Thread: Sanchez Question

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Sanchez Question

I haven't heard to much about the possibility of Mark restructuring his contract. If the new GM says listen, your time here is over, we will shop you to a team where you have a shot to compete as a starting quarterback, but it wont be possible with your current contract. Lets restructure and rather then waste time in your prime years on the bench here in NY, we can move you somewhere with a fresh start and scheme to try and make a name for yourself. I agree 8 million is hard to give up, and he may say no Ill just sit and collect, but if they sell him on the future and what's best for his career he may listen. It may make more sense for him to get himself out of NY long term. Or the flip side of we need to free cap space to bring in talent around you (Not what I want for sure but a sell?)Is this possible if Mark somehow agreed to it?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    My Sanchez? Is R- your backs packed yet? Cause Woody has his private Jet & Pilot & Tony Soprano ready to get you out of here.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The answer is yes!

Yellow is the perfect color.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to say it, but my gut tells me that Sanchez really doesnt care about being a starter as much as he does receiving his 8 mil paycheck next year.

I wouldnt .

Go Jets, into the future, and beyond!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to think this could be the case, but the problem with that line of thinking is that we've never seen anything so honorable from him in the past.

During all of these bad games he was having this season, where he was very clearly the reason why we were losing, did you ever, even once, see Sanchez step up to the plate? Did you ever see him take ownership? I never did. He would always throw the rest of the team under the bus and say things like, "we need to player better as a team".

The team normally had nothing to do with the offense failing. Sanchez is the QB of the offense and therefore i sll starts with him.

So asking him to take to be an honorable guy when he's never been one in the past is hard for me to believe.

More than likely, he'll just sit on the bench in 2013 and collect 8.25 million. He's a greedy, little sh*tbag that's going to get away with it and he knows that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    More than likely, he'll just sit on the bench in 2013 and collect 8.25 million. He's a greedy, little sh*tbag that's going to get away with it and he knows that.
    agreed i can see this being the scenario. ever notice in pressers he gives you a sense hes elsewhere and doesnt give a damn what you think of what he says.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doubtful. Mark probably realizes he's terrible and won't be handed a golden contract like this again.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should be bringing a wheel barrow full of $500. bill stacks back to Woody....walking backwards.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well its wishful thinking that one day he will be a leader and follow other leaders that have restructured so their teams were in a better position to sign talent. Hes not a good quarter back but if surrounded by talent as shown the first two years in the right system with an oc that manages him he can suffice. Then after next year much easier to ditch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VilmaStar View Post
    Well its wishful thinking that one day he will be a leader and follow other leaders that have restructured so their teams were in a better position to sign talent. Hes not a good quarter back but if surrounded by talent as shown the first two years in the right system with an oc that manages him he can suffice. Then after next year much easier to ditch.
    I have no idea what you do for a living but put yourself in the same situation. The whole world knows you suck at your job... but you know you have a lot of potential. Is your career so important that you would give up millions just for a chance to try again next year?

Or would you sit on a beach somewhere for a year and decide if you even want to have a career when you don't need one? He's got millions in income for life just living off the interest of what he's made and owed. No, it's not even a question.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I have no idea what you do for a living but put yourself in the same situation. The whole world knows you suck at your job... but you know you have a lot of potential. Is your career so important that you would give up millions just for a chance to try again next year?

Or would you sit on a beach somewhere for a year and decide if you even want to have a career when you don't need one? He's got millions in income for life just living off the interest of what he's made and owed. No, it's not even a question.
    I'm willing to bet Mark will, in fact, restructure his contract for the good of the team. The Jets will keep him and allow him to compete for the starting position in 2013 - whether he's successful at retaining his starting position or not is irrelevant. He'll want to prove everyone wrong and will do what's necessary to make that happen. Restructuring his contract will be his only option to stay with the Jets and redeem himself in the process. If he refuses, the Jets need to bite the bullet, take the cap hit, and move on. And yes, I realize how big of a financial hit that is to the team.