Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Calling it now. Rex is still getting canned.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Uh huh, we all know Cowher jumped on the media train to call the Jets dysfunctional, it was a shocking turn of events, it was the flavor of the week, we all get it.

You continue to buy into the media rhetoric that drives your agenda
    So now there is cherry-picking of Cowher's comments.

First he is used to prove a point about other coaches respecting Rex. Then, when he critiques, he is just another media troll.

Can't have it both ways.

Bottom line is Rex is a clown. I am sure that when that article was written, two years ago, there were some people that were intrigued by his style and success. But he has since been exposed as a blowhard and a fraud.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 01-02-2013 at 12:53 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    No it isn't, Herm's team in his final year was a real dysfunction, on top of that, Herm had no clue of what he was doing. Management of the game, hiring a coach to help him manage the clock, some what to rip Rex and this Jets team for being dysfunctional? Nothing tops Herm's Jets team in his last two years and especially the last year.

What is revisionist history is forgetting all of that, and re-focusing back on Rex.

It is interesting you bring up the injury card. This year's Jets team was much worse, yet, nobody wants to even touch that factor...
    What does all that have to do with the players putting forth 100% effort for Herm?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Uh huh, sure it did.
    Now you're telling me how I felt.

Unbelievable.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Oh, my bad.

I should've known you were referring to media personalities that never played for or worked with Rex.
    No. If you bothered to read, I said other coaches, GM's and FO personnel.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So now there is cherry-picking of Cowher's comments.

First he is used to prove a point about other coaches respecting Rex. Then, when he critiques, he is just another media troll.

Can't have it both ways.

Bottom line is Rex is a clown. I am sure that when that article was written, two years ago, there were some people that were intrigued by his style and success. But he has since been exposed as a blowhard and a fraud.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    The team got decimated by injury, and he sucked as a game day coach, but the team never put forth a bad effort, so that's just revisionist history, plain and simple.
    Yeah when Herm went 4-12 he never made an outlandish comment like Rex and he always had this team disciplined. And he knew so much about offense! Ditto for Eric Mangenius loved watching him got 4-12, draft Gholston, trade Abraham and screw up an 8-3 team that had Brett Favre and a great running game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Yeah when Herm went 4-12 he never made an outlandish comment like Rex and he always had this team disciplined. And he knew so much about offense! Ditto for Eric Mangenius loved watching him got 4-12, draft Gholston, trade Abraham and screw up an 8-3 team that had Brett Favre and a great running game.
    Mangini drafted Gholston?

At the time, a lot of people questioned Abraham's motor and his desire to play with any nicks or bruises. And Nick Mangold was a pretty decent consolation prize.

You do remember that Brett Favre hurt his shoulder, should have had surgery, but refused to sit b/c of his precious consecutive game streak, taking the Jets down with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Mangini drafted Gholston?

At the time, a lot of people questioned Abraham's motor and his desire to play with any nicks or bruises. And Nick Mangold was a pretty decent consolation prize.

You do remember that Brett Favre hurt his shoulder, should have had surgery, but refused to sit b/c of his precious consecutive game streak, taking the Jets down with him.
    Eric Mangina is one of the most inept minds in football. What makes him so silly is that people like you somehow perceive him as intelligent and rationalize his asinine blunders. Mangina never won a playoff game in 5 years as a NFL HC - Rex won 4.

I love how Mangini is percieved as this good talent evalutor b/c of Revis but the same people won't mention Gholston, Schlegel, Clemens and Eric Smith.

Veteran
    No. If you bothered to read, I said other coaches, GM's and FO personnel.
    You did early on, but not where I quoted you.

Rex has been a HC for 4 years with one team.

How many coaches, GMs, and FO execs have worked with Rex the HC?

Cowher's a retired HC, an outsider, a media personality that never faced HC Rex.

Why don't YOU produce quotes from people who played for or worked with Rex that speak badly of him?

Find something valid that outweighs the players' quotes.

Exactly.
    Except that is exactly my point, you had no problem heaping praise on Cowher's current view of Jets situation, aka the media's flavor of the month, but then you want to ignore his praise and comments supporting Rex as a head coach since it didn't for your agenda. It's funny your lapdog DDNY pulled the "cherry picking" card and didn't realize he was only proving my point.

You're also outspoken about a GM coming in and being as to retain Rex, that seemed to work for Cowher, or does that count?
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 01-02-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Cowher's a retired HC, an outsider, a media personality that never faced HC Rex.

Why don't YOU produce quotes from people who played for or worked with Rex that speak badly of him?

LOL

JetsInsider.com Legend

What? You're the king of jumping into conversations.

Show me where I asked who respected Rex as a HC other than coaches, GM's or FO personnel. That was my one and only point. I highly doubt you could find one today that would openly admit to it.

Cowher is not qualified to see how a team is run by the way they play? Are you serious?

You're a joke. Go ballwash somewhere else.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Except that is exactly my point, you had no problem heaping praise on Cowher's current view of Jets situation, aka the media's flavor of the month, but then you want to ignore his praise and comments supporting Rex as a head coach since it didn't for your agenda. It's funny your lapdog DDNY pulled the "cherry picking" card and didn't realize he was only proving my point.

You're also outspoken about a GM coming in and being as to retain Rex, that seemed to work for Cowher, or does that count?
    Wrong. He was right on point.

