Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84

Thread: The Post crucifies Rex

  1. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Im not a blind defender of Rex. Sometimes i think we complicate things, when the answers very simple. Our quarterback was more than awful this year. Our two playmakers in the passing game were hurt, what options did he have. I do believe a creative OC, could have kicked up the offense a few notches though. Im not saying Rex hasn't made mistakes, but if you hold any coach to some of your standards, he's open to being slammed
    Yet Rex kept trotting Sanchez out there, selling out team wins for what appears to be a personal vendetta against inserting Tebow or McElroy. That's his decision.
    Or was that on Tannenbaum, too?

  2. #42
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    We lost to pittsburgh by 6 points in Pitt, didn't show up. Choked against the Colts, you have a short memory. Greene was running crazy, he got hurt, then early in the third Strickland got hurt, and Manning took advantage with Garcon.Its very hard to win on the road, for every team. Look at the stats. Tomlin has Big Ben, who do we have,that has nothing to do with it though, please.

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Yet we choked in the second half against Indy and didn't show up in Pittsburgh.
    This!

  4. #44
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am tellin the new GM what you all said, Ooooh! y'all are so in trouble...I can't wait for him to get here.

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    He didn't think tebow or mcelroy would have made a difference.Most analysts agreed with that. I don't think Ryan would intentionally lose games, to play Sanchez, you don't believe that, do you

  6. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    He didn't think tebow or mcelroy would have made a difference.Most analysts agreed with that. I don't think Ryan would intentionally lose games, to play Sanchez, you don't believe that, do you
    Actually, most analysts that I read/saw said that Tebow doesn't look good, but last year showed that he somehow managed to win games. And a number of them said that he should have a shot.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether or not Rex had control over the draft, player signings, and the offense as well is a moot point. You get a new GM in here that runs a tight ship, and doesn't put up with his bull****, and you solve all of those problems, but get to keep one of the best "coaches" in the game. Just let him coach, and take all that responsibility of his shoulders. There aren't many good HC/GMs out there. Most of them are better at one than the other. The rest are HOFers.

  8. #48
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    He didn't think tebow or mcelroy would have made a difference.Most analysts agreed with that. I don't think Ryan would intentionally lose games, to play Sanchez, you don't believe that, do you
    There was not a good choice to be made. We don't know exactly what he was thinking, but a good GM would have a big part in these kinds of decisions. He could help Rex realize when a player is past his prime as well. This is what Rex needs. Not the puppet GM that he had.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    We lost to pittsburgh by 6 points in Pitt, didn't show up. Choked against the Colts, you have a short memory. Greene was running crazy, he got hurt, then early in the third Strickland got hurt, and Manning took advantage with Garcon.Its very hard to win on the road, for every team. Look at the stats. Tomlin has Big Ben, who do we have,that has nothing to do with it though, please.
    Yet we beat them regular season...

    Face it. The 2011 and 2012 season are the culmination of Tanny and Rex.

    Change need be made and REX is in many ways his own worst enemy.

    He ignores offense, gets sold on Sparano and look at the results. a BIG TIME HC would never have allowed this to go on. He acts like the offense is special teams. His defense can't stop a nose bleed in the 4th quarter and hasn't in 2 years.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,700
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want a team that the HC is not the star of.

    Hopefully we are a playoff team in 2015.

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,286
    Post Thanks / Like
    More uninformed SOJF chatter

    As usual

    What Giant fan jet haters write in the media feeds into SOJF fears & self loathing

    Coughlin stayed when a new NYG GM arrived, with less success than RR but Ryan should / must go and is a "lame duck" In the exact same situation

    Dave Diehl drives drunk smashing into vehicles, there is at least one disgruntled NYG player a year and yet NYJ has all the problem children

    As much as Sanchez struggled its obvious the other 2 sucked worse and deserved to be sidelined, with Ryan keeping his opinion private...yet he has a vendetta against them

    Etc.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-01-2013 at 02:56 PM.

  12. #52
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll tell ya, if I'm the New York Giants I love playing in the same town as the Jets.

    Defending Superbowl champions who went through this season dominating a handful of elite teams, completely no showed the others, and finished 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

    Anywhere else that's talked about everyday in the papers. Not here.

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can't have it both ways. you can't claim you want transparency and then start giving credence to articles that allegedly know what's going on at the jets hq. you can't say that rex has had all that bravado when he has been particularly subdued these past two seasons. (doesn't he have a right to say his team is the best one so far?). you mention the patriots but there is zero transparency there. ever listen to the bellichicken's pressers?

    obviously if rex is still coach after the new gm is chosen he will be on the hot seat. rightly so but no more than what all coaches feel. how long would bellichicken survive if he posted a 6-10 season? he'd get one more season to get the magic back.

