Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling it now. Rex is still getting canned.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    "Could" or "would" have. Both fair IMO.

Especially when the comparison is the epitome of futility.

You are shameless

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What's your point?

Rex Ryan is the head coach of the New York Jets on January 1, 2013. It means nothing. If we get the GM that Woody wants and he wants Rex gone today or next year, he's gone.

Do you read the newspapers? I'm not exactly breaking ground here. Almost every local and national news source and dozens of experienced writers are singing the same song: Hiring a GM and saddling him with the old HC never works. Sorry.

SAR I

My point is you are WRONG. You said Rex Ryan is gone. That is DELUSIONAL. Whether you like it or not, Rex Ryan will be the NYJ HC for at least the 2013 season.

In other words, your claims to the contrary are NONSENSE. Deal with it.

Now, I'm not going to argue with someone who is clearly in denial. So you can continue your propaganda parade with other posters. I like to deal with the truth.

But I must say what is your problem? I know you are a smart man. I've met you and I respect you. But the crap you are spewing right now is way beyond hatred. We've all known you hate Rex Ryan for some ridiculous reason for a long time now. The bias clearly shows.

But now? It's denial that's bordering on WEIRD. I'm sure you probably think you are being funny, but no one is laughing now.

You need to think up new material.

Hence "carried". He ran the ball a lot.

I am not suggesting he is a better QB b.c I don't think he is. But he has won and Sanchez was woefully inept and overwhelmed this year.

All I am saying is that it is not "complete bull$hit", as Ray suggested, that one of our backups could have done a better job than Sanchez. Sanchez was the worst starter in the NFL this year. It is not out of the question.

That is all.
    It's complete and utter bull**** that "Tebow or McElroy 'WOULD' have led the team further... it's a given..."

Learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    No, I don't agree. I was being sarcastic. Even if Tebow was any good - which he wasn't - they weren't set up to use him. Not being able to completely rearrange your offense for a last minute addition to the roster, does not make them dysfunctional. He was a waste of space.

We saw what McElroy could do. He lasted a week. He would have played the last game if he hadn't got hurt.

Just because Sanchez sucked doesn't make the alternative any better. Get over it.
    I'm not advocating Tebow, but saying the alternative isn't any better without the chance being given is incredibly ignorant.

Oh, so now we vacillate from personal attack to discussing subject matter? Pick one.
    Subject matter was your prediction of a 2 win season next year if Rex is retained.

Ask every other Jets Insider poster who wants Rex Ryan gone to name a potential replacement.
    I asked you.

Your only answer thus far, best as I'm aware, is Bellichek for 10% of the team and a minor complication of tampering.

Smart guy like you, I expected better.

I'm a bit tired of you trying to re-establish your Landing Strip cred on my dime. Find another target.
    Ignore feature is right over there if you can't take it.

You can draw a line in the sand and see when Mark's game went to hell.....

SAR I
    Marks play never "went to hell". It was always hell. He is the worst QB in the NFL over the past 4 years combined. An inaccurate turnover machine. The talent around him didn't cause him to miss open recievers by miles. Or fail to see or feel pressure. Or fail to hold onto the ball. Or throw it right to defenders he never saw.

Guess when it comes to content SAR, we're on two different sides. You blame Rex. I blame your favorite player, Mark Sanchez.

If you get what you want, we'll find out next year, a New Coach, and Sanchez at QB.

If I get what I want, we'll find ou too, Rex as Coach and a new 15th rated or better QB.

I fear we'll both not get what we want. Rex stays, and so does Sanchez as the #1 QB.
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-01-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Rex is GONE. It's already happened. Hopefully Woody's game forces Rex to resign so we don't have to pay him- though it'll be fun to watch him tortured for a year as punishment for what he did to our team.

SAR I
    But won't your 2013 season as a fan be tortured just the same as it will be for Rex Ryan? Why do you want that?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It's complete and utter bull**** that "Tebow or McElroy 'WOULD' have led the team further... it's a given..."

Learn to read.
    Feel free to substitute "could" with "would".

I don't need technicalities or qualifiers.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    My point is you are WRONG. You said Rex Ryan is gone. That is DELUSIONAL. Whether you like it or not, Rex Ryan will be the NYJ HC for at least the 2013 season.