You jumped on Cowher's junk because of his comment from January 2011 that Rex is a great defensive coach but jump all over him as a media clown now that he says the Jets are completely dysfunctional. The only point that was proved was your gift for bull****.

You're a joke. A complete tool on this board who makes **** up to suit your agenda.

JetsInsider.com Legend

The Ravens did all of their talking when they hired Harbaugh instead of their golden boy DC Rex Ryan. That spoke volumes about their respect for his talents as a potential HC.

Ryans headline obsessed behavior has so far satisfied what Woody wants from his HC.

Ryan is an excellent DC - I know of hardly anyone who would dispute that - but many great DC's couldn't cut it as HC - and alot of those failed HC's didn't have the unfortunate predisposition of Ryan and his ceaseless and immature blabbermouthing.

2013 will be the end of Ryan - the roster mismanagement - of which I think people underestimate Rex's input - has pretty much ensured that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Caught_Jetster View Post
    Ryans headline obsessed behavior has so far satisfied what Woody wants from his HC.

Ryan is an excellent DC - I know of hardly anyone who would dispute that - but many great DC's couldn't cut it as HC - and alot of those failed HC's didn't have the unfortunate predisposition of Ryan and his ceaseless and immature blabbermouthing.

2013 will be the end of Ryan - the roster mismanagement - of which I think people underestimate Rex's input - has pretty much ensured that.
    Great post. Couldn't agree more.

Veteran
    What? You're the king of jumping into conversations.

Show me where I asked who respected Rex as a HC other than coaches, GM's or FO personnel. That was my one and only point. I highly doubt you could find one today that would openly admit to it.

Cowher is not qualified to see how a team is run by the way they play? Are you serious?

You're a joke. Go ballwash somewhere else.
    Here are your full quotes. Speak clear English or get new reading glasses:
    Did you read the same article I did?

Cowher said he's a great defensive mind. I've continually said that Ryan is an excellent defensive coach. Who said they respected him as a head coach? Even then. In January of 2011, Ryan was the toast of the town. My how the mighty have fallen.

What's happened since then to make Bill Cowher say last week that the Jets are completely dysfunctional. He wasn't touting Rex Ryan 2 years later. There's no one out there saying Rex Ryan is a respected head coach.
    Nobody in their right mind today would publicly come out and say they respect Ryan as a HC. A guy who admitted he lost the pulse of the team last year and followed that up with a season in which it appeared he was no more prepared than he was last year. Cowher's "dysfunctional" comment last week summed up what everyone is thinking. Ryan may have looked the part in January of 2011 but he certainly has taken a major fall from grace since.
    "No one" and "nobody" ...

Still, how many coaches, GMs, and FO execs are qualified to judge?

And where are the legit quotes from those who disrespect Rex?

It's only Day 2 of Jets offseason and you're already in full-hypocrite, full-tampon mode.

Also, it's a public forum, Jordina, you don't own any threads here.

I guess when you chime in - which you do at will but I'm the "king" with my 1799 posts to your 23,507 - you own the thread from that point on. LOL!

Who's the joke? That's right - you lose.

Here are your full quotes. Speak clear English or get new reading glasses:

"No one" and "nobody" ...

Still, how many coaches, GMs, and FO execs are qualified to judge?

And where are the legit quotes from those who disrespect Rex?

It's only Day 2 of Jets offseason and you're already in full-hypocrite, full-tampon mode.

Also, it's a public forum, Jordina, you don't own any threads here.

I guess when you chime in - which you do at will but I'm the "king" with my 1799 posts to your 23,507 - you own the thread from that point on. LOL!

Who's the joke? That's right - you lose.
    I think you'll find that, for the most part, members of the NFL fraternity - those who are qualified to judge Rex Ryan, do not make a habit of bad mouthing each other in the media.

Sure, you get the odd personal spat like the Harbaugh/Carroll thing - but you won't find many NFL guys who are ready to go on record with negative stuff about one of their own - especially when it comes to quantifying their worth.

They know that is a short time they might be relying on Rex for a favor - whereas the media will turn on anyone when it suits them.

Ryan has allowed this Jets to devolve into, not just a poorly run frachise, but also the laughing stock of the NFL.

After all the ridiculous bombast it is now time to pay the piper - and people don't easily forget Ryans loudmouthed bragging.

Rex needs to get back to concentrating on making his D the best in the league - something he is actually qualified to do - hopefully the new GM will remove any type of Offense related responsibility from him.

He would also be better served by learning the harsh lesson the media have taught him this year - they may love you when you are a rent-a-quote clown with his foot permanently in his mouth, but the minute you start losing they quickly forget that 'loyalty'.
    Last edited by Caught_Jetster; 01-02-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Veteran
    The Ravens did all of their talking when they hired Harbaugh instead of their golden boy DC Rex Ryan. That spoke volumes about their respect for his talents as a potential HC.
    That's okay, Rex answered back by taking the Jets to a pair of AFCCs while Harbaugh's Ravens were one & done in the playoffs.

That spoke volumes too.

And back to Bill Cowher: if Cowher wants to judge and label Rex he should first revisit the 5-yr span in Pittsburgh when he finished 6-10 twice before winning the SB and ask himself if he deserved those two more years it took to win it.

There's no way Rex is going to get fired this offseason. If they were going to do it, they would've done it by now.

7 NFL teams are already out searching for a new HC. We would be scraping the bottom of the HC barrel if we let him go in a month