Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Calling it now. Rex is still getting canned.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    There's no way Rex is going to get fired this offseason. If they were going to do it, they would've done it by now.

7 NFL teams are already out searching for a new HC. We would be scraping the bottom of the HC barrel if we let him go in a month
    Never say never. I mean the odds do favor what you said, but there's still a lot of candidates who are asst. coaches on playoff teams right now. Bills, Browns and Cardinals are already narrowing down their coaching choices (which are guys I wouldn't want on the Jets anyway)...that wouldn't leave much competition left between other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    There's no way Rex is going to get fired this offseason. If they were going to do it, they would've done it by now.

7 NFL teams are already out searching for a new HC. We would be scraping the bottom of the HC barrel if we let him go in a month
    Not necessarily. Not if you bring in a G.M. who's working with a playoff team right now and his guy is on said playoff team. The only playoff team coach I've seen any interest from so far is Mike McCoy.

If we're able to settle on a G.M. by the end of the next week, there should be plenty of coaches still available.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Not necessarily. Not if you bring in a G.M. who's working with a playoff team right now and his guy is on said playoff team. The only playoff team coach I've seen any interest from so far is Mike McCoy.

If we're able to settle on a G.M. by the end of the next week, there should be plenty of coaches still available.
    Agreed. So far the names being mentioned for head coaching vacancies are Andy Reid, Whisenhunt, McCoy, Scott McDouchebag, and some college coaches. There's plenty of good candidates that haven't been talked about.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex will be the Jets HC next season and for many years to come

and should be

There are a number of factors at work IMO.

1) The team may completely overhaul this roster, and it may not be one that a quality coach will want to inherit. Ditching Sanchez, Holmes, Scott, Pace, Cromartie, Tebow and more are on horizon. So is potentially trading Revis. The team may well be better having a coaching search when we are rebuilding, and not during the Demo.

2) The new GM should be given the chance to keep Ryan or Fire him.

3) Woody is freaking cheap, and not wise. As I've said previously, he bankrolled millions to the campaigns of McCain and Romney. Two terribly runs campaigns, regardless of ones politics. These ego guys just don't know when to shut up. A simple statement that the new GM will make all decisions on the coaching staff would have been appropriate. A large part of me thinks Woody just wants out of Rex contracts, and is hoping he quits while he twists in the wind. Either that, or he clueless.

4) Rex may quit when he sees what a real GM is going to do with the Schlock he and Tanny put together, or he's going to have the opportunity to turn his career around by coaching up a low $$ roster, as much of the cap will be spent on players not on the sideline or field.

The Jets aren't going anywhere next season. They have to put themselves in position to get the right coach.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

and should be
    he should be?

You do know that you need a sound offense to win in this league, right?

Rex is on borrowed time, and he knows it.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    If you are gonna let him go it should have been done it's more attractive to potential GM's, Woody is unconventional so anything is possible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    he should be?

You do know that you need a sound offense to win in this league, right?

Rex is on borrowed time, and he knows it.
    Hes stuck with malingering busts like dusty keller on that offense.

Hopefully that will be rectified by September

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    If you are gonna let him go it should have been done it's more attractive to potential GM's, Woody is unconventional so anything is possible.
    Why is it more attractive. (A) by waiting The new GM can interview rex and keep or hire him (B) hopefully Buffalo has their coach's hired already. (C) maybe he & Mr.T. are chumier then we know and Mike is waiting to get hired to bring Rex in.

Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    2) The new GM should be given the chance to keep Ryan or Fire him.
    this.

/thread

and should be
    Rex should only be the Head Coach in 2013 IF and ONLY IF the new G.M. wants to retain him.

I like Rex, perhaps foolishly, and would like to see him get a season without Mark Sanchez at QB, preferably with some average (rated ~15th in the league) type starter instead.

But if the new G.M. does not wish to retain him, he should not and must not be retained, period.

New GM will come with team in place. Maybe one of the GM said I'm waiting for such and such to finish Bowl season. By the end of college bowl season we will have new GM and most likely new HC

Hes stuck with malingering busts like dusty keller on that offense.

Hopefully that will be rectified by September
    So, Dustin Keller is the reason why Rex doesn't understand how to run an offense.

right.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    New GM will come with team in place. Maybe one of the GM said I'm waiting for such and such to finish Bowl season. By the end of college bowl season we will have new GM and most likely new HC
    Kelly/ ND IRISH!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Here are your full quotes. Speak clear English or get new reading glasses:

"No one" and "nobody" ...

Still, how many coaches, GMs, and FO execs are qualified to judge?

And where are the legit quotes from those who disrespect Rex?

It's only Day 2 of Jets offseason and you're already in full-hypocrite, full-tampon mode.

Also, it's a public forum, Jordina, you don't own any threads here.

I guess when you chime in - which you do at will but I'm the "king" with my 1799 posts to your 23,507 - you own the thread from that point on. LOL!

Who's the joke? That's right - you lose.
    LOL. Now you're taking my comments out of context because prior to that I specifically said who I meant ie. coaches, GM's, FO personnel. Do I have to specifically repeat that every time I post to keep you from being a weenie?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL. Now you're taking my comments out of context because prior to that I specifically said who I meant ie. coaches, GM's, FO personnel. Do I have to specifically repeat that every time I post to keep you from being a weenie?
    It sounded to me that you expanded your search to include anybody.

Okay, back to your original comment:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    First of all, let's assume it was said. Telling someone he coached a great game doesn't necessarily translate into "I respect you as a head coach." Even a blind squirrel finds a nut....

Secondly, I'm still looking for anything on this great interwbz where anyone, coach, GM, FO personnel member, anyone has stated publicly that they respect Rex Ryan as a head coach.

Please provide me a link to that statement and I won't say another word on that topic.
    Let's see how this works for you ...

On Wednesday, when speaking with the NFL Network's Michael Irvin, Ryan stated that he believes that Belichick "is the best coach in the game."

ďI want what Bill Belichickís got," Ryan said. "I think Bill Belichick is the best coach in this game; I donít even think itís close. But Iím trying there."
    Told of the statements Thursday, Belichick was cordial and returned the praise.

"It's a nice compliment," he said. "I'll take it. I think we all know I have a lot of respect for him and their program down there, too, so come right back at him with that one."

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    It sounded to me that you expanded your search to include anybody.

Okay, back to your original comment:

Let's see how this works for you ...
    It's still not saying he has respect for Rex Ryan as a HEAD COACH. That was my point. I think most people respect Ryan as a coach, a defensive coach. I never said Ryan wasn't respected. I just don't think he has the respect of his piers as a head coach at this point.

And maybe you can find a comment from the last 2 years instead of on the heels of two playoff appearances?

The fact you have to search so hard should tell you something no?

Rookie
    I already fired the HC. As a Jets Fann since 1967, I will be donning one of my many Green and Whites - maybe the Chrebet, and will be rooting against NY in each game in 2013-14 until Rex leaves. In my offseason - and it will surely be only one more season that the mouth leads the team - I might just cheer for Jacksonville.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight_13 View Post
    As a Jets Fann since 1967, I....will be rooting against NY in each game in 2013-14 until Rex leaves.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Why is it more attractive. (A) by waiting The new GM can interview rex and keep or hire him (B) hopefully Buffalo has their coach's hired already. (C) maybe he & Mr.T. are chumier then we know and Mike is waiting to get hired to bring Rex in.
    Ah, if Rex comes with the deal you can turn off potential GM's.