Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58

Thread: Radio Host Opinion: REX could have some input on GM !!

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    don't let facts get in the way of a good panic thread on teh Pfail.
    yessir!!!!!

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,072
    Wow

    40 mostly frantic posts because someone heard Giant fan LaGreca and Klueless Kay say this on their hideous waste of radio time.

    A few days later we had a similar torrent of angry SOJFs because Fatso on the FAN made up a tale about Pettine that "everybody" knew was true and now days later not a single member of "everybody" has substantiated Fatso's myth

    The gullibility level of some of the posters here is amazing....truly amazing

  3. #43
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Union County, NJ
    Posts
    859
    As I explain to my 12 year old son, don't approach another individual wearing a Jets jacket or hat. There is a good chance that they are one of the WAYY to many SOJ Fans that always think the sky is falling. Saying how every "real" Jets fan should be done with this team if this or that happens. Anyone that would be done with their team over anything other then moving away, was never really a fan to begin with.

    True, right now things are not great, but all I can do is hope they get better. Woody owns this team, there is nothing I can do about that even if I wanted too. I do not get to pick the players or the coaches, I can just root for the team.

    Have a Happy New Year and don't take this stuff so seriously!

  4. #44
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I think Rex Ryan's job is still up in the air.

    My reason:

    Why is nobody on the Jets in management allowed to speak to the media and the end of season post conference cancelled.


    Rex has a Job until the GM is hired and then that person will decide on Rex. If Woody fired him today with 2 yrs left on his contract, it would have been a mistake. Atleast the team still has some sort of a head.

    THIS!!

    The notion that Rex will have any input on the new GM is laughable at best. He and the entire coaching staff are in limbo until the GM is in place.

    Meanwhile, the search party Woody hired is putting together a pretty formidable list of candidates for Woody to interview....

  5. #45
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Killingworth, CT
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Wow

    40 mostly frantic posts because someone heard Giant fan LaGreca and Klueless Kay say this on their hideous waste of radio time.

    A few days later we had a similar torrent of angry SOJFs because Fatso on the FAN made up a tale about Pettine that "everybody" knew was true and now days later not a single member of "everybody" has substantiated Fatso's myth

    The gullibility level of some of the posters here is amazing....truly amazing
    In the absence of real information this is what happens. Lots of good points. Any of which can be true. The owner should have at least had a presser today to address some of these questions which would naturally arise. Again this further illustrates his lack of leadership and how he sets the bad culture that thrives in the Jet organization.

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    That was not my interpretation of Woody's statement at all. He backed Rex as fully as one possibly could, I think it's a 100% certainty that Rex will be back next season. Woody could have given a statement such as "Rex is under contract at this time" and left the door open to the new GM having the authority to fire or keep Rex.
    If Rex is 100% sure to return, then what would it hurt for him to address the media in his scheduled post season press statement. Like someone said today, even the fired Andy Reid was allowed to address the media.


    Rex is in Limbo.

  7. #47
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,742
    Jets fans.

    Buying bridges and believing "beat" reporters for over a decade online.


    Sent from a phone using an app

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I think Rex Ryan's job is still up in the air.

    My reason:

    Why is nobody on the Jets in management allowed to speak to the media and the end of season post conference cancelled.


    Rex has a Job until the GM is hired and then that person will decide on Rex. If Woody fired him today with 2 yrs left on his contract, it would have been a mistake. Atleast the team still has some sort of a head.
    I was thinking (hoping?) the same thing. Get a good GM and go from there. It should mean Rex the buffoon is on thin ice.

