Thread: Who is assisting Woody with the Interviews?

Veteran

Who is assisting Woody with the Interviews?

I know Korn/Ferry are making the candidate recommendations, but who will be conducting the interviews? Is Woody doing them by himself? If so, god help us! I can imagine the following:

Woody: Tell me something about yourself?
    Candidate: I like snacks.
    Woody: Snacks? Hot damn! You'll fit in great with Rex. We have a winner!

Hopefully, he'll have Someone with a clue helping him with the interviews - and I don't mean Rex!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    I know Korn/Ferry are making the candidate recommendations, but who will be conducting the interviews? Is Woody doing them by himself? If so, god help us! I can imagine the following:

Hopefully, he'll have Someone with a clue helping him with the interviews - and I don't mean Rex!!
    I hope he don't like Mexican food..

Hall Of Fame

He is paying someone $200K to conduct the search and help with interviews, and then give their recommendation .

Jets President Neil Glat is a guess. Came from the NFL offices. Since Korn/Ferry was recently involved in the Seattle GM search/choice I'm sure they have info, people to assist in that part too notably Jed Hughes.

http://www.kornferry.com/PressRelease/13435
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-01-2013 at 03:28 PM.

@jetswhispers: Hughes is well worth money he's getting. Jets are smart to hire him - he's a football guy, Woody's 2 right hand men - Ira and Neil aren't.

Veteran
    In my experience, recruiting firms pre interview the candidates, but don't sit in on the actual interviews with the candidates. Glat seems logical. I don't trust Woody to do it alone. I just hope whoever it is, Woody gives him full control of the team. We need one person to be in charge, that has the authority to make the decisions. No more 3 headed Tanny/Rex/Woody monster!

Veteran
    I mean whoever gets hired as GM, not who is conducting the interviews.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @jetswhispers: Hughes is well worth money he's getting. Jets are smart to hire him - he's a football guy, Woody's 2 right hand men - Ira and Neil aren't.
    So, does Hughes ultimately make the decision and Woody just gives a rubber stamp? I would hope that Hughes ranks the candidates in order of preference and Woody gives the ultimate yea or nea. If this is the case, the process should be resolved quickly.

So, does Hughes ultimately make the decision and Woody just gives a rubber stamp? I would hope that Hughes ranks the candidates in order of preference and Woody gives the ultimate yea or nea. If this is the case, the process should be resolved quickly.
    I would hope its Woody's decision. It's his team.

I'm guessing between Hughes, Glat and Woody they'll talk about the interviews. Woody and / or Glat might even discuss them among their NFL contacts and then come to a decision.