Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling it now. Rex is still getting canned.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There once was a quality poster named Warfish who was popular because he posted good information and well-thought opinions.

He became a mod, and a very fair and rational one too.

Then he disappeared for two years.

Then he re-appeared as a nasty, angry curmudgeon hiding in the Hangar cave.

Now he is attempting to re-join Jets Insider society on the Landing Strip but instead of contributing some of that good-ol' well-thought opinions he engages in personal attacks, poster critiques, logic traps, straw-manning, and spell checking for reasons unknown.

SAR would like no part of any of these Warfishes. SAR never liked Sybil. SAR would appreciate the current Angry Warfish use the 'ignore' button just like Mod Warfish would have recommended years ago when he was a good person.

SAR I

2-14.

You like holding others predictions against them, whilst making none of your own. Now we have somethign of yours to judge you by smart guy. Don;t cry about it now.

By the way, do you think woody has extended that 10% of the team offer to Bellichek idea you liek so much?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    We are in cap hell so it's time to gamble. If you nay sayers are right and Rex is babysitting for 2013 then in order to give him a fighting chance we should:

1. Go all skill players in the draft 1-3 rounds.

2. Move back to mid-late 1st and take Murray with the extra 2nd.

Murray can't be worse than the 2012 Sanchez and will give us hope at QB w/o a crippling cap hit.
    Going "all in" next year would be the worst thing the Jets could do. Given all the needs the team has they should take the BAP in each round.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Who was he supposed to play instead of Sanchez? I wish people would address this.
    ANSWER: Anyone but Mark Sanchez

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

2-14.

You like holding others predictions against them, whilst making none of your own. Now we have somethign of yours to judge you by smart guy. Don;t cry about it now.

By the way, do you think woody has extended that 10% of the team offer to Bellichek idea you liek so much?
    1. It is well documented that I had the Jets at 5-11 this year. Of all posters on JI, I'm the one who puts his name on it, doesn't hide. If you were part of the JI community instead of hiding under your bedsheets and avoiding people like Howard Hughes you would know this.

2. The only head coaching move the Jets have made that dramatically turned the franchise around was when we tampered with a team in our own division and stole their head coach. Forgive me if I feel that this is another desperate situation calling for desperate measures.

3. Find another poster to dog from thread to thread. SAR has enough clueless stalkers, take a number.

SAR I

All Pro
    If I was the new GM I would agree to keep Rex but I would put a gag order on him. I am really interested to see how he is when he just coaches and stfu.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    We have been addressing it since tc

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Sure, going from the frying pan to the fire. Tebow showed his uselessness in the few snaps he got and McElroy lasted all of one game, a loss. Yeah sure, those would have been great moves.
    So your willing to discard an entire season of success Tebow had with Denver but rely soley on his handful of plays he had with this team that has proven to be totally dysfunctional, Get Real. This organization had zero clues on how to adjust in order to win as Denver did, its an organizational failure not the player.
    Tebow would have been a success given 1/2 the chance that Sanchez got and if the team had any knowledge on how to utilize him.

1. It is well documented that I had the Jets at 5-11 this year. Of all posters on JI, I'm the one who puts his name on it, doesn't hide. If you were part of the JI community instead of hiding under your bedsheets and avoiding people like Howard Hughes you would know this.
    What the hell are you sperging about now SORE, er, SAR? No one is hiding, least of all from you. Not that hiding from you would be possible, given you sperge in every thread here, often dozens of times saying the same things over and over again.

2. The only head coaching move the Jets have made that dramatically turned the franchise around was when we tampered with a team in our own division and stole their head coach. Forgive me if I feel that this is another desperate situation calling for desperate measures.
    No forgiveness required. Your "plan" is to break league rules, and offer 100 million worth of team ownership (+ salary of course) to Bellichek. A very realistic solution.

When you grow your spine back, and want to name a real world coaching candidate to replace Rex, I'm sure we'll be all ears. Even if we're not, you'll surely post it a few hundred thousand times, so I doubt we'd miss it.

3. Find another poster to dog from thread to thread. SAR has enough clueless stalkers, take a number.
    I guess every post must look like stalking to you, given you're in every thread.

I assure you, if Warfish could get away from SAR, Warfish would love to do so. Your little routine is stale, missing it would be a blessing.

Tell us again how Sanchez is really great, and it's only Rex who made him bad.

