Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'trade revis'

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

'trade revis'

What is wrong with you people? U want to trade the best player on the team for what? Pics? A washed up QB?

You should ask yourself how often these types if trades work out...was I the only one sick to my stomach watching John Abraham last few years? How is AP doing after knee surgery?

And BTW as good as cromartie is (and was this year), he still has a 10 cent brain to go with that million dollar skill set which is why SD let him go, and the jets were willing to last year.

Revis will go down as the greatest jet in history, trading him would be catastrophic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally, a new and exciting thread about something that hasn't been discussed ad nauseum.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pics? Like nudes?! This has potential...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    What is wrong with you people? U want to trade the best player on the team for what? Pics? A washed up QB?

You should ask yourself how often these types if trades work out...was I the only one sick to my stomach watching John Abraham last few years? How is AP doing after knee surgery?

And BTW as good as cromartie is (and was this year), he still has a 10 cent brain to go with that million dollar skill set which is why SD let him go, and the jets were willing to last year.

Revis will go down as the greatest jet in history, trading him would be catastrophic.
    10 threads on this already. Nobody wants to trade Revis. Very few jet fans want to pay 12% of the entire cap (15mil) for a corner. If the Jets don't give
    him what he wants he will test the market and if he signs somewhere else there is an better than even chance the only comp the jets get is a 5th rd pick in 2015
    Based on that scenario fans want to minimize the loss.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    10 threads on this already. Nobody wants to trade Revis. Very few jet fans want to pay 12% of the entire cap (15mil) for a corner. If the Jets don't give
    him what he wants he will test the market and if he signs somewhere else there is an better than even chance the only comp the jets get is a 5th rd pick in 2015
    That's the price of having an elite player! I'd rather spend it on a corner then say mark Sanchez

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn't find the other trade Revis threads?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Finally, a new and exciting thread about something that hasn't been discussed ad nauseum.
    Happy new year jackass

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post
    Those were for picks. This one is for pics. Pay attention!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post
    No, drank too much yesterday...I am glad u found this one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy new year jackass

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you have some sort of postseason cheating plans to discuss and kiss Tammi's behind over at patsfags.com

Leave Jet fans alone for a few seconds troll

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Those were for picks. This one is for pics. Pay attention!
    Thank you sir may I have another.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This! Except I advocated trading him last offseason when we could have got two first rounders. Now the Jets are going to get 8 games of revis-lite, blow any shred of trade leverage that still exists via "anonymous leak" at the trade deadline about their desire to trade him, end up getting nothing but a fourth round comp when he walks.

Meanwhile he will help a very bad team have delusions that they are better than they are.

The Jets are NEVER ahead of the curve on player moves. Guess it's difficult to expect Jets fans to even know what ahead of the curve looks like. But we are well past that point. SOJ have already botched the revis situation by not trading him at his high value point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Don't you have some sort of postseason cheating plans to discuss and kiss Tammi's behind over at patsfags.com

Leave Jet fans alone for a few seconds troll
    Why don't you make a new year's resolution to only post when you have something of relevance to contribute?

Are you really this miserable of a person in life as you are on this forum?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the price of having an elite player! I'd rather spend it on a corner then say mark Sanchez
    No kidding, you rather have a "superstar" rather than a disappointment making big money.

The thing is corner is a critical position where players have to be as close to 100% health to be effective, CBs can't play effectively with a sprained ankle, thigh bruise, hammy issues, much more than other positions. As players age these are they types of injuries that occur more regularly and with age take longer to heal.

Derrel Green and Champ Bailey was able to play into the mid 30s, Sanders was last effective at 31. It is a roll of the dice.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reality is, we're paying Mark Sanchez.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they can get a first and a third, it makes sense to trade him.

Team will stink for a couple of years. Revis will be 30 and holding the team hostage with his contract demands.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks9596 View Post
    If they can get a first and a third, it makes sense to trade him.

Team will stink for a couple of years. Revis will be 30 and holding the team hostage with his contract demands.
    How so? The jets have a top D, a good OL, and depth at RB. I am not sure people realize how much difference a QB who doesn't throw the ball away can make.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No kidding, you rather have a "superstar" rather than a disappointment making big money.

The thing is corner is a critical position where players have to be as close to 100% health to be effective, CBs can't play effectively with a sprained ankle, thigh bruise, hammy issues, much more than other positions. As players age these are they types of injuries that occur more regularly and with age take longer to heal.

Derrel Green and Champ Bailey was able to play into the mid 30s, Sanders was last effective at 31. It is a roll of the dice.
    I recall deon being pretty damn good at 30. Has revis had a letdown season? The dude is the best player we have and it's not close.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets will be rebuilding. I don't see why we need to make a cornerback our highest paid player on a bad football team.