Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 280

Thread: Calling it now. Rex is still getting canned.

  1. #161
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    You're assuming it will be a legit GM and not a "Yes Man" like Cohen or Clinkscales. If we go into next year with basically the same front office (new GM + Bradway, et al) along with Rex, it will be an absolute joke.
    I think since it has been reported by several sources that the Jets have reached out to the following candidates:

    Ross (NYG)
    Gamble (SF)
    Caldwell (Atl) and
    Heckert (ex-Cleveland)

    That we can assume they are doing their due dilligence to find the best candidate. When you say a "yes man" who would the new GM have to say yes to? Woody knows very little about the football ops and he has never given anyone the impression that he does.

    I credit Woody from being proactive. The Leon Hess Jets would have waited for the bottom to drop out (at least one more season) which would have allowed Tanny and Rex to make a number of short-sighted desperate moves setting the organization back another season or two.

    Woody has done exactly what he should have done. Hiring the firm to do the search has given Woody at least three of the up and coming hot shot executives that will be GMs either this year or in the near future.

    If the Jets come away with Ross, Gamble, or Caldwell I think we will have a bright future and the adversity that the organization will have to go through in 2013 will be a lot easier to deal with.

  2. #162
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What the hell are you sperging about now SORE, er, SAR? No one is hiding, least of all from you. Not that hiding from you would be possible, given you sperge in every thread here, often dozens of times saying the same things over and over again.
    There are 60 active threads on the first two pages of the Landing Strip. I am active in 5 of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    No forgiveness required. Your "plan" is to break league rules, and offer 100 million worth of team ownership (+ salary of course) to Bellichek. A very realistic solution.
    Oh, so now we vacillate from personal attack to discussing subject matter? Pick one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    When you grow your spine back, and want to name a real world coaching candidate to replace Rex, I'm sure we'll be all ears. Even if we're not, you'll surely post it a few hundred thousand times, so I doubt we'd miss it.
    Ask every other Jets Insider poster who wants Rex Ryan gone to name a potential replacement. I don't see you hounding those 100+ other posters for a name. I don't do strawman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I guess every post must look like stalking to you, given you're in every thread.
    For the second time, there are 60 active threads on the first two pages of the Landing Strip. I am active in 5 of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I assure you, if Warfish could get away from SAR, Warfish would love to do so. Your little routine is stale, missing it would be a blessing.
    Oh, so now we vacillate from personal attack to discussing subject matter again? I'm a bit tired of you trying to re-establish your Landing Strip cred on my dime. Find another target.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Tell us again how Sanchez is really great, and it's only Rex who made him bad.
    Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum abandoned the offense and, by doing so, abandoned Mark Sanchez. You can draw a line in the sand and see when Mark's game went to hell and it coincides precisely with injuries to key playmakers, the fade of older targets, the dismissal of veteran WR's, and ultimately the hiring of a terrible offensive coordinator and the utter lack of playmaking replacements. Not rocket science. Though I can see why it would appear to be that way to you.

    SAR I

  3. #163
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    SAR, If I may ask you to do me a favor...

    Can you please go to the following URL http://www.jetsinsider.com/coaches.php

    And please take note of what the listing says for the New York Jets Head Coach? Or are you able to grasp REALITY???????????
    What's your point?

    Rex Ryan is the head coach of the New York Jets on January 1, 2013. It means nothing. If we get the GM that Woody wants and he wants Rex gone today or next year, he's gone.

    Do you read the newspapers? I'm not exactly breaking ground here. Almost every local and national news source and dozens of experienced writers are singing the same song: Hiring a GM and saddling him with the old HC never works. Sorry.

    SAR I

  4. #164
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It is absolutely COMICAL that you oh so enjoy to call other posters out, even fabricate criticisms of other posters, the homer brigade, made up predictions, you love to bully, yet, when it is turned right back around on you, you become a complete *****, and I LOVE it!!!
    Unlike you, I don't hide from my predictions.

    I turn right back around because if you don't stand up to the bully, you get swallowed whole, something you are well aware of, Jonah.

    Math time:

    6+6=____

    Help me out, Rah Rah.

    SAR I

  5. #165
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    waah waah waaah got to defend my Tebow

    Who cares that Denver rearragned their entire offense around Tebow and what he did or didn't do there, if the organization is dysfunctional and incapable of using him correctly why suggest they use him? He's not a solution if they don't know how to utilize this fantastic superstar.
    So you do agree then the problem was not the player it is the dysfunctional organization. The Jets by being dysfunctional will never be a winner, you can bring in super stars and if they don't know how to utilize them they become a wasted player.

    So your answer is to blame the player, not play him because we don't know how to use him, LOL. Listen to yourself.