Let's hope you're right, otherwise the G.M. we wind up with will probably not be worth his salt because anyone who will just sheepishly bow down to the owner is someone I don't think will be able to help lead a franchise to a championship. You must let the G.M. pick the groceries alongside HIS H.C., not someone else's.

Veteran

The evidence here is substantial if one looks at it from this perspective. The leaks, the locker room dissension, the story about Rex wanting out, the retraction, Woody Johnson not showing up at the Buffalo game, the canceled press conference, the canned statement from Woody Johnson instead of a joint press conference with his head coach showing support.

SAR I
    None of those mean anything. Woody missed the game to avoid the awkwardness of sitting with Tanny hours before firing him.

The case for keeping Rex is strong:

1. The two biggest name playmakers placed on IR
    2. Multiple key injuries on offense
    2. A new unqualified OC who was in over his head
    4. The failed Tebow experiment
    5. Lack of depth at OL, WRs which Tanny took the hit for.
    6. Sanchez' decline at QB

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Going "all in" next year would be the worst thing the Jets could do. Given all the needs the team has they should take the BAP in each round.
    BAP would mean going defense in the 1st round for the 3rd year in a row. After fielding a disfunctional offense I can't believe any GM will sign off on that idea.

Also, I don't understand how taking a projected 2nd round QB in the 2nd round is going all in.

Rex Ryan is GONE.

If what you say is true, if Woody Johnson is a huge Rex Ryan fan, he'd have had a joint press conference emphatically showing support for his head coach, telling us all how he is looking forward to Rex participating in the GM search.

Instead, Woody cancels Rex Ryan's presser, puts out a canned statement, and puts a gag order on him.

If Rex Ryan is our coach next year, it's not a sign that he's a great coach who's right for the job. Instead, its a sign that 2013 is a wasted year, a year of cleaning up dead cap money and terrible players, a year of letting our GM focus all his time on player acquisition and none of his time on the 2-14 mess of a team. Rex Ryan gets to have his reputation pushed even further under ground, the new GM gets a year to strategize, a new coach is announced a year from today.

Rex is GONE. It's already happened. Hopefully Woody's game forces Rex to resign so we don't have to pay him- though it'll be fun to watch him tortured for a year as punishment for what he did to our team.

SAR I
    SAR, If I may ask you to do me a favor...

Can you please go to the following URL http://www.jetsinsider.com/coaches.php

And please take note of what the listing says for the New York Jets Head Coach? Or are you able to grasp REALITY???????????

Nice to see you making a formal prediction in advance SAR.

2-14 if Rex stays for 2013, per SAR I.

Got it.

Exactly. As it should be.

New GM wants Rex, great, he stays. If he doesn't, fine, he's gone. Thats how it works in the NFL.
    LOL

All Pro
    Not an answer.

Who?
    and what would that have accomplished? There was NO ONE else on the roster that would have done a better job.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-01-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Calling it now, this thread is amusing.

2-14.

All Pro
    So your willing to discard an entire season of success Tebow had with Denver but rely soley on his handful of plays he had with this team that has proven to be totally dysfunctional, Get Real. This organization had zero clues on how to adjust in order to win as Denver did, its an organizational failure not the player.
    Tebow would have been a success given 1/2 the chance that Sanchez got and if the team had any knowledge on how to utilize him.
    waah waah waaah got to defend my Tebow

Who cares that Denver rearragned their entire offense around Tebow and what he did or didn't do there, if the organization is dysfunctional and incapable of using him correctly why suggest they use him? He's not a solution if they don't know how to utilize this fantastic superstar.

SAR I
    It is absolutely COMICAL that you oh so enjoy to call other posters out, even fabricate criticisms of other posters, the homer brigade, made up predictions, you love to bully, yet, when it is turned right back around on you, you become a complete *****, and I LOVE it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    Slim to no chance the new GM keeps Rex around as the HC.

I can see Rex being demoted to DC which is the only coaching position he is qualified for.

You're assuming it will be a legit GM and not a "Yes Man" like Cohen or Clinkscales. If we go into next year with basically the same front office (new GM + Bradway, et al) along with Rex, it will be an absolute joke.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Missing the one vital piece every winner needs.....a QB.

If Mark Sanchez is the #1 QB, it won't matter who the Head Coach or GM is. Mark Sanchez is the worst QB of the past 4 years, and there is no evidence to inspire faith he can be anything better.

It'll suck to see Rex fired, some new name brought in, and lose just the same with Sanchez leading the league again in turnovers.

If we're to clean house, clean it all. No Tanny. No Rex. Sure as **** better be no ****ing Sanchez either.