Thread: Just heard on NFL radio...

Just heard on NFL radio...

On the show Moving the Chains, that Terry Bradway wanted Russell Wilson. Thought that was interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by jets8599 View Post
    On the show Moving the Chains, that Terry Bradway wanted Russell Wilson. Thought that was interesting....
    Published: Nov. 9, 2012
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...jets-executive

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ive_liked.html

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    kill me now

Veteran
    I wonder if Bradway keeps his job?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jets8599 View Post
    Rex would never have the vision to play Wilson. look at Wilson at NC State. A coach who had no idea how to utilize that talent. Wilson leaves and the rest is history.

Wilson left NC State because he had to.

Bradway is a good scout. ****ty GM, though.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    +1!

Wasn't Bradway the reason we drafted Darrelle Revis? Pretty sure I read about how he coveted him big time back in 2007.

Hall Of Fame
    Old news.

Jets nicknamed Wilson Russell Bradway.

I am not a huge Bradway fan but but this should help him keep his job IMO. He was also the man who insisted on us moving up for Revis.

Then there's D-Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Wasn't Bradway the reason we drafted Darrelle Revis? Pretty sure I read about how he coveted him big time back in 2007.
    Yes...he went to his workout and called Tanny and said he won't be there at 25 (or whereever the Jets were picking that year)....

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Heard this before but yeah, makes me sick

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Rex "A quarterback? How is a quarterback going to help MY defense??? Besides, we already have Mark Sanchez..."

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Old news.

I am not a huge Bradway fan but but this should help him keep his job IMO. He was also the man who insisted on us moving up for Revis.

Then there's D-Rob.
    when he was GM....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Exactly. I know the prevailing thought on this board is that everyone associated with the Jets is garbage, but Bradway is a very good scout. He was a horrendous GM, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Exactly. I know the prevailing thought on this board is that everyone associated with the Jets is garbage, but Bradway is a very good scout. He was a horrendous GM, though.
    yep..and came up through the Giants organization..

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Heard this before but yeah, makes me sick
    Rex wouldn't know what to do with this kid anyway. Wilson would've been a practice squad player at best with this circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    And it shows that a good scout doesn't necessarily make a good GM. The next GM could very well be a "football guy" but could be a lot worse than Tannenbaum.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Rex would never have the vision to play Wilson. look at Wilson at NC State. A coach who had no idea how to utilize that talent. Wilson leaves and the rest is history.

Wilson left NC State because he had to.
    This is brilliant---you just summed up Rex Ryan----a very average coach who would never make the big risk decision! Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    +1!
    My understanding is that Rex has really had Tannenbaum's ear the last few years. Maybe he should have been listening to Bradway a little more?

Although, to Rex's credit, he does know how to pick a DL. That's about it, though.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Old news.

Then there's D-Rob.
    The Jets had no intention of drafting DRob until a sudden turn of events at DT late in the offseason heading into the draft forced them to do something unplanned.

If i remember correctly, before the suspension of Evans i believe Bradway made a statement about how they was no player in the draft worth trading up for. After the Evans announcement, DRob suddenly was worth 2 1st round picks.