Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ian O'Connor: Rex Ryan should have gotten the boot too...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    By the same token, how do YOU know this?

Can you or someone point me to a reference that denies or refutes these claims and proves otherwise?
    Exactly.

I hate the media just as much as Ray does. But I also understand that it is hard for all of them to be wrong all the time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't say it was Pettine. But it could be Pettine. He's been rumored to be behind the comments Mehta referenced.
    By Francesa. A guy who when LT was arrested for rape, announced on the air that he had "spoken to his sources in law enforcement in NJ," proceeded to pontificate how the charges were trumped up, and then backtracked as soon as he realized LT's rape thing happened in New York.

But because Francesa says it MP, we should believe it. Gotcha.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    By Francesa. A guy who when LT was arrested for rape, announced on the air that he had "spoken to his sources in law enforcement in NJ," proceeded to pontificate how the charges were trumped up, and then backtracked as soon as he realized LT's rape thing happened in New York.

No one has denied it or proven otherwise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

You should know by now the majority of posters here will believe anything negative from heresay or anonymous sources but want documented prove of something positive..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. When's the last time the NY Times was relevant in the world of sports?

The NY Times hasn't refuted anything either.
    What? What does that mean? It's one of the biggest papers in the city. And it's not relevant because it refuses to pull a TMZ: have Manish write a story, then wait for Rex to respond, and then have Myers write a story attacking Rex?

Why would any of the other papers want to give any more support or attention to a competitor?

Again, maybe all of this is true, but "NFL source" isn't good enough for me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who do you want to do this? The Post? So the post should do a big spread about the Daily News reporting? I'm sure that the Post editors will get right on that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear you're Donald Trump, Jordy.

I'll wait for the debunking of that claim.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You should know by now the majority of posters here will believe anything negative from heresay or anonymous sources but want documented prove of something positive..
    If there's actual proof to the contrary, isn't it reasonable to believe that it would have come out by now?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He focused solely on the NYDN. I merely pointed out that it wasn't just the DN. It was everybody.

By the way, do you have any sources that refute any of what's being reported?
    Rex Ryan held a special public PC to deny the allegations from the unnamed source.

The burden of proof is not on me, but the media alleging-since RR is still in the job f HC I believe him and not them or obnoxious SOJF
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-01-2013 at 04:15 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What? What does that mean? It's one of the biggest papers in the city. And it's not relevant because it refuses to pull a TMZ: have Manish write a story, then wait for Rex to respond, and then have Myers write a story attacking Rex?

Why would any of the other papers want to give any more support or attention to a competitor?

Again, maybe all of this is true, but "NFL source" isn't good enough for me.
    Then where is the New York Times in all of this?

If they have evidence to the contrary, I'm all ears and eyes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Rex Ryan held a special public PC to deny the allegations from the unnamed source.

The burden of proof is not on me, but the media alleging-since RR is still in the job f HC I believe him and not them or obnoxious SOJF
    That only relates to what he said or didn't say about wanting to be fired.

Please follow along with the rest of the class.

It must be a tough road riding on the bandwagon after 44 years of futility. How do you maintain? I doubt you've been at for 44 years though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That only relates to what he said or didn't say about wanting to be fired.

Please follow along with the rest of the class.

It must be a tough road riding on the bandwagon after 44 years of futility. How do you maintain? I doubt you've been at for 44 years though.
    Sorry, I'm not in the low echelon of SOJF dopes that buys into what the Giant-loving NY media asserts anonymously.

I'll bump up the discussion another level beyond your comprehension so dont start getting all runny again - I just called the "but everybody says so" argument You put forth argumentum ad populum but its also argumentum ad ignorantium, in that the burden of proof of ryan wanting to be gone is on the folks like mehta making the assertion-not me.

So where is that copious "proof" already?
    Ryan is still here!

Not that I care about SOJF pissants personal circumstances vs mine but I've been a fan far longer than you and seen the Jets win it all. Not young but not too old to kick someone's aZz so high up between their shoulder blades that they'll be runnin' for the nearest cathedral and some bells to ring... Born and raised 2 miles From Shea. Its none of your damn business about how and what I "maintain" (my positive non-SOJF , non self hating outlook)
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-01-2013 at 04:53 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Sorry, I'm not in the low echelon of SOJF dopes that buys into what the Giant-loving NY media asserts anonymously.