In other words, your claims to the contrary are NONSENSE. Deal with it.

Now, I'm not going to argue with someone who is clearly in denial. So you can continue your propaganda parade with other posters. I like to deal with the truth.

But I must say what is your problem? I know you are a smart man. I've met you and I respect you. But the crap you are spewing right now is way beyond hatred. We've all known you hate Rex Ryan for some ridiculous reason for a long time now. The bias clearly shows.

But now? It's denial that's bordering on WEIRD. I'm sure you probably think you are being funny, but no one is laughing now.

You need to think up new material.
    I'm not in denial. Rex Ryan is the worst possible coach for a rebuilding project, but let's put that aside for the moment. Let's focus on his relationship with his owner and what the last few days have told us.

Ask yourself, does Woody's behavior in the last two weeks show you clear proof that he is a huge Rex Ryan fan? Do you not see that Rex might be positioning himself to get fired so he can have $6M of our money and take 2 years off or go coach somewhere or get a TV gig somewhere for millions more? Do you not see that Woody has distanced himself from Rex, didn't make a comment for the past two weeks, didn't show up at the "I didn't say that I might quit" presser, didn't even comment on it, didn't schedule a conference to tell the media that he's firmly in Rex's corner after the Tanny firing, only sent out a form letter to fans with a boilerplate two-sentence reference to Ryan that sounded more like legalese than it did an endorsement?

Woody Johnson's actions speak volumes if you bother to listen. Name me one other head coach who was treated so disdainfully by his owner at the end of a season like this. Can you imagine another owner doing this to a coach he supposedly loves? Something's up.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Subject matter was your prediction of a 2 win season next year if Rex is retained.

I asked you.

Your only answer thus far, best as I'm aware, is Bellichek for 10% of the team and a minor complication of tampering.

Smart guy like you, I expected better.

Ignore feature is right over there if you can't take it.

Marks play never "went to hell". It was always hell. He is the worst QB in the NFL over the past 4 years combined. An inaccurate turnover machine. The talent around him didn't cause him to miss open recievers by miles. Or fail to see or feel pressure. Or fail to hold onto the ball. Or throw it right to defenders he never saw.

Guess when it comes to content SAR, we're on two different sides. You blame Rex. I blame your favorite player, Mark Sanchez.

If you get what you want, we'll find out next year, a New Coach, and Sanchez at QB.

If I get what I want, we'll find ou too, Rex as Coach and a new 15th rated or better QB.

I fear we'll both not get what we want. Rex stays, and so does Sanchez as the #1 QB.
    1. I don't make predictions in January. Those come, very clearly and very openly, in August.

2. I am not a Mark Sanchez fan. I merely think that he showed flashes in his first two seasons, was undermined in his second two seasons, and is worth another look in minicamp seeing how hard it is to find a franchise quarterback.

3. If you're going to troll, better bring your A game, Ebert. This amateur hour stuff is beneath even rank amateurs like Rah Rah. Better yet, why are you stalking a poster in the measly 5 threads out of 100's that he's participating in?

4. SAR does not put anyone on ignore. SAR does, however, tune out people who don't entertain him anymore and you're dangerously close to that ground. You don't want to be there.

SAR I

I'm not in denial. Rex Ryan is the worst possible coach for a rebuilding project, but let's put that aside for the moment. Let's focus on his relationship with his owner and what the last few days have told us.

Ask yourself, does Woody's behavior in the last two weeks show you clear proof that he is a huge Rex Ryan fan? Do you not see that Rex might be positioning himself to get fired so he can have $6M of our money and take 2 years off or go coach somewhere or get a TV gig somewhere for millions more? Do you not see that Woody has distanced himself from Rex, didn't make a comment for the past two weeks, didn't show up at the "I didn't say that I might quit" presser, didn't even comment on it, didn't schedule a conference to tell the media that he's firmly in Rex's corner after the Tanny firing, only sent out a form letter to fans with a boilerplate two-sentence reference to Ryan that sounded more like legalese than it did an endorsement?

Woody Johnson's actions speak volumes if you bother to listen. Name me one other head coach who was treated so disdainfully by his owner at the end of a season like this. Can you imagine another owner doing this to a coach he supposedly loves? Something's up.

