Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling it now. Rex is still getting canned.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    At the time I thought this too but I've since reconsidered:

(1) I'm completely convinced that Tebow was never an option to start. He can't throw and with the extra wt he was asked to put on he can't run. I guess Rex already knew this.

(2) After seeing McElroy (who I had high hopes for), he doesn't have the pocket presence I thought I'd see. I guess Rex already knew this.

(3) Even with either of the above options in there we didn't have any skill players to get anywhere, so....

(4) With "The Contract" and Sanchez not going anywhere, Rex had no choice but to hope that Sanchez could turn it around at least while we were still alive. Once hope died he gave McElroy some starts to see what it is.

With 20/20 hindsight I've no problems with the way Rex handled the QB spot this season. He just had nothing to work with. Further, Rex is one of the the winingist HC in franchise hx. Rex haters, please step off
    In summary...sad as it is....

Mark gave us the best chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Most everyone respects Rex Ryan's defenses. There's little to no doubt of that.

I would like to see a specific example of an NFL exec that has said that Rex Ryan is a respected HEAD COACH.
    When the Jets beat the Patriots in the playoffs, Belichick told Rex at midfield that this was one of the best coached games he's ever seen, and told him to go win the Superbowl.

Is that respected enough?

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    While it's very unlikely, he could essentially prove he's worthy in the New GM's eyes by the team over performing next year, and thus save his job that way.

That's still a less than ideal scenario for Rex, but he doesn't have much else of a chance.
    this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......unlesss fired before season!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    When the Jets beat the Patriots in the playoffs, Belichick told Rex at midfield that this was one of the best coached games he's ever seen, and told him to go win the Superbowl.

You were at midfield and heard this?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I wonder if Korn Ferry is considering Mangini for GM
    You know it would be interesting to see him here. The exact opposite of Rex. He probably wouldn't even tell Rex who he was drafting, or feed him misinformation. In press conferences he'd probably have a headset and feed Rex his responses.

Jets Insider VIP

Wow, that's what we're talkin' about.

No, I read Rex's book.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So is that an indictment towards the coaching staff?
    It's an indictment of the poster's statement that Sanchez was singlehandedly responsible for crapping up the Jets' season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You know it would be interesting to see him here. The exact opposite of Rex. He probably wouldn't even tell Rex who he was drafting, or feed him misinformation. In press conferences he'd probably have a headset and feed Rex his responses.
    LOL.

Media: "Rex, Sanchez had a bad game. What do you plan to do this week in practice to correct those mistakes?"

Rex: Uhh. Hold on. What? Oh. Yeah. It's a process."

Jets Insider VIP
    No, I read Rex's book.
    LOL. Okay.

Hall Of Fame

And the buffoon treated it like he had just won the SB. Even worse, he let the players believe that too.

That was the beginning of the end.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    And the buffoon treated it like he had just won the SB. Even worse, he let the players believe that too.

That was the beginning of the end.
    I wonder what Belichick was saying a week later after watching the Pittsbugh game?

I wonder what Belichick was saying a week later after watching the Pittsbugh game?
    You're a fool.

You say no one respects Rex Ryan as a HC, I give you an example of arguably the best HC in football giving Rex that respect, and you turn it into, herp derp, Rex sucks.

Keep complaining for the sake of complaining. Really, you're great at it.

You're a fool.

You say no one respects Rex Ryan as a HC, I give you an example of arguably the best HC in football giving Rex that respect, and you turn it into, herp derp, Rex sucks.

Have you been living under a rock?

Rex clearly can't handle adversity. It shows in his press conferences, his decision making, and the many tears he's shed in the lockeroom.

Stop jerkin' Rex off and take a real hard look at the current situation of this team.

Jets Insider VIP
    You're a fool.

You gave me an example of Rex Ryan saying something about it in Rex Ryan's book written by...Rex Ryan.

How about a public proclamation by someone said by them and not as said by Rex Ryan himself?

I'd like to read that.

You gave me an example of Rex Ryan saying something about it in Rex Ryan's book written by...Rex Ryan.

How about a public proclamation by someone said by them and not as said by Rex Ryan himself?

I'd like to read that.
    Right, because Rex made it up. It's a conspiracy to sell books.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Have you been living under a rock?

Rex clearly can't handle adversity. It shows in his press conferences, his decision making, and the many tears he's shed in the lockeroom.

Stop jerkin' Rex off and take a real hard look at the current situation of this team.
    How am I jerking Rex off?

Stronger men than you have cried. Crying isn't an inability to handle adversity.

But I get it, you're a tough guy.

How am I jerking Rex off?

Stronger men than you have cried. Crying isn't an inability to handle adversity.

But I get it, you're a tough guy.
    No, you don't get it.

That's the problem.

All Pro
    Never happened!

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, left, congratulates New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, right, after the Jets beat the Patriots 28-21 in an NFL divisional playoff football game in Foxborough, Mass., Sunday, Jan. 16, 2011. AP Photo/Charles Krupa

Jets Insider VIP
    Right, because Rex made it up. It's a conspiracy to sell books.
    First of all, let's assume it was said. Telling someone he coached a great game doesn't necessarily translate into "I respect you as a head coach." Even a blind squirrel finds a nut....

Secondly, I'm still looking for anything on this great interwbz where anyone, coach, GM, FO personnel member, anyone has stated publicly that they respect Rex Ryan as a head coach.

Please provide me a link to that statement and I won't say another word on that topic.