Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling it now. Rex is still getting canned.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Just no rare single malts or bottles of Chateau Margaux.
    I say we allow these and I will split the bill with you!!!!

Veteran
    Just no rare single malts or bottles of Chateau Margaux.
    Disappointing, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I say we allow these and I will split the bill with you!!!!
    Done. But, trust me, I'm gonna break both our banks drinking the Margaux.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    No, i don't have facts to back it up. What im saying is that people underestimate the respect Ryan has throughout the league. And it wouldn't be hard to find a highly qualified GM, who would want to retain Ryan.
    Most everyone respects Rex Ryan's defenses. There's little to no doubt of that.

I would like to see a specific example of an NFL exec that has said that Rex Ryan is a respected HEAD COACH.

Done. But, trust me, I'm gonna break both our banks drinking the Margaux.
    LOL... I am going to have to take a car home... Single Malt my weakness although I am not a big drinker...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    $6M+ reasons.......
    It is all still possible they have not had time to work out an exit agreement where they pay him a portion of his last 2 years and he is free to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    It is all still possible they have not had time to work out an exit agreement where they pay him a portion of his last 2 years and he is free to go.
    Then why come out and comment that he is definitely coming back? Although very little surprises me with Woody!

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    At the time I thought this too but I've since reconsidered:

With 20/20 hindsight I've no problems with the way Rex handled the QB spot this season. He just had nothing to work with. Further, Rex is one of the the winingist HC in franchise hx. Rex haters, please step off

Yes, he's so good his last 2 seasons have finished with 3 game losing streaks. Not to mention getting blown out at home against SD and its lame duck HC.
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-01-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Since Coaching positions aren't part of the Cap any deal that is agreed upon by both parties should be ok..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Who was he supposed to play instead of Sanchez? I wish people would address this.
    Last I checked there were 2 other QB's on the roster. Even if each was unable to move the ball, if we cut the QB TO's in half, especially all the pick 6's, we may even be in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    That's like saying Sara Jessica Parker is the prettiest woman in the room

Yes, he's so good his last 2 seasons have finished with 3 game losing streaks. Not to mention getting blown out at home against SD and its lame duck HC.
    The biggest indictment against Rex is reflected in your Sig....

All Pro
    SOJFs love to hate on what we have and always want the next best thing until they get it. The HC/GM responsibilities obviously overlap. Tanny was the right GM for Mangini, who probably would make a better GM than a coach. He was absolutely the wrong GM for Rex. Rex made it to back to back AFCCGs with Mangini's players, and a rookie QB. Rex needs an authority figure running the show. He's no good at the management side of things, but we are in no way going to just stumble upon a better coach. Remember SOJFs 6-10 used to be the norm around here. Now with no QB, and the best player on offense and defense out 6-10 is a fire-able offense...ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    That article just said Mangini forced the Gholston pick on Tannenbaum? I thought the reverse was true...
    Just yet another reason to completely discount anything the media throws out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Last I checked there were 2 other QB's on the roster. Even if each was unable to move the ball, if we cut the QB TO's in half, especially all the pick 6's, we may even be in the playoffs.
    They suck worse.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    SOJFs love to hate on what we have and always want the next best thing until they get it. The HC/GM responsibilities obviously overlap. Tanny was the right GM for Mangini, who probably would make a better GM than a coach. He was absolutely the wrong GM for Rex. Rex made it to back to back AFCCGs with Mangini's players, and a rookie QB. Rex needs an authority figure running the show. He's no good at the management side of things, but we are in no way going to just stumble upon a better coach. Remember SOJFs 6-10 used to be the norm around here. Now with no QB, and the best player on offense and defense out 6-10 is a fire-able offense...ridiculous.
    I wonder if Korn Ferry is considering Mangini for GM

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I like Rex but this from another site that I went to during one of our server time outs.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=cXVW5bu1u14#

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Sanchez was singlehandedly torching the season.

That much we know.
    Not really. The crap was spread pretty wide. He had plenty of help.

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    At the time I thought this too but I've since reconsidered:

(1) I'm completely convinced that Tebow was never an option to start. He can't throw and with the extra wt he was asked to put on he can't run. I guess Rex already knew this.

(2) After seeing McElroy (who I had high hopes for), he doesn't have the pocket presence I thought I'd see. I guess Rex already knew this.

(3) Even with either of the above options in there we didn't have any skill players to get anywhere, so....

(4) With "The Contract" and Sanchez not going anywhere, Rex had no choice but to hope that Sanchez could turn it around at least while we were still alive. Once hope died he gave McElroy some starts to see what it is.

With 20/20 hindsight I've no problems with the way Rex handled the QB spot this season. He just had nothing to work with. Further, Rex is one of the the winingist HC in franchise hx. Rex haters, please step off

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Not really. The crap was spread pretty wide. He had plenty of help.
    So is that an indictment towards the coaching staff?

Hall Of Fame
    Rex is done. He is a lame duck.