Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Post crucifies Rex

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No premium candidate wants to come to this mess this off season. Let Rex deal with it and give the new guy a clean slate next year.
    get lost, troll

Veteran
    I don't mind Rex staying, by firing Rex will not solve the problem of no talent on offense. The Eagles stuck with Reid who reached the Super Bowl in his 6th year and stuck around 8 years after that.

It's time to start fresh. If the Jets are going to suck, let it be with a NEW Coaching staff who are headed in the right direction. I've NO desire to see a red-faced Rex on the sidelines wondering why his team is getting smacked down (yet again) and then his after-game pressers with more of the same 'We need to play better' scenarios, I'll pass on all of that please and thank you !
    Last edited by el_dub80; 01-01-2013 at 11:54 AM.

You don't think Rex Ryan knows anything about football??He's just some stupid guy they found working at a gas station on Long Island.They got to one superbowl because Big Ben bailed them out against the Jets. He made three huge plays on third down by scrambling,something that Haley stopped him from doing this year

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    The article this morning in the Post takes aim squarely at Ryan and while the media gets paid to create stories this one is suggests that Ryan is inept.

First let's be clear, the time for excuses and pointing the fingers at someone else are coming to a swift end. Schotty was shown the door, Tanny was fired and most likely Sporano will also be asked to leave. Ryan is a passionate coach and players like playing for him but being passionate does not always get it done. Just look at the Patriots who are as methodical as an executioner and just go about their business. They routinely let players go who are do for big paydays, except Brady.

The needs for this team are so huge right now that I doubt they can have a winning season next year. 2013 will be a transition year but the fact of the matter is that Jet fans are sick of loosing and if they have another year like this one they will demand something be done and in all liklihood that will mean goodbye Rex.

I personally like Rex but I am sick and tired of the bravado and the lack of transparency from this organization. I want players who are hungry for a ring and I want a team that has the personality of a winner not a laughing stock. As for the Post article ? I don't give it too much because the author has never played the game professionally. Maybe if writers knew more about what goes on within the org than he would be more understanding but in the NFL you're paid to win and in New York that light burns brighter than ever. The Post is right about one thing; the time for excuses and finger pointing is coming to an end for Ryan and he is on borrowed time.
    I'm tired of calling our Offense the ground and pound. Why not just game plan for an opponent and do what is necessary to beat them. Some times pass first and run first . Mix things up and let your opponent figure things out.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I despise the New York press. They will turn on anybody, if they think it can improve there profile and sell newspapers. Say what you want about Ryan, he's been more than accommodating to them, and friendly despite of the wife stories and clown suit stuff. I hope Rex sticks it to them next year and becomes a BB< AT PRESSERS>Tell them nothing, because if you do, they'll twist it, for there own benefit
    Rex did this to himself. He has only himself to blame.

You don't think Rex Ryan knows anything about football??He's just some stupid guy they found working at a gas station on Long Island.They got to one superbowl because Big Ben bailed them out against the Jets. He made three huge plays on third down by scrambling,something that Haley stopped him from doing this year
    As a DC, absolutely he does...Doesn't mean it makes him a good HC

Whoa! Put that crack pipe down buddy, that's a serious drug

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    a good season next year

and the same jacka$$ jackals will be promoting Rex for Coach of the Year

hopefully the cancellation of the press conference is a prelude to the Jets working with Rex to adopt the Belichick formula for questions from the media next season...

sorry guys, I'm not the doctor so I have no injury updates

we have to look at the film and work on that

any more questions.... no.... thank you guys
    Why do you need more? I don't need the coach to entertain me.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

Great leaders make the necessary changes. Jets fans want a football coach. Not a drama king or circus ringmaster. They want a football team.

Not the soap opera “As The World Turns Your Stomach.”
    From my vantage point, here it is in a nutshell.

Whats that mean.What do you disagree with.Rex was a good HC, his first two years, oh, okay, he was just lucky. Unlucky the last two.Any defensive minded coach knows alot about offense,all he does is break down film and studies offense and what to do to stop it. We have no quarterback, no third down back, a broken down receiving corp. Give him a quarterback, and a few more weapons on offense, then reevaluate

Rex Ryan is a very good d coach and has the potential to be a good head coach but he will only ever succeed if he acknowledges and learns from his mistakes and he has made a lot of big ones. If he doesn't he will utterly fail.

Also I do not at all think you can separate him from the tema make up and talent on this team. He has at least indirectly had a large say in the make up. Like a lot of very good coordiators or position coaches he thinks he can coach up or get the best out of inferior talent and that mistake will kill you every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Rex Ryan is a very good d coach and has the potential to be a good head coach but he will only ever succeed if he acknowledges and learns from his mistakes and he has made a lot of big ones. If he doesn't he will utterly fail.

Also I do not at all think you can separate him from the tema make up and talent on this team. He has at least indirectly had a large say in the make up. Like a lot of very good coordiators or position coaches he thinks he can coach up or get the best out of inferior talent and that mistake will kill you every time.
    Well said

Whats that mean.What do you disagree with.Rex was a good HC, his first two years, oh, okay, he was just lucky. Unlucky the last two.Any defensive minded coach knows alot about offense,all he does is break down film and studies offense and what to do to stop it. We have no quarterback, no third down back, a broken down receiving corp. Give him a quarterback, and a few more weapons on offense, then reevaluate
    First of all, good Coaches get thru adversity and make something happen, not make excuses. Great Coaches work with what they've got and still get there in the end. It's more than a little obvious that Rex had a bit of 'LUCK' making at least one of those AFC Championship games, the other appearance may have been an aberration. His last 2 years at the helm of the NYJ's say it all. He just CANNOT get it done. Simply put, it's TIME for the Circus to leave town. I'm not a fan of MY team being the JOKE of the NFL. I'm also not willing to sit thru 'ANOTHER YEAR WHILE WE FIGURE IT OUT AS WE GO'.

This says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I wonder how this incompetent fool ever got to two championship games in his first two years on the job.
    with a good roster. also - he showed himself to be a brilliant motivator, with a brilliant defensive scheme, he had brilliant game-plans, and esp in-game-adjustments.

Against Manning and Brady in the playoffs, incredible.

Jets Insider VIP

In general that's how we all learn ie., our mistakes, trial and error. Sanchez contract is Tanny's mistake. I think Rex's biggest mistake is evaluating some of his own guys and sticking with them too long.

Jets Insider VIP
    Are steelers fans calling for tomlins head. He brought in Todd Haley who tried to change the way Big Ben plays his position. Didn't work, did it
    Tomlin won a super bowl. Pitt was a playoff team last year. Rex has not won anyting and has 2 back to back losing seasons.

Tomlin had the steelers playing hard in the final game of the season while Rex's teams have quit on him 2 years in a row.

Theres no comparision.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    with a good roster. also - he showed himself to be a brilliant motivator, with a brilliant defensive scheme, he had brilliant game-plans, and esp in-game-adjustments.

Against Manning and Brady in the playoffs, incredible.
    Yet we choked in the second half against Indy and didn't show up in Pittsburgh.

Im not a blind defender of Rex. Sometimes i think we complicate things, when the answers very simple. Our quarterback was more than awful this year. Our two playmakers in the passing game were hurt, what options did he have. I do believe a creative OC, could have kicked up the offense a few notches though. Im not saying Rex hasn't made mistakes, but if you hold any coach to some of your standards, he's open to being slammed