Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Higher priority developing, our running game, or passing Game?

  1. #1

    Higher priority developing, our running game, or passing Game?

    Kind of torn on this one and wanted to get your thoughts.

    At the end of the day we need a strong OL for both, but part of me says if we have a running game that teams need to be concerned about that would help our passing game and keep us out of having to throw risky passes into double/triple coverage.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 01-01-2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Typo

  2. #2
    Fix the OL....Everything else will improve

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Entire Offense, issues in every area, however, not big issues but as a sum, well you saw it before your own eyes.

  4. #4
    Depends.

    Are you giving Sanchez one more season? If so, it's the running game. If it's anyone but him, it's RT and TE's. The WR's really are fine. Holmes, Kerley, Hill, have to imagine Edwards is re-signed and add in a cheap veteran or a rookie to compete with Jordan White for the final roster spot.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Fix the OL....Everything else will improve
    I agree, does that mean we should go Warmack in Rnd 1 and a top flight Free Agent RT.

  6. #6
    Running game. We will have Sanchez or a new QB with a new Offense. Keep it simple

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Depends.

    Are you giving Sanchez one more season? If so, it's the running game. If it's anyone but him, it's RT and TE's. The WR's really are fine. Holmes, Kerley, Hill, have to imagine Edwards is re-signed and add in a cheap veteran or a rookie to compete with Jordan White for the final roster spot.
    This assumes we're bringing Sanchez back, but that we'll have a solid veteran, a draft pick to develop and McElroy to compete with him.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    It all starts with the OL.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    I agree, does that mean we should go Warmack in Rnd 1 and a top flight Free Agent RT.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    This assumes we're bringing Sanchez back, but that we'll have a solid veteran, a draft pick to develop and McElroy to compete with him.
    The O will still be new and there will be very little chemistry with the new QB and the WR's. We need an explosive, play maker at RB

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    I agree, does that mean we should go Warmack in Rnd 1 and a top flight Free Agent RT.
    See how things transpire between now and Draft Day..Alot can happen..

    Walt Michaels did it right..He built his team from the inside out...Picking Powell, Ward, Lyons, Gastineau...Then went with Lam Jones (ok he didn't work out) and then Freeman McNeil.
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-01-2013 at 11:18 AM.

  12. #12
    Virtually every facet of the offense needs to improve in a big way.

    With that said, I believe approaching the OL first is the most important thing. The Jets have some pretty talented guys along the OL right now. A few more pieces to compliment Brick, Nick, and Brandon and this OL could easily be one of the best in the league.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    I agree, does that mean we should go Warmack in Rnd 1 and a top flight Free Agent RT.
    Trade down from 9 and they are guards that can step in later in the 1st and 2nd. my favorite guys are Cooper in the first in the mid 20s, Fluker at RT in the 2nd, Dallas Thomas in the 3rd

    The jets don't have any money for a top flight RT,

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Virtually every facet of the offense needs to improve in a big way.

    With that said, I believe approaching the OL first is the most important thing. The Jets have some pretty talented guys along the OL right now. A few more pieces to compliment Brick, Nick, and Brandon and this OL could easily be one of the best in the league.
    Brandon needs to be replaced

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Brandon needs to be replaced
    So you say.

  16. #16
    You pass to win.
    You run not to lose.

    Decide what type of team and organization you want to be and you have your answer.

  17. #17
    Definitely a strong running game, dominant O line, hell we got to 2 conf finals with Sanchez. Get a REAL RB in here that can make plays, have Powell back him up, McKnight as a sproles kind of back, fix the O line, get at least 1 more receiver, keep Braylon, hope Tone gets healthy, .... and maybe our offense can be top 15 lol. We have a lot of work to do but fixing the O line and getting a RB must be top priority. Not sure why this is even a question when we were sniffing the superbowls butt 2 years in a row with a dominant O Line and running game. Get that back already and we'll at least be contenders.

  18. #18
    Agree w/most posters..upgrade the OL. Doing that and bringing in a breakout running back along with replacing the Sanchize should yield good results. I think we're ok with Holmes, Edwards, Kerley and Hill at WR.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Fix the OL....Everything else will improve
    This. It's the path to consistently solid offensive. Ofcourse the trick is to both build and maintain a quality O-line. Average skill players start to look good magically.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,898
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Fix the OL....Everything else will improve
    Agreed, although if I had to pick I would say the running game in particular would be easier to address.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us