Thread: Feeling about our WRs (with a few assumptions)

Feeling about our WRs (with a few assumptions)

Assuming:
    1) Tone can come back 100%
    2) The Jets re-sign Braylon
    3) We get a QB that can complete downfield throws

What are your feelings about a WR corps of Tone, Braylon, Kerley, Hill & Schillens/Gates/White going into next season?

I still have hope for hill, but I'd like to bring back edwards too. keller's production was really missed this season. we really need a pass catching TE as well

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Assuming:
    1) Tone can come back 100%
    2) The Jets re-sign Braylon
    3) We get a QB that can complete downfield throws

What are your feelings about a WR corps of Tone, Braylon, Kerley, Hill & Schillens/Gates/White going into next season?
    i feel good with this group as long as we acquire a qb who will get them the ball and an offensive coordinator who will utilize them all to the best of thier ability.

#3 is the only assumption (and a very bold one at that) that excites me. This team needs to start anew.

Feel good about it considering Kerley was our top guy for most of this season.

Another assumption though is assuming Braylon will work out alright with a guy not named Mark Sanchez, because in San Fran and Seattle it didn't turn out so well.

Hall Of Fame
    Our WR corp is terrible as discussed at length last week.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I still have hope for hill, but I'd like to bring back edwards too. keller's production was really missed this season. we really need a pass catching TE as well
    Holmes will not be back. He is a cancer. Keller is a soft ass *****. See ya since Sanchez will not be back no reason to hang on to his balnkey. Doubt Edwards will be back too. Though I would not mind seeing him signed to an incentive layden deal. I think Hill is a work in progress, and will payoff in time. I think we will need a vet WR and TE next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    schillens gone, hill better learn to catch, resign braylon and get a TE that can catch and block. gates and white are non-entities at this point. Id cut bait on keller

A bad QB can make any wideout look bad,

Veteran
    I'm ok with most of that group coming back. However, I watched almost every snap of every game, and not once did i see a WR pull down a long over the shoulder pass on the dead run and score a TD. Don Maynard where are you?

We have a bunch of 2s and 3s. We need a number 1 receiver. We also have a bunch of 2s and 3s at running back - we need a number 1. We also have 3 second string QBs . We need a number 1. Get a number one QB and RB and receiver this offseason and we are in business. Trade Revis if he will make this happen but it needs to happen. Trade Revis and Kerley and Powell and a draft pick and get us 3 number 1s or do it some other way. Number 2s seem easy to find. Kerley is a young number 2 so maybe he has some value. Revis is a number 1 that we probably can't keep so if we could get a number 1 on offense for him I would find a way to do it. Powell is a number 2 with some upside. Maybe he can be our number 1? I don't know. We need number 1s.

All Pro
    If BAP at #9 in the draft is a WR, I'm all over it like a rash.

We need GOOD ... not just GOOD ENOUGH.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    schillens gone, hill better learn to catch, resign braylon and get a TE that can catch and block. gates and white are non-entities at this point. Id cut bait on keller
    Schillens suxx he only looks like a football player can't catch anything and muffed that onside kick

If we resign Edwards (2-3 years?) our WRs include:

Santonio Holmes
    Braylon Edwards
    Jerermy Kerley
    Stephen Hill

Not only do I not want any of our other WRs (unless they are on the practice squad) but I am not sure I want to keep Holmes either.

I would like to add Edelman to our WR core (if nothing else we stick it to the Pats). He can run routes and gets separation. He is not a big guy but we already have Edwards and Hill for the jump balls.

I think we keep Holmes for a year since the money is spent (cap savings is $1 mil) and our QB needs help to move the chains. If Holmes does get cut I would try to sign Brian Hartline.

How about a competent QB?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    How about a competent QB?
    agreed!

I'd like it better without Edwards. I don't care if he does 2 or 3 plays a game. He spent 2 years here dogging out plays and doing nothing. I'd rather loose without him then give him a 2nd chance he hasn't earned. The last thing we need is more quitters and slackers on this team.

All Pro
    Given the trench of issues this team has manage dig itself into, going into next season with Holmes, Kerly, and Edwards as insurance for Hill seems to be the prudent move. and that's coming from me.

Practice Squad
    I hope Braylon stays. I like his physical play. I thought Gates looked to have pretty good upside but after Sanchez laid him out in the Bills game, it looks like the second concussion could end his career here.

Regardless of all the scenarios we need to add a wideout. Hill get's great separation, but can't hold on to the ball and is an injury risk. Santonio is a ticking time bomb and won't be around for another contract. We don't know if the current Braylon is like the old Braylon. Kerley is the only one where we know what we have.

If a good receiver who can contribute slips to the 3rd, or 4th round in the draft grab him. Also a free agent like the aforementioned Edelman who has speed and versatility would be a nice add.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 12-31-2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: typo