SAR I
    yup

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    yup
    Hey, Woody Johnson said "Rex Ryan is my coach." and there's a 90% chance that that's-that and we're stuck with the Circus for another year.

But something smells fishy. Owners go out of their way not to have lame duck head coaches, so setting one up for that (and supposedly someone that he 'loves') makes zero sense.

SAR I

Feel free to substitute "could" with "would".

I don't need technicalities or qualifiers.

could

/kʊd; unstressed kəd/ Show Spelled [koo d; unstressed kuh d] Show IPA
    verb 1. a simple past tense of can1 .

auxiliary verb 2. (used to express possibility): I wonder who that could be at the door. That couldn't be true.

3. (used to express conditional possibility or ability): You could do it if you tried.

4. (used in making polite requests): Could you open the door for me, please?

5. (used in asking for permission): Could I borrow your pen?

6. (used in offering suggestions or advice): You could write and ask for more information. You could at least have called me.

Can be confused with ... "would" ...
    As opposed to...

would

2 /woʊld/ Show Spelled [wohld] Show IPA noun weld2 .

will

1 /wɪl/ Show Spelled [wil] Show IPA auxiliary verb and verb, present singular 1st person will, 2nd will or ( Archaic ) wilt, 3rd will, present plural will; past singular 1st person would, 2nd would or ( Archaic ) wouldst, 3rd would, past plural would; past participle ( Obsolete ) wold or would; imperative, infinitive, and pres. participle lacking.
    auxiliary verb 1. am (is, are, etc.) about or going to: I will be there tomorrow. She will see you at dinner.

2. am (is, are, etc.) disposed or willing to: People will do right.

3. am (is, are, etc.) expected or required to: You will report to the principal at once.

4. may be expected or supposed to: You will not have forgotten him. This will be right.

5. am (is, are, etc.) determined or sure to (used emphatically): You would do it. People will talk.
    The words are not synomyms, and now you're arguing just to argue.

He said Tebow or McElroy would have done a better job than Sanchez, he also said it was a "given."

First, there is no possible way to know this "would have" happened. You're implying it "could have" happened, which is fine, but that is very different perspective on the matter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Here ya go....

Coaching giants impressed by Jets' commander

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...uxXQHusec38J/0
    You're such a tool.

Tommy Lasorda et al? Talking about passion?

I said NFL personnel who said they respect him as a head coach. Keep searching.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Ouch.

Pacquiao'd
    And the biggest tool on the board falls for it.

Hall Of Fame
    I did not say they were synonyms.

What I said was for the purpose of my post you can substitute them bc I believe both of them to be fair opinions. I acknowledge that I said "could" when you said "would".

Stop with the technicalities.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wonder what they would say now.

And not for nothing but those are some of the most generic compliments one can give.
    And they were baseball managers.

I love Tommy Lasorda but he's the biggest ballwasher in sports.

1. I don't make predictions in January. Those come, very clearly and very openly, in August.

2. I am not a Mark Sanchez fan. I merely think that he showed flashes in his first two seasons, was undermined in his second two seasons, and is worth another look in minicamp seeing how hard it is to find a franchise quarterback.

3. If you're going to troll, better bring your A game, Ebert. This amateur hour stuff is beneath even rank amateurs like Rah Rah. Better yet, why are you stalking a poster in the measly 5 threads out of 100's that he's participating in?

4. SAR does not put anyone on ignore. SAR does, however, tune out people who don't entertain him anymore and you're dangerously close to that ground. You don't want to be there.

SAR I

I have reported you to a moderator, I will not be responding to your posts anymore

SAR I
    LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You're such a tool.

Tommy Lasorda et al? Talking about passion?

I said NFL personnel who said they respect him as a head coach. Keep searching.
    Be careful.

Girardi was very complimentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And they were baseball managers.

I love Tommy Lasorda but he's the biggest ballwasher in sports.
    Bill Cowher was a baseball manager?

Which team?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Let's hope you're right, otherwise the G.M. we wind up with will probably not be worth his salt because anyone who will just sheepishly bow down to the owner is someone I don't think will be able to help lead a franchise to a championship. You must let the G.M. pick the groceries alongside HIS H.C., not someone else's.
    Hopefully, Johnson's hired recruiting firm will advise him properly.