    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    The article this morning in the Post takes aim squarely at Ryan and while the media gets paid to create stories this one is suggests that Ryan is inept.

    First let's be clear, the time for excuses and pointing the fingers at someone else are coming to a swift end. Schotty was shown the door, Tanny was fired and most likely Sporano will also be asked to leave. Ryan is a passionate coach and players like playing for him but being passionate does not always get it done. Just look at the Patriots who are as methodical as an executioner and just go about their business. They routinely let players go who are do for big paydays, except Brady.

    The needs for this team are so huge right now that I doubt they can have a winning season next year. 2013 will be a transition year but the fact of the matter is that Jet fans are sick of loosing and if they have another year like this one they will demand something be done and in all liklihood that will mean goodbye Rex.

    I personally like Rex but I am sick and tired of the bravado and the lack of transparency from this organization. I want players who are hungry for a ring and I want a team that has the personality of a winner not a laughing stock. As for the Post article ? I don't give it too much because the author has never played the game professionally. Maybe if writers knew more about what goes on within the org than he would be more understanding but in the NFL you're paid to win and in New York that light burns brighter than ever. The Post is right about one thing; the time for excuses and finger pointing is coming to an end for Ryan and he is on borrowed time.

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I'll tell ya, if I'm the New York Giants I love playing in the same town as the Jets.

    Defending Superbowl champions who went through this season dominating a handful of elite teams, completely no showed the others, and finished 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

    Anywhere else that's talked about everyday in the papers. Not here.
    Win a SB buys a lot f slack. We haven't...we can't.

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    the answer to that is who brought in brunnel to back up sanchez? if it was tannenbaum then what exactly was rex supposed to do? and who of tebow and mcelroy was rex supposed to start in place of sanchez? maybe they should've kept stanton.

    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Yet Rex kept trotting Sanchez out there, selling out team wins for what appears to be a personal vendetta against inserting Tebow or McElroy. That's his decision.
    Or was that on Tannenbaum, too?

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    The article this morning in the Post takes aim squarely at Ryan and while the media gets paid to create stories this one is suggests that Ryan is inept.

    First let's be clear, the time for excuses and pointing the fingers at someone else are coming to a swift end. Schotty was shown the door, Tanny was fired and most likely Sporano will also be asked to leave. Ryan is a passionate coach and players like playing for him but being passionate does not always get it done. Just look at the Patriots who are as methodical as an executioner and just go about their business. They routinely let players go who are do for big paydays, except Brady.

    The needs for this team are so huge right now that I doubt they can have a winning season next year. 2013 will be a transition year but the fact of the matter is that Jet fans are sick of loosing and if they have another year like this one they will demand something be done and in all liklihood that will mean goodbye Rex.

    I personally like Rex but I am sick and tired of the bravado and the lack of transparency from this organization. I want players who are hungry for a ring and I want a team that has the personality of a winner not a laughing stock. As for the Post article ? I don't give it too much because the author has never played the game professionally. Maybe if writers knew more about what goes on within the org than he would be more understanding but in the NFL you're paid to win and in New York that light burns brighter than ever. The Post is right about one thing; the time for excuses and finger pointing is coming to an end for Ryan and he is on borrowed time.
    It's funny. When Herm kept changing coordinators he got blasted on here. Rex does it and he's "still the right HC" for the Jets.

  17. #57
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sudbury,Ma
    Posts
    2,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I am trying to understand and want to know is

    1. Who in the org wanted Teabow ?

    2. Who thought Sporano could be an OC ?

    3. Who thought that we were set on the offensive line ?

    4. Why in the world did they extend Sanchez's contract ..who was behind that?

    To this day I don't know who made those decisions

  18. #58
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tomlin won a super bowl. Pitt was a playoff team last year. Rex has not won anyting and has 2 back to back losing seasons.

    Tomlin had the steelers playing hard in the final game of the season while Rex's teams have quit on him 2 years in a row.

    Theres no comparision.
    Hey guess what, your deadline passed. Welcome to the Maya club.

  19. #59
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex has been learning how to be a head coach for the last few years. Now that he hopefully has learned a few things you want to ship him off so he can use the knowledge for some other team. Great!

    Let's see how he does with a GM that knows football and manages the personnel issues more professionally. Pay no attention to media. All they are trying to do is drum up viewers or readers by being provocative. As others have already said, if Rex can produce a winning team with a good GM guiding him and a good OC running that side of the equation, all the idiots who are trying to run him out of town will will yelling "I knew he could do it"

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,700
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It's funny. When Herm kept changing coordinators he got blasted on here. Rex does it and he's "still the right HC" for the Jets.
    That's bc Herm was black.

    Just sayin.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us