Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling it now. Rex is still getting canned.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    The writing is on your wall, nobody else's. There are alot of candidates who would love to retain rex. They know what he's capable of, too bad some Jet fans don't. This team is going to hire a good GM, when that happens, they'll talk about the new OC, not HC
    Do you have facts to back this up?

Do you know for a fact that the best candidates would want to retain Rex Ryan.

I'm sure there are some who would. But are they at the top of this list or are they the "consolation prize" because the best guys didn't want it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    tim tebow gave us a better shot at winning games or at least be competitive. the turnover machine mark sanchez flat out sucked and cost us the season.

if woody finds the perfect fit gm and he wants rex gone as part of taking the job rex is a goner.
    Disagree

TEBLOW= 0-16

First pick in April though

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Disagree

TEBLOW= 0-16

First pick in April though
    i know you dislike tebow but did you just see how sanchez destroyed this team?

he led the nfl in turnovers i think 51.

if rex replaced sanchez with tebow after week 6 im confident we have a wild-card game this upcoming weekend.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I'll buy a round of drinks for the board if your theory is true.

Woody, there is still time to make this right. Fire Rex, even if it is at the hand of your new GM.
    That's a lot of beer Borgo.....and I drink imports or craft beers!

i know you dislike tebow but did you just see how sanchez destroyed this team?

he led the nfl in turnovers i think 51.

if rex replaced sanchez with tebow after week 6 im confident we have a wild-card game this upcoming weekend.
    I agree that Sanchez should've been shown the pine, and Tebow given his shot. But let's not assume that Tebow would've automatically taken us to the playoffs.

We are going to pull a Herm and trade Rex for a pick so that Woody doesnt lose his money

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    That's a lot of beer Borgo.....and I drink imports or craft beers!
    LOL. Worth every penny from the sale of my house and son's clothing.

To Tebow it was. He had alot of trouble in the film room, along with throwing the ball into linemans backs at practice. If your a head coach, your gonna risk playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Rex Ryan's blind loyalty to veteran players and Mark Sanchez should be enough to show him the door.

The fact that the ground n' pound philosophy yielded nothing in terms of success and that his offense in general is a complete clusterf*ck doesn't help his case either.

2009 & 2010 might as well be 20 years ago. Rex isn't cut out to be a HC, he's a good DC that's in over his head.
    Lovie smith won 10games this yr and has been in a Super Bowl, he got fired because his offense was never higher than 15th. Rex has a less impressive résumé and worse offense, so he is on thin ice.

To Tebow it was. He had alot of trouble in the film room, along with throwing the ball into linemans backs at practice. If your a head coach, your gonna risk playing him.
    when your starting QB is shellshocked like David Carr, and turning over the football like Lindsay Lohan is turning tricks....yes, you try someone new. Tebow or McElroy should've been given a chance a lot earlier in the season.

Rex's decision making ability is god awful.

sanchez had no problems throwing the ball into linemans backs in games hell he had no problem running into thier asses and fumbling or throwing pick 6s.

he gave us the best chance to win?

No, i don't have facts to back it up. What im saying is that people underestimate the respect Ryan has throughout the league. And it wouldn't be hard to find a highly qualified GM, who would want to retain Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    when your starting QB is shellshocked like David Carr, and turning over the football like Lindsay Lohan is turning tricks....yes, you try someone new. Tebow or McElroy should've been given a chance a lot earlier in the season.
    rex ryan should be fired on this alone.

The pool of available HC candidates will shrink while the Jets go through the process of hiring a GM. Qualified and tested HC's will be difficult to find this year without recycling previous HCs.

For now, Woody retains an HC that still has the support of a not insignificant portion of the fan base. Rex has demonstrated that he can coach with the best when given even mediocre talent.

It also gives the next GM a mulligan for next season as the consequences of the last two years get purged while Rex demonstrates whether or not he merits staying. Woody is probably willing to give more authority over FB ops to the new GM by allowing the GM to determine Rex's future in the offseason or 2013.

I think canceling Rex's PC was a signal of that intention.

Rex should be fired...and I believe the new GM will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Rex should be fired...and I believe the new GM will do it.
    i agree.

rex is a blundering idiot and an embarrasment to the organization.

i know it you know it woody johnson knows it.

i agree.

rex is a blundering idiot and an embarrasment to the organization.

i know it you know it woody johnson knows it.
    that's another problem. I don't think Woody knows it.

But he will next year, when he sees his offense taking another nose dive.

None of our quarterbacks gave us a chance to win. If Cousins was our backup, Sanchez would have been warming the bench

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Where do people keep getting this **** from? They did NOT do the same thing with Schotty last year.

CMart and I debunked that last night. Here is what was said about Schotty last year:

"He would be the coordinator," Ryan said. "That's what his job title is, guys. He's under contract to be the offensive coordinator. So that, you know, is what I'm saying. ... To say that, well, you're considering a change, I don't think that, not helpful for Brian. He's under contract as the offensive coordinator and it's certainly going to help his chances of being a head coach."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...eimer-job-safe

Now compare that to Woody Johnson's statement. Rex is coming back.
    Problem is your quoting a statement from a man who turns into a bumbling idiot when the heat is turned on in a press conference and comparing it to a man who can at least keep it together when speaking. Woody's statement was exactly as it should have been whether he is firing Rex or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    This is what I don't get. If I were Rex, no way I would coach under these circumstances. It's a no win situation.

In his shoes (a frightening prospect for me), I'd resign and make my money on TV or coaching another team.
    Quitting is suicidal.

He is under contract for two more years and cannot coach anywhere else.

Rex put himself in this spot.