Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injuries

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Injuries

We had a ton of injuries this year that had a major impact on the Jet season.

I remember a few years back and listening to a game and the announcer mentioned that since all the players start using these machines that isolated muscles injuries have gone through the roof. Then I remember reading about hamstring injuries from doing squats and not balancing the leg muscles with leg curls.

I think whatever is happening to cause so many injuries needs to be seriously evaluated based on teams that have the least injuries. It seems with the Jets state of the art facilities that injuries would be down and not up.

Any ideas about this.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post

I remember a few years back and listening to a game and the announcer mentioned that since all the players start using these machines that isolated muscles injuries have gone through the roof. Then I remember reading about hamstring injuries from doing squats and not balancing the leg muscles with leg curls.

I think whatever is happening to cause so many injuries needs to be seriously evaluated based on teams that have the least injuries. It seems with the Jets state of the art facilities that injuries would be down and not up.

Any ideas about this.

good news, though this week

NO injuries to report

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would worry more about the lack of sleep.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Any ideas about this.
    I blame the new CBA that got rid of tough training camp 2 a day workouts..
    When the season starts players had had minimal real game time contact..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I would worry more about the lack of sleep.
    You mean like injuries do to partying too much ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I blame the new CBA that got rid of tough training camp 2 a day workouts..
    When the season starts players had had minimal real game time contact..
    I hated when they implemented that. But why all the Jet Injuries and not Houston?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not the injuries so much as who was injured. Revis, Holmes, Keller, Pouha. That's like half our salary cap right there. Obviously this is all Rex' fault.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It's not the injuries so much as who was injured. Revis, Holmes, Keller, Pouha. That's like half our salary cap right there. Obviously this is all Rex' fault.
    Hill, Moore, well almost every player had some kind of eg, http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/injury.html

But yeah Revis and Holmes are the big cap hits and key players no doubt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Any ideas about this.
    No one on injury list this week..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    imo the training is certainly a part of it. other teams like the patsies just don't seem to have their fair share. but some of these injuries are also in player attitude. players who want to get on the field don't seem to get injured that much.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I'm gonna say is the Jets were one of the least injured teams in the NFL when Sal Alosi was here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Any ideas about this.
    This team has been DEAD flat since mid 2011....injuries are perhaps the weakest excuse for the downfall.

The 3 game slide to end 2011 looked like 2012.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I'm sure the Ravens would have used Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs' injuries as excuses as well.

But they're too busy preparing for their playoff game against Indy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    this was discussed a few weeks ago in a thread, the jets are actually looking into this season on why the spike in soft tissue injuries

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were healthy last year.

But then there was the lockout.

Enough with the excuses. But they do need to address what was behind the injuries.

Except the injuries to Revis and Holmes had nothing to do with conditioning nor could they have been prevented by doing something different.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    They were healthy last year.

But then there was the lockout.

Enough with the excuses. But they do need to address what was behind the injuries.

Except the injuries to Revis and Holmes had nothing to do with conditioning nor could they have been prevented by doing something different.
    In Holmes case he was pissed during TC that the WR coach had him do too many reps; he subsequently tweaked his Hammy.
    I know there are a lot of little things an elite athlete must do during training. One is sticking to a yearly plan including off season minimum etc. Stretching and gradual increase in reps and weight etc.

Hopefully they are getting some off season andin season professional guidance. Too much alcohol and partying can effect the progress...just saying.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    this was discussed a few weeks ago in a thread, the jets are actually looking into this season on why the spike in soft tissue injuries
    I missed it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    This team has been DEAD flat since mid 2011....injuries are perhaps the weakest excuse for the downfall.

The 3 game slide to end 2011 looked like 2012.
    You say excuses, I say impacted.

Still it is a factor if avoided could help us going foward. I tore my maniscus playing racquetball and a year later I started wearing knee braces that basketball player wear. I can still play but with braces on both knees. I'm not sure what the NFL does but a little preventative stuff with impact player might help.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    All I'm gonna say is the Jets were one of the least injured teams in the NFL when Sal Alosi was here.
    This!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AzJetFan View Post
    This!
    Okay then they should get him the f@ck back. He probably emphasize the way to prevent injuries.