    Tebow or McElroy would have led this club further then Sanchez took them, I think thats a given.

  6. #166
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm a bit tired of you trying to re-establish your Landing Strip cred on my dime. Find another target.

    SAR I
    This in a nutshell exposes you for the self-serving egomaniac you are...

    You have no problem dishing it it out though...

  7. #167
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Unlike you, I don't hide from my predictions.

    I turn right back around because if you don't stand up to the bully, you get swallowed whole, something you are well aware of, Jonah.

    Math time:

    6+6=____

    Help me out, Rah Rah.

    SAR I
    The only bully here is you, and like Warfish, I'm shoving my fist down your throat.

    I'm not hiding from anything, never was, never will.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 01-01-2013 at 09:32 PM.

  8. #168
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I think since it has been reported by several sources that the Jets have reached out to the following candidates:

    Ross (NYG)
    Gamble (SF)
    Caldwell (Atl) and
    Heckert (ex-Cleveland)

    That we can assume they are doing their due dilligence to find the best candidate. When you say a "yes man" who would the new GM have to say yes to? Woody knows very little about the football ops and he has never given anyone the impression that he does.

    I credit Woody from being proactive. The Leon Hess Jets would have waited for the bottom to drop out (at least one more season) which would have allowed Tanny and Rex to make a number of short-sighted desperate moves setting the organization back another season or two.

    Woody has done exactly what he should have done. Hiring the firm to do the search has given Woody at least three of the up and coming hot shot executives that will be GMs either this year or in the near future.

    If the Jets come away with Ross, Gamble, or Caldwell I think we will have a bright future and the adversity that the organization will have to go through in 2013 will be a lot easier to deal with.

    Disagree. "Exactly what he should have done" would have been to fire Rex so we are not limiting the pool of GM candidates. What gives you the impression any of those prospective GMs would come to a situation where they obviously don't have final say on the head coach?

    PS: Not sure what your definition of the bottom dropping out is, but I'd say it's already happened.
    Last edited by Toooon; 01-01-2013 at 09:34 PM.

  9. #169
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    So you do agree then the problem was not the player it is the dysfunctional organization. The Jets by being dysfunctional will never be a winner, you can bring in super stars and if they don't know how to utilize them they become a wasted player.

    So your answer is to blame the player, not play him because we don't know how to use him, LOL. Listen to yourself.

    Tebow or McElroy would have led this club further then Sanchez took them, I think thats a given.
    Complete and utter bull****!

  10. #170
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Complete and utter bull****!
    Ray, Sanchez was non-competitive in a plethora of games this year. McElroy actually bailed him out once. Tebow has carried a team to the playoffs and a division title.

    It is very fair to think one of them could have done a better job. At the very least I would have liked to have found out. But that was a failure by Rex.

  11. #171
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    So you do agree then the problem was not the player it is the dysfunctional organization. The Jets by being dysfunctional will never be a winner, you can bring in super stars and if they don't know how to utilize them they become a wasted player.

    So your answer is to blame the player, not play him because we don't know how to use him, LOL. Listen to yourself.

    Tebow or McElroy would have led this club further then Sanchez took them, I think thats a given.
    No, I don't agree. I was being sarcastic. Even if Tebow was any good - which he wasn't - they weren't set up to use him. Not being able to completely rearrange your offense for a last minute addition to the roster, does not make them dysfunctional. He was a waste of space.

    We saw what McElroy could do. He lasted a week. He would have played the last game if he hadn't got hurt.

    Just because Sanchez sucked doesn't make the alternative any better. Get over it.

  12. #172
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The only bully here is you, and like Warfish, I'm shoving my fist down your throat.

    I'm not hiding from anything, never was, never will.
    You are doing nothing but entertaining me. The 2012 New York Jets going 12-4 and winning the division, LOL, you're never going to live that down, Jonah.

    Don't throw yourself in the middle of a SARFISH debate; the adults are talking.

    SAR I

  13. #173
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, Sanchez was non-competitive in a plethora of games this year. McElroy actually bailed him out once. Tebow has carried a team to the playoffs and a division title.

    It is very fair to think one of them could have done a better job. At the very least I would have liked to have found out. But that was a failure by Rex.
    Tebow carried a team? I hope you've been drinking heavily. They let him throw like 7 passes a game. He led the world in three and outs, and he only any success against the prevent (which I wish we would stop using.) Denver had one of the best defenses in the league in the worst division. Sanchez is the only QB on the roster with talent. Rex had no choice but to hope he overcame his lack of confidence. I wish he had stuck with McElroy just so we would know if he might improve in 4 games, but since we were not mathematically eliminated yet that would have been conceding defeat.

