Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody Johnson is the problem! Boycott?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Woody Johnson is the problem! Boycott?

How can we force him to sell the team. He's clueless about football. Cares only about $$$ and has a huge ego. Recipe for sustained disaster. Wish I were a Giants fan.

HELP!!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonLeon View Post
    How can we force him to sell the team. He's clueless about football. Cares only about $$$ and has a huge ego. Recipe for sustained disaster. Wish I were a Giants fan.

HELP!!!
    Good luck with that.
    Great Thread.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

HELP!!!
    You can't. He's not. He doesn't. Go root for them.

DUMP!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go ahead, you can be a Giants fan. Good riddance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

HELP!!!
    Johnson's record as owner has been pretty good:

13 seasons:

8 winning seasons +(1 .500 season)
    6 playoff seasons
    2 Trips to the conference finals

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Johnson's record as owner has been pretty good:

13 seasons:

8 winning seasons +(1 .500 season)
    6 playoff seasons
    2 Trips to the conference finals
    Not saying I want him gone but I don't know how that's pretty good. Jets fans have some low standards I guess, no wonder why most are Mets fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

HELP!!!
    The Johnson family is worth 13 odd million. He has a beautiful wife and is a pretty mellow guy.He would talk to you or me if he were up in Cortdland. How could he care about money when he already has more than he needs and is semi retired?

He bought the Franchise because he was a fan. Everyone who has worked for him has only nice things to say about him.

I think he is a great owner to have.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    be careful what you wish for.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j3ts83 View Post
    Not saying I want him gone but I don't know how that's pretty good. Jets fans have some low standards I guess, no wonder why most are Mets fans.
    You're a Jets fan also idiot, you should know exactly what low standards is all about.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Low standards?? I guess you can't read.

The thread originator wants to boycott Woody. I am merely pointing out his record has been "Pretty Good." I didn't say great or excellent.

I'm just sick of the whining.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    just walked past a clearance section of jets merchandise at dicks sporting goods 50% off plus. some nice stuff nike and other brands.

guess what screw you woody. fix the entire mess.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how much money Woody will see from co-hosting next season's Super Bowl...?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post

DUMP!!!
    He's not? please provide proof

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must not know your Jets history. In the 40 seasons prior to Johnson buying the team the Jets only had 10 winning seasons and 8 playoff appearances. And in Johnson's 13 years as Jets owner he has had 8 winning seasons and 6 playoff appearances. So the problem isn't with us Mets fans who are also Jets fans, it's with the Yankees fans who try to hold the Jets up to those standards. The Jets franchise has been more like the Mets franchise, so it's not low standards it's realistic standards. I'm sure if the Jets could spend $250 million to spend there way out of problems like the Yankees do then they would have won some championships by now as well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Indeed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    You must not know your Jets history. In the 40 seasons prior to Johnson buying the team the Jets only had 10 winning seasons and 8 playoff appearances. And in Johnson's 13 years as Jets owner he has had 8 winning seasons and 6 playoff appearances. So the problem isn't with us Mets fans who are also Jets fans, it's with the Yankees fans who try to hold the Jets up to those standards. The Jets franchise has been more like the Mets franchise, so it's not low standards it's realistic standards. I'm sure if the Jets could spend $250 million to spend there way out of problems like the Yankees do then they would have won some championships by now as well.
    Prior to 1994 there wasn't a cap so Hess could have spent as he liked....and some years he spent the most (see below) ...doesn't always translate into winning

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/07/11/sp...st-in-nfl.html

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    The Johnson family is worth 13 odd million. He has a beautiful wife and is a pretty mellow guy.He would talk to you or me if he were up in Cortdland. How could he care about money when he already has more than he needs and is semi retired?

He bought the Franchise because he was a fan. Everyone who has worked for him has only nice things to say about him.

I think he is a great owner to have.
    I'm sure you meant billion, not million, but that is family money, not Woody's. The family has kept him far away from the family business since an early age. He's wealthy for sure, but he also has one of the highest debt service of any NFL owner due to the huge stadium expense and his then record price for the Jets. If fans do start bailing on their PSL payments, and merchandise sales fall to nada, he WILL feel the squeeze. EVERY billionaire (in which he no longer qualifies) CARES about money. Don't kid yourself.

That said, he's not going anywhere and there's nothing you can do to change his behavior.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Realistic standards you say? What would you say the goal every season is? I believe it's to win a Super Bowl and so does our coach. Having 0 Super Bowls in over 40 years is not good, it's pathetic.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, lets try to force an owner to sell a professional football team. One that is a billion dollar business. WTF kind of thread is this?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen so many boycott threads this year I'd swear I was having an acid flashback to the 60's. Funny thing is, I was born in the 80's.

Boycott until your heart's content.