Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/1

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
    Text to Norv Turner prompted reply from irritated ATT customer who just got that number and tired of inquiries about coaching Mark Sanchez.
    Guy should have pranked them hard, "I wouldn't coach that buttfumbling Mf'er if I was coaching in the cfl"

Popp may not be a popular choice due to lack of name recognition but he has been a fantastic GM for a long time in the CFL and his skills and contacts could translate. Also, his current head coach in Montreal would be an excellent choice as an offensive coordinator for the Jets if goggles pizano is let go.

Popp would be along the lines of Tom Dimetroff who also had CFL ties and got his start there.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    If Andy Reid were to land in Arizona one fascinating subplot would be finding out what he REALLY thinks of Kevin Kolb.

RT @ByTimGraham: Russ Brandon: "Buddy Nix is our general manager."

I agree. Kelly and O'Brien up there, tho. RT @caplannfl: I would not classify anyone as the leading candidate for the #Eagles HC job.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Take/Trash: Fans ain't buyin' Ryan: Woody Johnson announced Monday that Rex Ryan will return in 2013. But ... http://es.pn/YLdX1h #nyj

RT @SI_PeterKing: Happy Valley alert: I hear Bill O'Brien is strongly considering interviewing with an NFL team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    He is by no means a phony. He clearly loves the Jets and seems to be incredibly frustrated with the way the organization is being run.

Just like most of the fans on this board.
    I just think the problem is he's not a fan like a man, but like a young girl, which is what he is. Hard to win without a 1st, or 2nd string QB.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    MJD regrets waiting on foot surgery http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

If O'Brien leaves Penn State, good luck filling that position. And open season on all their recruits, most notably the quarterback.

ICYMI: My one-on-one with Chiefs chairman/CEO Clark Hunt in full-transcript form. Answers to the important questions: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-new-direction

UTKevinAcee ‏@UTKevinAcee
    Chargers asked for permission to speak to Denver Broncos Director of Player Personnel Matt Russell about GM job. Broncos denied the request.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Nick Saban talk not going away in Cleveland http://wp.me/p14QSB-6QZW

All League
    UTKevinAcee ‏@UTKevinAcee
    Chargers asked for permission to speak to Denver Broncos Director of Player Personnel Matt Russell about GM job. Broncos denied the request.
    I wonder if they just don't want him interviewing with a division rival...

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Next Bears coach will be expected to win now, improve offense, says GM Phil Emery. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Buffalo has asked for permission to interview Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy for its HC job.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Cardinals vice president of player personnel Steve Keim is scheduled to interview this week for the San Diego Chargers' GM job.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Jets finished 30th in offense. Worst finish since 2005 (31st). Jets have not had a top 10 offense since 1998 #nyj

2 GMs (Kansas City's Scott Pioli and Buffalo's Buddy Nix) and 2 coaches (Jacksonville's Mike Mularkey and Carolina's Ron Rivera) in limbo.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    The Jets, who pride themselves on "transparency," were the only NFL team not to make their head coach available to the media yesterday. #nyj
    This is good news to me

I hope this past season completely reforms the entire philosophy of how the Jets allow the media to do their jobs, Cimini wrote a ***** article yesterday, I'd imagine all the reports are pissed.

GOOD, THEY ASKED for this, the *******s pushed the envelope, now the Jets are responding. I hope this continues.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny
    The #Jets played so hard for Rex that the last two weeks they got blown out by teams who fired their coaches. What a joke.

For all the pro Rexites out there...
    THe Jets played their 3rd string QB who was so afraid to earn the "turnover machine" label everybody loved to bash Sanchez with, was too afraid to throw the damn ball, and was a complete bust in his first opportunity.

Sanchez proceeded to turn the ball over twice, that allowed the Jets/Bills game get out of control.

Weak

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I really like Greenberg, but he has been a sniveling child on every thing Jets this year. Not very objective in his views. Not saying he doesn't have a point here, just overall.
    Exactly

He also knows very LITTLE about football, it's amazing he has the gig he has, he's a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Greeny and Beningo are real Jet fans. It's Craig Carton who's a douche.
    Greeny is a tool, and Beningo, who is probably the most competent of the 3, is struck by his recent fame and loves to pound the table as part of his new mantra.

Carton is a know-nothing douche.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    THe Jets played their 3rd string QB who was so afraid to earn the "turnover machine" label everybody loved to bash Sanchez with, was too afraid to throw the damn ball, and was a complete bust in his first opportunity.

Sanchez proceeded to turn the ball over twice, that allowed the Jets/Bills game get out of control.

Weak
    his second opportunity, actually

he was pretty good in his first opportunity

certainly better than anything we could have expected from our punt protector, brokeribs mountain