  14. #174
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Tebow carried a team? I hope you've been drinking heavily. They let him throw like 7 passes a game. He led the world in three and outs, and he only any success against the prevent (which I wish we would stop using.) Denver had one of the best defenses in the league in the worst division. Sanchez is the only QB on the roster with talent. Rex had no choice but to hope he overcame his lack of confidence. I wish he had stuck with McElroy just so we would know if he might improve in 4 games, but since we were not mathematically eliminated yet that would have been conceding defeat.
    Hence "carried". He ran the ball a lot.

    I am not suggesting he is a better QB b.c I don't think he is. But he has won and Sanchez was woefully inept and overwhelmed this year.

    All I am saying is that it is not "complete bull$hit", as Ray suggested, that one of our backups could have done a better job than Sanchez. Sanchez was the worst starter in the NFL this year. It is not out of the question.

    That is all.

  15. #175
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    It just doesn't make any sense to go through all of this trouble finding a new GM, hiring a consulting firm and everything, if you're just going to make the most important decision for him.

    Allow the GM to select his own staff and players. If that guy wants to keep Rex, that's fine with me. But let the guy make the football decisions -- that's what he's being hired for.

    I don't think Woody is stupid, so he has to recognize this is the right thing to do.
    I hope you're right!

  16. #176
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, Sanchez was non-competitive in a plethora of games this year. McElroy actually bailed him out once. Tebow has carried a team to the playoffs and a division title.

    It is very fair to think one of them could have done a better job. At the very least I would have liked to have found out. But that was a failure by Rex.
    I'm well aware of Sanchez' struggles this year.

    The statement that I responded to was "Tebow or McElroy "would have led the club further..."

    Not "could have," even "could have" is extremely debatable and most probably false

    As I said, complete and utter bull****!

  17. #177
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Tebow carried a team? I hope you've been drinking heavily. They let him throw like 7 passes a game. He led the world in three and outs, and he only any success against the prevent (which I wish we would stop using.) Denver had one of the best defenses in the league in the worst division. Sanchez is the only QB on the roster with talent. Rex had no choice but to hope he overcame his lack of confidence. I wish he had stuck with McElroy just so we would know if he might improve in 4 games, but since we were not mathematically eliminated yet that would have been conceding defeat.
    Tebow carried a team in a funky, non-NFL offense that was created just for him and took the league by surprise for about 10 weeks. Then the good teams figured out how to stop it and that was that.

    The Jets never intended to run the Denver Tebow Option, so he was reduced to a Brad Smith type and he was no good in that role. McElroy was only elevated to defacto #2 QB because we had no #2 QB. So when Sanchez struggled, we had no true backup on the roster.

    This was discussed way back in July. Not a surprise that doomsday happened and we were hung out to dry with no QB option except Mark for better or worse. Now, had we dedicated ourselves to running the Denver Tebow Option, well, ironically we'd have made the playoffs. Good thing they never tried.

    SAR I

  18. #178
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'm well aware of Sanchez' struggles this year.

    The statement that I responded to was "Tebow or McElroy "would have led the club further..."

    Not "could have," even "could have" is extremely debatable and most probably false

    As I said, complete and utter bull****!
    "Could" or "would" have. Both fair IMO.

    Especially when the comparison is the epitome of futility.

  19. #179
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,393
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Tebow carried a team? I hope you've been drinking heavily. They let him throw like 7 passes a game. He led the world in three and outs, and he only any success against the prevent (which I wish we would stop using.) Denver had one of the best defenses in the league in the worst division. Sanchez is the only QB on the roster with talent. Rex had no choice but to hope he overcame his lack of confidence. I wish he had stuck with McElroy just so we would know if he might improve in 4 games, but since we were not mathematically eliminated yet that would have been conceding defeat.
    I'm not a pro Tebow guy but Denver went to the playoffs with him as QB. He beat Eric Smith on that end around to beat us. He was terrible but they mostly won with him. I saw a lot of those games and he made players play inspired ball.

  20. #180
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You are doing nothing but entertaining me. The 2012 New York Jets going 12-4 and winning the division, LOL, you're never going to live that down, Jonah.

    Don't throw yourself in the middle of a SARFISH debate; the adults are talking.

    SAR I
    I'm glad I'm giving what you lack in life and you crave on an internet message board. Attention for your lacking self-esteem and insignificant life.

    There is nothing to live down, it was never a prediction, I'm not the only one who has called you out for this, but continue with your pathetic little charade, only for the attention that it gives you.

    You are a small little man, you want to continue the charade, I'll continue to step on you.

    My advice, STFU, grow up, and help to improve the quality of the board, who would rather not read any of this BS.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us