Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you told me in August the Jets were a 6 win team...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Let me get this straight:

The Hangar has a whole day to come up with a single thread of substance worthy of the Landing Strip and this tripe from Southside was nominated "Most Likely To Succeed"?

SAR I
    Sounds about right.

Southside is way more Pfailstrip than Hampur though. Everyone knows that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    why did you have to make a thread about this?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Posting in Southside's "I told you the Jets would suck, but now that they've sucked I'm going to complain anyway" thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I would have laughed at you.

What an embarrassing debacle.
    Did you forget how miserably the Jets ended last season?

6 wins was in line with many JI predictions. I envisioned 6-8 wins with a dim chance at a postseason.

What surprises me is how we managed to even win 6 games - we played some bad teams at the right time because most of our wins weren't even close. Mark Sanchez should be out of pads and working concessions.

I can't believe we're not cleaning house outright. I think the best chance we have is for Woody to hire new brass and take a shot at getting lucky with a competent staff.

There will be no more sniffs of NFL glory for anyone hanging around Weeb Ewbank Hall II (NJ edition) as long as Rex Ryan is HC. Those two exciting teams we had are as history as Halas' Bears.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw 6-10 after all the great moves Tanny made.

Will predict 6-10, even 5-11. I'll wait to see what the new GM does and go from there. This team has one of the lowest talent pools in the nfl. Rex actually did an amazing job with the D (considering how slow many of the players are.) He has no clue about the O. This will doom this team to another loosing season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Let me get this straight:

The Hangar has a whole day to come up with a single thread of substance worthy of the Landing Strip and this tripe from Southside was nominated "Most Likely To Succeed"?

SAR I
    We are not the collective 'hive-mind' that you make us out to be.
    Besides, southside is on his own with this one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought we would win 3 or 4 games to be honest and posted about it before the beginning of the season. Keeping Ryan is a big mistake.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    6/7 wins is about where I saw us, and that was with Holmes and Revis. I just never thought this team was any good. I allowed Week 1 to raise my expectations a bit. I should have known better, would have spared me a few weeks of agony.

They should have started the rebuilding project last offseason. As a front office you have to see the window closing. Instead they tried to retool by bringing in guys on short deals, as if we were only a few players away. This was a truly wasted year.