I'll bump up the discussion another level beyond your comprehension so dont start getting all runny again - I just called the "but everybody says so" argument You put forth argumentum ad populum but its also argumentum ad ignorantium, in that the burden of proof of ryan wanting to be gone is on the folks like mehta making the assertion-not me.

So where is that copious "proof" already?
    Ryan is still here!

Not that I care about SOJF pissants personal circumstances vs mine but I've been a fan far longer than you and seen the Jets win it all. Not young but not too old to kick someone's aZz so high up between their shoulder blades that they'll be runnin' for the nearest cathedral and some bells to ring... Born and raised 2 miles From Shea. Its none of your damn business about how and what I "maintain" (my positive non-SOJF , non self hating outlook)
    Well, first of all, as I said and which you apparently ignored, this thread is not about what Ryan said or didn't say vis a vis what Mehta reported. That was discussed ad nauseum in a different thread. I've yet to see any source of any kind refute what the article, which is the topic of this thread, puts forth. Nor do Rex Ryan's denials, no matter how emotional, sway me from thinking he was somehow wrongly misquoted by Mehta as well. Rex hasn't exactly been the model of verbal consistency over the years here.

Secondly, I too personally witnessed a Jets Super Bowl victory. Congratulations to us both! Which makes me scratch my head in bewilderment as to your narrowly focused, blind faith loyalty to an organization that has failed so miserably since then, transcending 3 ownerships. But if this is a "who's been a fan longer dick-measuring contest," maybe you win.

And LOL @ the tough guy personna. That always brings a smile to my face.
    Last edited by Jordy; 01-01-2013 at 05:12 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

It's so funny watching the young fans make such a hard stance on the doings of the NFL.

He's had 4 years to learn. Oh yeah? That's it huh? That's all he gets? Because you say so? LOL

The DC leaks are complete rumors, nobody knows the truth on that, nobody knows what went down. It was rather telling to watch Ray Lucas' response when Manish's name was brought up, it's obvious this guy is a rat, and there are a LOT of people who have a problem with that hack, players, coaches, and even his own peers. It took another weasel in Gary Myers to come to his defense.

The unpreparedness is a joke, it's just not true. When the team turns over the ball as much as it did this year, and really, the last two, that changes everything, including preparation. Preparation goes out the window when they are forced to change their game plan so often and quickly with self-inflicted wounds due to turnovers.

There is NO way you or anybody can predict what is going to happen next year. Saying they won't is complete crap. It's certainly possible, but you cannot guarantee that, so why bother? Are there question marks for next year? Yep, quite a bit, but every year is a new year, even for the teams that go through drastic changes. Look no further than the Colts team this year, they had every monumental challenge against them, including losing their coach to cancer, look where they are?

Pull the plug, and for who? You don't have an answer, just your chest out high and your foot-stomping, and nothing more.
    Typical Ray, blame the media, everyone's on idiot but him. Yet your vision of this team and how it will play is almost always wrong. I'd say the guys getting paid money to cover the team have a lot more credibility than a blowhard fan who makes every excuse for a coach or player on the Jets in the book.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Typical Ray, blame the media, everyone's on idiot but him. Yet your vision of this team and how it will play is almost always wrong. I'd say the guys getting paid money to cover the team have a lot more credibility than a blowhard fan who makes every excuse for a coach or player on the Jets in the book.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Dude read some of the garbage you've written in this thread. Blindly defending anything Rex when just last week you were telling us Tannenbaum should get another season. Now it's all his fault. It's all Sanchez's fault even though all year you kept telling us Sanchez was a franchise QB just not surrounded with good enough weapons.

You'll blindly defend anything organization does, even when it should be apparent to anyone who has even a casual interest in football that some of the moves are bad at the time they were made. You liked the Tebow pickup and predicted 12-4. I just can't believe anyone who follows football could have thought that was a good move. But you went on and on about how this really could be the best Jet team under Rex, how the talent was there, etc etc etc. You're just blind to the mistakes this organization continually makes. And then you blame the media for pointing out terrible play and objectively bad personnel decisions. What are they supposed to do? Be blind to it like you are?