Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the holdup with Sparano?

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Woody didn't say **** about Schottenheimer last year.

CMart is right. Rex is going nowhere.
    unfortunately.....now a year from now is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Did the owner, in writing, say it?
    No. This is what was said:

"He would be the coordinator," Ryan said. "That's what his job title is, guys. He's under contract to be the offensive coordinator. So that, you know, is what I'm saying. ... To say that, well, you're considering a change, I don't think that, not helpful for Brian. He's under contract as the offensive coordinator and it's certainly going to help his chances of being a head coach."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...eimer-job-safe

Sure sounds like the same thing Woody said about Rex, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Why have we not heard of his dismissal yet?
    LOL what do you think they are working out an extension with Sparano? He is finished, done, kaput. What is the rush in firing the man? You think the Jets chances of success next year turn on whether Sparano gets fired today or next tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    No. This is what was said:

"He would be the coordinator," Ryan said. "That's what his job title is, guys. He's under contract to be the offensive coordinator. So that, you know, is what I'm saying. ... To say that, well, you're considering a change, I don't think that, not helpful for Brian. He's under contract as the offensive coordinator and it's certainly going to help his chances of being a head coach."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...eimer-job-safe

Sure sounds like the same thing Woody said about Rex, huh?
    LOL....I don't even know what Rex was saying...But then again that's nothing new..

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Explain why Woody stated Rex will be HC then? Why not state, at the very least, "a review of all our coaches under contract will be conducted by the new GM"?
    EXACTLY

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Did he actually say "He will be our HC"?

Remember when Brian Schottenheimer went to interview for the Tampa Bay job last year? And we said glowing things about him, like a reference?

Put the pieces together.
    Here's what Woody said in his press release:

“Rex Ryan will remain the Head Coach of our football team.” Johnson said, “I believe that he has the passion, the talent, and the drive to successfully lead our team.”

“Like all Jets fans, I am disappointed with this year’s results.” Johnson said to end his press release. “However, I am confident that this change will best position our team for greater success going forward."
    He doesn't say how long Rex will "successfully lead our team". On the other hand, somebody resigned 8 players today.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Here's what Woody said in his press release:

He doesn't say how long Rex will "successfully lead our team". On the other hand, somebody resigned 8 players today.
    Cohen (Asst GM) and/or Badway

Jets Insider VIP
    Summary of another panic attack thread for SOJFs to whine, scream and wail

WHO GIVES A FVUK ABOUT SPARANO

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Oh, you forget it's the New York Jets we're talking about.

Nothing will happen for a week and then it will be announced that he "was not fired and did not quit". It's how we handle outgoing OC's.

SAR I
    How dare you tell the truth!