  9. #49
    It's very obvious now that there was a big problem with the management of this team over the last couple of years. Tanny getting fired the day after the season ended is proof that Woody knew where the heart of the problem was. The signing of Tebow and the inability to give Rex the weapons he needed for his offense was the last straw. Rex kept saying that he was starting Sanchez because he was the Jets best chance to win. Well he was right sad to say. As bad as Sanchez is he is the best Tanny was able to give him along with a makeshift O line and a clueless OC. I'm not saying Rex is totally safe but I do think he deserves to stay another season as HC. This team can absolutely get back on track to winning with just a few added pieces as they have a full draft ahead of them. I expect Woody to hire a good GM very soon as time is a factor with so many teams in need. The most glaring need of this team is obviously QB for it to live up to expectations. I can only imagine how good this jets team could have been if the offense just minimized mistakes better and had half the success it had last year in the red zone. That is something I know can be fixed in one season with a good GM and a good draft! I am looking forward to the changes and I feel relieved that the season is finally over. I definitely feel that 2013 will be a good year for the NY Jets

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    This was just mentioned by Kay/La Greca while talking to Steve Young...if this is actually true, that Rex will have input as to who the next GM will be, then any Jet fan worth their salt has to be done with this team !!...this means that Rex is now HC/GM and this move by Woody is just a band aid. The new "GM" hire will be no more than a puppet to Rex...Woody is lost...completely and totally lost.....
    DUMP! this thread lack substance.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Cleveland fired its HC and GM today. They also said they will hire the HC first! This is how it works in a lot of places. When you believe you have a good head coach you find the right GM who can support that coach and get him the tools he needs to deploy his vision and run his scheme.
    Kansas City is doing the same thing. They fired Crennel, and will hire a new HC before determining the fate of GM Paoli.

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,695
    An input is just that. It don't mean sh!t

  13. #53
    This thread is a Joke and JI GARBAGE DUMP worthy.


    I mean posting FAKE NEWS('cause that's what the OP did) should be a bannable offense....

    There's no Link or any PROOF of this ever taken place.....


    (and even if it did, taking the word of two guys who have ZERO CLUE what is going on in the Jets Organization right now is just plain asinine)

  14. #54
    Yes, don't be stupid. Rex is still there in a leadership position. Of course Woody will talk to him about this hire. Think about critical hires in your own organizations. Rex is still there. Of course they will talk.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Wow

    40 mostly frantic posts because someone heard Giant fan LaGreca and Klueless Kay say this on their hideous waste of radio time.

    A few days later we had a similar torrent of angry SOJFs because Fatso on the FAN made up a tale about Pettine that "everybody" knew was true and now days later not a single member of "everybody" has substantiated Fatso's myth

    The gullibility level of some of the posters here is amazing....truly amazing
    So you didn't give credence to Basset's info that last season the Jets required Pettine to use a specific phone?

  16. #56
    Rex has input on the GM search like I have input on when my wife wants to have sex.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    The fact that Rex would have any say at all as to who Woody should hire is ridiculous !!...you are missing the point...the reason the team is in the shape it is in is because of REX !!...it is starting to come out now that Rex was calling all the shots on the draft picks and FA signings......remember Rex talking about the Stephen Hill pick and laughing ?..it was almost like he threw Tanny a bone and let him have at least one pick....Rex and his EGO ARE the problem !!
    And how exactly do you come to that conclusion? Just because that's what you think? Sorry, but I'm going to have to go on the facts.

    The facts are Tanny is gone. That means Woody did not like the job Tanny was doing and felt compelled to replace him. The fact is Rex Ryan is staying. That means Woody likes the job that Rex Ryan is doing. He thinks he's a very good coach that he fully supports.

    Those are the FACTS. This nonsense that you claim is nothing more than your opinion. It's not based in fact, it's based on what you pulled out of your rear end.

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,072
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So you didn't give credence to Basset's info that last season the Jets required Pettine to use a specific phone?
    Is that why you dragged me all the way up here Lt Kaffey??? to ask me about footlockers and phone calls?? I'm leaving now and going back to my post...


    No C Mart....but the fat pig on WFAN said that "Pettine was the unnamed source for ALL the leaks" and "EVERYBODY" knows it

    His lackey Schartz when asked directly would NOT confirm it

    Neither has a single member of "EVERYBODY" multi days later... not even the little lying Mehta

    Even the two tweets (including Bassetts)about phone lines began with a disclaimer saying they couldn't confirm the charge.. but

    So all we have still IS THE FAT SLOB OUT THERE ALL BY HIMSELF...



    yet there have been 16 threads and scores of outraged posts demanding hanging from the neck until dead

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us