Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: If you told me in August the Jets were a 6 win team...

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    If you told me in August the Jets were a 6 win team...

    I would have laughed at you.

    What an embarrassing debacle.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just sad no one took Ray up on his bet that no way we'd be 6-10.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,713
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I would have said 8-8, like I did. Add in no Keller, Holmes, Sanchez regression, then yes. The played like 1-15.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great thread

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,044
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking

    I had them at 5-11---That was based on:

    1. Sanchez and receiving corps--I mean we all watched how futile they were during the preseason.

    2. Holes in the OL

    3. Aging linebacker corps

    4. Hiring of Sparano and the 'ground and pound' obsession.

    5. Rex Ryan not being a Head Coach.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thankfully I've taken my Sunday's back. I haven't really invested the time in the NFL since we really hit the toilet a month or so ago. I did watch that Monday Night disaster but that was probably the first game that I watched in full in a while.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I would have laughed at you.

    What an embarrassing debacle.
    that is because you and most everyone else put to much faith in suckchez you should have listened to us when we said he sucked and was not a leader.

    i knew from the miami game last year when holmes had his meltdown if sanchez was the qb we would suck.

    sometimes the eye test is the best gauge.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought we'd do better. Never had faith in Sanchez to lead this team or be the reason for victory but didn't see him being atrocious.

    All that said, I thought our worst/main problem would be the O-line...and saw us 8-8 or 9-7.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    that is because you and most everyone else put to much faith in suckchez you should have listened to us when we said he sucked and was not a leader.

    i knew from the miami game last year when holmes had his meltdown if sanchez was the qb we would suck.

    sometimes the eye test is the best gauge.
    Yeah and I can give you a large list of players that were written off because the fans had no patience for their development. I chose to believe Mark would continue his development and that he'd play better. He didn't. I'm moving on.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the first of August, I thought they were a 8-8/10-6 team on the high end
    They had almost 6 mill in cap room and I thought they had the opportunity fill some holes trading some late picks for players or picking up players at the cut down. At the end of the preseason after they showed they would have trouble scoring I thought 8-8.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Yeah and I can give you a large list of players that were written off because the fans had no patience for their development. I chose to believe Mark would continue his development and that he'd play better. He didn't. I'm moving on.
    if he doesn't show improvment by year 3 you def move on.......i gave him the first two years because he was carried by every other unit on the field but in year 3 we saw the real suckchez.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    At the first of August, I thought they were a 8-8/10-6 team on the high end
    They had almost 6 mill in cap room and I thought they had the opportunity fill some holes trading some late picks for players or picking up players at the cut down. At the end of the preseason after they showed they would have trouble scoring I thought 8-8.
    Yeah but given the easy schedule (albeit Seattle was better than we thought they'd be with Wilson) I figured we'd still find a way to grind out some games. Losing Revis hurt. I hate Holmes so I am glad I didn't have to see him embarrass himself and the fans by doing his mindless, selfish celebrations a midst a losing season. Hopefully his ass follows Tanny's out the door.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,221
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew our offense would be as bad as it was, if you follow other teams or even play fantasy football you could see how poor we were at the skill positions. And the offensive line not close to what it was when we had Faneca and Woody. The whole offense has basically been ignored, all of our resources have gone towards defense.

    But I thought the defense would be much better, good enough to carry us to at least 8 wins. They choked in big spots repeatedly and the pass rush in particular was poor.

    And the special teams fell off a cliff, didn't see that coming either.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I knew our offense would be as bad as it was, if you follow other teams or even play fantasy football you could see how poor we were at the skill positions. And the offensive line not close to what it was when we had Faneca and Woody. The whole offense has basically been ignored, all of our resources have gone towards defense.

    But I thought the defense would be much better, good enough to carry us to at least 8 wins. They choked in big spots repeatedly and the pass rush in particular was poor.

    And the special teams fell off a cliff, didn't see that coming either.
    Lots of surprises. That's for sure. I definitely thought our offense would be mediocre and that our defense would keep us in it (Landry was a great addition, Bell I figured would be a waste but he had a great season for us IMO). All they did was lose the lead over and over and over again.

    Pettine has to go. I'm tired of seeing a great defense just crumble when the game is on the line.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Yeah and I can give you a large list of players that were written off because the fans had no patience for their development. I chose to believe Mark would continue his development and that he'd play better. He didn't. I'm moving on.
    I'm a believer in the philosophy that "Necessity is the mother of invention".
    When you give a junior out of college a blank check, you take the necessity out of the equation. When you take your time addressing the RT issue (Wayne Hunter), you get a skittish QB who becomes a first class clutz. He can't throw a freekin' screen pass now. How's that for developing a young QB is now a 32 millionaire.
    Last edited by RMJK; 12-31-2012 at 05:33 PM.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should have started Teblow from game one

    With Teblow in there we would have beaten out the Chiefs and had the first pick in the April draft

    No worse NFL QB in league history

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    We should have started Teblow from game one

    With Teblow in there we would have beaten out the Chiefs and had the first pick in the April draft

    No worse NFL QB in league history
    Dude, let it go.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    We should have started Teblow from game one

    With Teblow in there we would have beaten out the Chiefs and had the first pick in the April draft

    No worse NFL QB in league history
    You really need to stfu about Tebow. Your Schtick has gotten unreadable as of late, and I hate Tebow.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    We should have started Teblow from game one

    With Teblow in there we would have beaten out the Chiefs and had the first pick in the April draft

    No worse NFL QB in league history
    I'm not a Tebow fan at all. However, last year the Bronchos were losing and using different QBs and finally put Tebow in and went into the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh. I never understood that and I remember when he beat us and Eric Smith on a key play. The guy had magic. Again who knows when you play what if.

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Great thread
    Let me get this straight:

    The Hangar has a whole day to come up with a single thread of substance worthy of the Landing Strip and this tripe from Southside was nominated "Most Likely To Succeed"?

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us