Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Radio Host Opinion: REX could have some input on GM !!

Radio Host Opinion: REX could have some input on GM !!

This was just mentioned by Kay/La Greca while talking to Steve Young...if this is actually true, that Rex will have input as to who the next GM will be, then any Jet fan worth their salt has to be done with this team !!...this means that Rex is now HC/GM and this move by Woody is just a band aid. The new "GM" hire will be no more than a puppet to Rex...Woody is lost...completely and totally lost.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    This was just mentioned by Kay/La Greca while talking to Steve Young...if this is actually true, that Rex will have input as to who the next GM will be, then any Jet fan worth their salt has to be done with this team !!...this means that Rex is now HC/GM and this move by Woody is just a band aid. The new "GM" hire will be no more than a puppet to Rex...Woody is lost...completely and totally lost.....
    rex should appoint himself and hire a head coach then

Wait a minute.

Then why would Woody go out and hire a firm/somebody to help him pick a GM?

I don't buy this. FOR A SECOND

IF its true, that would be insane. Why couldn't Woody say Rex's future is up to the new GM, why did Woody make a football decision? DAMMIT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Wait a minute.

Then why would Woody go out and hire a firm/somebody to help him pick a GM?

I don't buy this.
    You shouldn't, Rex wasn't even able to fire any of his staff today

Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    And that;s another thing. If Rex had that much input, he would be able to fire his own staff members.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    why does tony sparano still have his job?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    And that;s another thing. If Rex had that much input, he would be able to fire his own staff members.
    Precisely my point

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    It's gonna be up to new gm, all assistants are taking a week off.

If true, as seemingly impossible as it sounds, we will become an even bigger laughing stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    It's like Tanny's situation. It's not official, but all signs are pointing to him being fired too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Surely you JEST Rex doesn't know ****, he shouldn't have input anything except for our weekly game plan on defense.

All League
    I hate posts like this.

Your thread title is deceiving. You offer no source- it's just heresay and is some media hack's opinion.

Mods, please change this misleading thread title.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cleveland fired its HC and GM today. They also said they will hire the HC first! This is how it works in a lot of places. When you believe you have a good head coach you find the right GM who can support that coach and get him the tools he needs to deploy his vision and run his scheme.

Settle down folks. Everyone is speculating right now. Remember just a day ago we were being told Tanny was going to be demoted and that he would remain a part of the organization. How many said that? A lot of these insiders and journalist will say anything to get air time and stir a buzz. Wait until the announcement is made by the team before we start flipping out.

I disagree. All Woody has to say to Rex is, "I want your input on our next GM. But just remember this guy is your boss after he's hired and he's going to do what HE deems necessary for this team". He won't be answering to you. You will be answering to him.

Rex doesn't have a problem with respect for others including those higher than him in the organization. He wouldn't have gotten the job to coach the NYJ unless he could respect his bosses.

That thought also goes to common sense as he respects all of his players, and his players, as a result, exhibit more honesty and integrity toward him than they have probably ever exhibited to anyone else. They feel bound by a higher standard. The players always speak in glowing terms about Rex. That's a result of how they themselves have been treated.

If you all of you Rex Ryan critics can't grasp something as simple as common sense from what you see and hear yourself, then I don't have any hope for you.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You work with people, not for them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King3
    Sheesh, step away from the ledge! Having Rex talk to gm candidates seems totally normal. They're going to be working together for a year at least.

But yeah, because of this we should be totally done with the team...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Cleveland fired its HC and GM today. They also said they will hire the HC first! This is how it works in a lot of places. When you believe you have a good head coach you find the right GM who can support that coach and get him the tools he needs to deploy his vision and run his scheme.
    Eh, I'm not so sure. This is Cleveland we're talking about. I think last time they also hired Mangini before hiring a GM the last time.

The fact that Rex would have any say at all as to who Woody should hire is ridiculous !!...you are missing the point...the reason the team is in the shape it is in is because of REX !!...it is starting to come out now that Rex was calling all the shots on the draft picks and FA signings......remember Rex talking about the Stephen Hill pick and laughing ?..it was almost like he threw Tanny a bone and let him have at least one pick....Rex and his EGO ARE the problem !!