the house, no questions should be asked of him seats wise, he is the know all end all about everything. And excited to sell his seats in his new role as ticket broker. Got to pay for that 3 series...